Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • What can a school do about a dangerous driver?
  • bensales
    Free Member

My kids’ school has had kids stand out the front of the school in high-viz with camcorders before now. “Just doing a road safety project”.

I’ve found a football rolling into the road accidentally has quite an effect.

onehundredthidiot

That is genuinely genius. Encourage staff. Pta or parenywith enthusiastic kids to do that project. Call it “How safe is my journey to school”
    They could time how long it takes to walk, ride, drive front door to gate results will be surprising. My old school in Edinburgh did it from hillend to Stockbridge using various form of transport.

lardman
    Free Member

Picture of a school sign, drawn onto a tangerine, then shoved in his exhaust pipe when he stop outside the school.

He’ll make it about 20m down the road and then look like the tool he plainly is.

But THEN, own him with some bombers.

TheLittlestHobo
    Free Member

I know its insane but you could do a Colin Farrell from True Detective

singletrackmind

Ask the school to set up CCTV monitoring the road . If a suite of cameras captures his mad max driving stunts the plod can prosecute from that. Especialy if there are markers at known distances apart , so speed can be extrapolated from the data.
    Apply for 20mph limit 100mtrs either side of school.

politecameraaction
    Free Member

It is a police matter. Do you have a Safer Neighbourhood Team or equivalent?

mattsccm
    Free Member

Police with details. If you fancy a bit of vigilanty stuff use a fake facebook ID and pitch in on the (bound to be) school page or maybe the friends/PTA group. You may have an interactive link with school such as Seesaw as well.
    It’s really name and shame but maybe it might get through or at least to his kids/other half.
    Send him to Coventry in all respects and make sure he knows why.
    Good chance it doesn’t work but worth a try?
    If you have support maybe some confrontation or picketing of the pick up area.

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.