Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 226 total)
  • What car do you drive, and why?
  • 2unfit2ride
    Free Member

I own a Vauxhall Zafira, very versatile, & we need one extra seat on occasion, so it suits us for pretty much every need except 'want'!

What do you drive, and how do/did you justify the purchase?

Awaits the 'I don't have a car' answers from all the 16 year old '30 somethings' on the forum 😉

Smudger666

Vectra estate – company car – repmobile 🙂

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Awaits the 'I don't have a car' answers from all the 16 year old '30 somethings' on the forum

you mean only the coo-il doods have cars ?

tails
    Free Member

I don't have a car haven't passed my test but if i did I'd like fiesta, lexus something 2000?? dream ferrari dino or daytona.

paulosoxo
    Free Member

Fiat Multipla, cos they're ace 🙂

beej

Impreza WRX 5 door.

– Seats fold so I can put a bike or lots of stuff in back
    – 4wd for the odd muddy track at events/wet fields
    – Towbar for a bike rack
    – Reasonably quick, reasonable ride, pretty good handling
    – Plus I've fitted an integrated sat nav/dvd/mp3(USB stick)/hands free phone unit, so I can find bike events and I've got 8mb of music to entertain me on the way there.

Solid working car, I've not washed it for 2 years!

knottie8
    Free Member

Vauxhall astra est. Vauxhall because I work for them and get a car cheap(very cheap).

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Everyday car;

V70 4WD Turbo – Because it's effing fast, effing safe, handles well, is really comfy and has a simply massive boot. Perfect cyclists car.

robbo
    Free Member

Volvo XC70 because it says 'Cross Country' across the back (thats all!).

uplink
    Free Member

Company car – normally BMW 520d Tourer

But at the moment I've got a hired Toyota Land Cruiser Amazon to help get to some of the sites were currently doing

Mackem

Peugeot 205 diesel, cos it was cheap and previously owned by a friend who is a mechanic and runs very well. In the next 2 weeks i'm getting something brand new, not exactly sure what yet, something that lets me put my bike in the back without taking the wheels off though.

simonralli2
    Free Member

Vauxhall Meriva, 1.4

Bought it in June after writing off my fiesta
    I'm not a fast driver
    V practical car, and I need space not just for the bike but as I will be moving house and belongings a lot over the next couple of years
    Bought it from Vauxhall dealer second hand so it came with 1 year warranty
    I also have aspirations of having a family so seemed even more practical

racing_ralph
    Free Member

Mondeo estate tdci – fookin massive! Not too thirsty, and fun(Ish) to drive

ton

astra………… 😥
    cos mrs ton is only 5ft2''

ton

but i have a **** great big transit……….brrmm brrmmm… 😉

pomona
    Free Member

Isuzu Bighorn 3.2V6.

Because I like killing possums

julianwilson
    Free Member

1996 fiesta 5 door (the 'frowning' one)
    -because it was cheap off a mate and i knew it hadn't been driven or looked after daftly. Now looks a total shed! Just about to go round the clock. Hope to replace with a kombi (of the vw flavour) van around MOT time.

michaelbowden

Citroen C5 for the same resons as knottie8

scaredypants

P reg BMW 😳 523 saloon, automatic 😳 😳

I'd much rather have a manual estate, but the BMW bit doesn't worry me at all and it was so cheap it was virtually given to me

next car – MPV yawnwagon

john_drummer
    Free Member

Saab 9-3 Sportwagon diesel – just traded in a BMW 320d SE Tourer against this one

Plenty of boot space for my drums. Will also take bikes (I assume)
    Diesel because I do a 30 miles each way commute
    heated leather seats, sat nav & bluetooth phone thing because that's what came with the car
    cheaper to own than the BMW
    more boot space than the BMW
    supposed to be more economical than the BMW
    not a BMW (not that they're bad cars, they're very good)

better looking than a Vectra (with which it shares many mechanical bits)
    smaller than a Mondeo (which wouldn't have fitted on my drive)

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Skoda Octavia VRS hatchback

A – because I'm not a badge snob (any more) and I like not being a badge snob so drive a Skoda to prove it
    B – cos its fun to drive
    C – its surprisingly economical
    D – it has nice seats and a boss stereo that takes SD cards
    E – my bike fits in the boot.
    F – its will pull our caravan
    G – it has pimpy wheels

wombat

Ford Focus Hatch 2.0 Diesel
    Comfy, Handling's great, nice and quick, gets well over 50 mpg, major service is £200, costs under £300 to insure fully comp, can get 2 bikes in boot (seats down) or 4 on roof, big enough for family holidays.

Getting a bit bored with it and fancy a change but have had several test drives and am struggling to find similar performance/handling/economy for sensible money, need diesel as am doing 25-30k a year. (Focus is 3.5 yrs old and has 82k on it and I've had it from new)

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Luke – Point F. FAIL.

😉

aleigh
    Free Member

I have a Honda Civic (the normal one without the spoiler that *ahem* blocks your view out the back of the car…..a bloke definitely designed that 😯 )

It's very spacious both inside the car as well as the boot, it has handy things such as a cup holder, a foot rest and most importantly – it has the most logically placed gear stick! 😀

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

Boring avensis for missus to drive to work and for family trips, because it was cheapish second hand, reliable (hopefully) and has a big enough boot for pushchair, luggage and either bike or golf clubs.

Rough old transporter van for my general running about and bike duties.

l45key
    Free Member

Audi A4 Avant, fits 3 kids and looks fantastic!

🙂

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

[Shakes head] What is it with mountainbikers & cars, your aspirations are shite, not a single mention of a decent car 😉
    [/shakes head]

aleigh
    Free Member

My car is decent haha – did you not know?! 😉

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

Passat tdi PD130 – roomy, comfy motorway munching and fuel efficient. Oh and still doing well on 165,000 miles

Golf 2.0TDI GT – fast, fun, economical and a damn site more comfortable than the van it replaced.

Keef
    Free Member

1.Audi a6tdi quattro sport 7 seater avant- used to be mine,now belongs to us all (fammily car)big,fast,safe,economical for size.
    2.vw t25 twincab pickup,1.6td,can get 4 bikes in the back easily,seats 4,can carry 1/2 ton in back (has done several times)1987,looks well rat,but I love it,does 38mpg an all.
    3.vw t25 camper,1.6td,good for ,er ,camping,bike races (rack on back) sleeps 4,plus 4 more in the driveaway awning,again,38 mpg,again,love it to bits,great for taking the boys on 'boys only'camping trips !
    I like German cars,btw. 😉

Peregrine
    Free Member

I don't own a car – i choose not to as they all suck.

thegreatape
    Free Member

I also own a Vauxhall Zafira, very versatile, & we need two extra seats on occasion, so it suits us for pretty much every need except 'want'!

And a Fiesta.

FoxyChick
    Free Member

What a sad little thread…

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

FoxyChick – Member

I bet you have a Nissan Figaro or something….
    😉

hp_source

Fiat Panda 100hp

It's amazing fun to drive, fits a bike in the back (or on the roof), does OK mpg and it's got plenty toys for a small car.

Smee
    Free Member

I have a Toyota Yaris, because if I extended my manhood any further I would trip over all the time. 😉

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

FoxyChick – Member

If you say so, but I bet if you ask most people they would say that spending more than £100 on a bike is petty mad/sad, horses for courses etc 🙂

miaowing_kat
    Free Member

I drive a Toyota Yaris ('06) because it's Japanese, small (I'm a young and inexperienced driver), and I don't know anything about cars.

vinnyeh

Mazda Bongo aft cos it's big enough for the family and everything we travel with, but small enough to use as an everyday driver.
    Mazda 6 cos haven't really got round to selling it yet.

Moses

1. Nissan Micra, because
    It's cheap to insure for the kids.
    It was good for them to learn in
    It's a hoon to drive around town. great fun.
    It was better than all similar size cars

Iveco Daily campervan conversion. Cos campervans are cool, and this was a good one for starters, and cheap

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 226 total)

The topic ‘What car do you drive, and why?’ is closed to new replies.