Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • What compressionless brake outer for mech discs?
  • nemesis
    Free Member

I’m building up a road disc bike with Spyres, similar set up to my cx. On the cx, yokozuna compressionless outer made a noticeable difference so I want to do the same again but the yokozuna cable I used previously is silly expensive now.

Any alternatives you can recommend? TIA

TheBrick
    Free Member

Aluminium tubing on the straight sections

fasthaggis

Jagwire works for me.

Make sure you do a good job on the outer cuts.

demelitia
    Free Member

Jagwire cable tends to have linear stranded wire rather than coiled and is advertised as compresssionless. The Ripcord stuff they sell made a massive difference to a set of BB7’s on a mtb. It’s also internally lived and the ferrules are o-ring sealed as far as I can remember. Might be worth seeing if they have an equivalent road version.

fasthaggis

Oh,and as good as the Yokozuna were,I always thought they were a bit too stiff.

rOcKeTdOg

fasthaggis

Used Alligator i-links for gear cables a lot* and always wondered what they would be like for mech discs .

* Just cause I liked the look  🙂

Bez

Jagwire and Ashima working fine here.

steve_b77
    Free Member

The TRP own brand kit is pretty damn good, installed some on my CX bike with Sypres and the improvement was noticeable

dovebiker

Goodridge are good, but can’t find a seller since Chain Reaction have stopped selling them – they were heavily discounted, so I ordered 5m and guess-what, I got 5x 1m lengths (the muppets)

nemesis
    Free Member

Cool. Thanks everyone. Lots of options to look into

IHN

The Gusset stuff that Charlie the Bikemonger sells.

MrSparkle

You leave Charlie’s gusset out of this.

joemmo
    Free Member

I found the jagwire ripcord stuff to be pretty good, long lasting and effective.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘What compressionless brake outer for mech discs?’ is closed to new replies.