Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • What clipless/ flat pedal shoe for fatbike?
  • burko73

After some decent shoes for fat biking. Pootling around the forest, discovering trails etc rather than all day adventures or bike packing.

Got crank bros mallets/ eggbeaters on my other bikes and flatties on my fatbike.

Quite fancy a shoe that works on flat pedals but I could also put the cleats on. Would the shoe be ok on the flatties with a cleat on? Thinking something like a flat soled shimano shoe with cleat holes.

Not lots of cash but not super cheap and cheerful.

survivor

Fat biking shoe 🙄

slowboydickie

Do you mean a spd pedal shoe that can be worn on flats? Surely whether for fat bike is irrelevant.

slowboydickie

Shimano

Five10

It’s a compromise though because they won’t do either job 100%.

rOcKeTdOg

When you find a shoe, next is a fat biking sadddle

burko73

Okay smartarses, let me clear things up 😉

I’ve got shimano mtb shoes that are a few yrs old something like an mo64. I’ve been using these on my road/ cross bike as well. They’re light and stiff but not good for walking in, and knocking around off the bike (cafe stops, pubs after a ride etc.) they’re not particularly waterproof so I use some sealskins bootees over the top.

On my fattie I tend to be pootling a bit more and exploring, perhaps stopping at the odd pub. I have flat pedals on it at the mo but might put some mallets on it. It would be good to have a shoe that has a cleat but I could also use on a flat pedal if I’m away in the camper and have my hack bike (with flatties).

And no, I don’t need a fatbike saddle…..

😉

rOcKeTdOg

Snow boots or sea waders if you’re using the fat bike for it’s intended purpose

chrishc777
    Free Member

661 filter shoes, a mate uses them as flat pedal shoes and spd shoes

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member
    burko73

Don’t get much snow down here in the south and there’s enough sandy stuff away from the shore so the sea boots and snow shoes aren’t required for my fat biking…! Ta.

getonyourbike
    Free Member

You can certainly do it, but I’ve found the sole of clipless shoes (even skate style ones) to be far too stiff to have any feel when using flats. Eg. you can’t tell whether the bike is coming with you or not in a bunnyhop, or if the shoe is in the right position on the pedal. Don’t do it.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘What clipless/ flat pedal shoe for fatbike?’ is closed to new replies.