Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • What budget hydro discs?
  • aslongasithaswheels
    Free Member

need some new (more powerful) brakes for my 2003 (i think) Cinder Cone. Came with Shimano cable discs and have to say i’ve never been impressed, don’t really lock up too well (i like them to lock up or at least have that option on tap) and modulation aint that good either

any recomendations? 😀

Junkyard
    Free Member

how much do you want to pay?

cynic-al
    Free Member

Anything by shimano

teaandbiscuits
    Free Member

Anything by shimano

not any more 🙁

dobo
    Free Member

some cheap oem hayes hfx 9 on crc, i’ve got some hayes carbons which i much prefer over my avid 5’s

aslongasithaswheels
    Free Member

was looking at about £100 a set but i don’t know if that’s doable. got 6 bolt deore hubs with a Marzocchi MX up front

atlaz
    Free Member

Check Merlin. They usually have some sort of special deal and today you could get some Juicy 5’s (well you could if they hadn’t sold out) for 140 or some Shimano LX for just over 100.

zangolin
    Free Member
    PJay
    Free Member

I got 180mm/160mm 2008 Shimano LXs from Merlin for £105 which are great, I think though that they’ve upped the price of the 6-bolt rotor sets.

I’ve been really impressed with these brakes, my first hydros, as replacements for my 185/160mm BB7 setup.

steve_b77
    Free Member

Shimano Deore are pretty good and you can get the fully assembled pre bled kits to bolt straight on.

Also, again try Merlin, my mate got some damaged (small scratch on lever/master cylinder) Stroker Trails for £100

retro83
    Free Member

lx from merlin or deore.

BearBack
    Free Member

Magura Julie HP, £60 an end.

Otherwise, shimano or Avid, the only good thing about Hayes is that parts are easy to get wherever you are 😉

Wally

I have a complete set of juicy 3s £60 posted
    6 bolt.

Reluctant
    Free Member

Take Wally’s offer! That’s a proper bargain!
    Or if you gotta have new, another Shimano vote, even the budget Deore is a very good brake. good spares supply and easy to work on too.

Wally

Advert is in classified, search for wally for details.
    Condition is excellent.

Wally

brakes now sold.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘What budget hydro discs?’ is closed to new replies.