Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • What cheap slack 29er to mess about on?
  • nikk
    Free Member

I test rode a Genesis Mantle when I wanted to see if a 29er was my thing. Was convinced within about 5 minutes riding that 29er was good, and that frame was nice as well. I’d consider it a good value setup for the price they go for. Only think I didn’t like off the bat was the gears, only because they were clunky lower end ones and had the devils own front dérailleur contraption thingy on it (eh Dougie 😉

gwj72
    Free Member

You can get some idea of HA and rake on this photo. Two Joe Murray frames designed 20 years apart….

z1ppy

Ton, it’s a 456 Evo 26er, 65.7 degree with 140mm forks (I assume 140’s, doesn’t actually say), can’t see, so supposedly 66.7 with130’s

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Define ‘cheap’.

LBS tells me Ison are selling off this year’s El Mariachis cheap, but may not be slack enough?

Any more information on this? I’m after one.

z1ppy

A small update about the Voodoo Bizango, MBR suggestions (I glanced at in the newsagents) some of the geometry figures are:

Size: 18″
    Headangle: 68.5°
    Seat angle: 72°
    BB Height: 313mm
    Chainstay: 433
    Front Centre: 680mm
    Wheelbase 1113mm
    Downtube: 703

As the chainstay are adjustable (10mm going from the photo but maybe a bit more?) I don’t know if that the shortest figure listed above or the longest (imagine it’s the shortest)
    Sounds like interesting/fun 29er for just £600

z1ppy

Finally got hold of the geometry chart from Halford’s (cheers Tom)..

Voodoo Bizango by z1ppy2, on Flickr

Clink

Cheers Zippy – is it a tapered fork/headtube?

z1ppy

…ffs sake I dunno 😯 … I ain’t asking either! 😉
    It was hard enough to get what should be simple geometry info out of them. I’d assume it will have a taper headtube.
    TBF even the local mini halfords store where more than willing to get one of each size in for me to physically measure! So ring round you local branches (to find one with stock) and go and have a look…

dantsw13

Voodoo Bizango at Halfords picture shows a straight head tube.

z1ppy

Can’t say I’d noticed that before.. bloody hell, why would they do such a stupid thing?
    (26er straight steerer forks are getting to be gold dust.. . let alone 29er’s)

Clink

Featuring the latest oversized XX44 head tube for increased steering precision

From here, but not sure accurate – somebody who has one must be able to confirm?

http://www.mbr.co.uk/bikes/voodoo-bizango-29er-review-2013/

dantsw13

The Halfords link also states 1 1/8 headset. Still not conclusive, but the picture doesn’t look like an OS head tube.

Rorschach
    Free Member

I got the 4x frame and the quality is excellent.
    68 degree HA,short(ish) CS….especially when you consider it’s £185!!!!!!!!!

Leigh2612
    Free Member

Really like the gun metal primal, looks lovely!
    Not very helpful I know…!

Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)

The topic ‘What cheap slack 29er to mess about on?’ is closed to new replies.