Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 48 total)
  • what bands still around would you queue to see?
  • ti_pin_man
    Free Member

from the prince thread..

what bands/artist still around, and still alive and possibly gigging, would you queue to see? assuming advance online tickets arent issued and the only option is to queue all day to get in.

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

Id queue for Prince in the rain…purple rain that is !

rOcKeTdOg

Green day, fab live show

johndoh
    Free Member

Depends how close they were gigging to where I live. If they were gigging next door, pretty much any band I like, but if it was a long drive away….

Hmmm…..

Probably Black Sabbath at a push.

jekkyl

Queen.

oh wait.

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

unfit, zoopla purple umbrella?

DezB
    Free Member

None!

(Unless it’s cos the door is a bit busy!)

johndoh
    Free Member

Cheating a bit, but the original Live Aid. I’d saw off my own left leg too.

Still gutted after all these years that I didn’t tell my work (part time chip shop job) to do one and just go.

seosamh77
    Free Member

none, if tickets aren’t available i’m not putting myself out! Queued up once for tickets to see U2 at the SECC when I was 14 from about 5 in the morning. 6 months later I’d gone off them before the gig and punted the tickets!

johndoh
    Free Member

I’d queue to give U2 tickets away… 😀

CountZero

Hmmm, fleetwood Mac, now that Ms McVie is back with them. saw them years ago, but Lindsay Buckingham had left, so seeing the classic line-up would cause me to queue.
    If I could afford the tickets…
    If Genesis reformed with Gabriel,and Hackett, then that would be a given.

tartanscarf

Prince
    Pixies
    Led Zeppelin (yeah, I know)
    Aphex Twin
    Stone Roses

xcgb
    Free Member

Cheating a bit, but the original Live Aid

I went! still have the porogamme

johndoh
    Free Member

I went! still have the porogamme

I hate you and all that you care for and love.

seosamh77
    Free Member

johndoh – Member
    I’d queue to give U2 tickets away…

Wouldn’t particularly thank you for one myself either these days, but that gig was the actung baby tour, so looing back I kinda wish I did go.

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

~I asked MrsTi_pin and she said jon bon jovi, if it was a propoer small gig… theres no accounting for taste. I then reminder her I saw him and Ritchie Sambora play at the Marquee, shes in a huff now.

johndoh
    Free Member

Nah, she’s upstairs, behind a locked door, reading the Yellow Pages and thinking of Jon, not you…

warton
    Free Member

Definitely Prince
    The Charlatans
    Underworld
    Springsteen
    Neil Young

grahamg
    Free Member

Tool. Only band I like that I’ve never managed to see or that I’m prepared to spend more than £20 for a ticket.

fatboyslo
    Free Member

Springsteen

Tom Petty

hot_fiat

Bob Mould
    Orbital
    Underworld
    The Charlatans
    Pearl Jam

youngrob

Mogwai, but I’ve got a ticket for 8th March so don’t have to queue.

scud
    Free Member

The Cat Empire – great live band.

Saw the band i have always wanted to see just before xmas, Queens of the Stone Age, at Wembley, was disappointed to be honest more in the sound quality and the fact that they had no TV screens for you to be able to see anything from near the back

DezB
    Free Member

The Cat Empire – great live band.

Pretty sure the queues will be quite orderly for that one 😉

footflaps

Off to see Magnum at Easter, my fave band.

terrahawk
    Free Member

Ben Folds Five – they were bloody fantastic live.

scruff
    Free Member

Pearl Jam & Kraftwerk.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Cheating a bit, but the original Live Aid. I’d saw off my own left leg too.

I went to live aid gig at Wembley too, I rode up to Wembley box office to buy tickets and didn’t have to queue for more than a couple of minutes.

It was a good show but no way worth sawing your leg off for, went to the Free Nelson Mandela gig as well, thought that was better. Live Aid is one of those things where the myth is way better than the reality.

johndoh
    Free Member

Live Aid is one of those things where the myth is way better than the reality.

Perhaps, but I have watched it several times since on DVD and love it. The thing is – it was a first, almost everyone of note at that time got involved.

I *did* see Boomtown Rats (after the single but before the gig) at York Uni. Geldof was in full-throttle ‘give us *&^%ing money you ^%$@&*^% mode.

😀

iolo
    Free Member

ACDC, Foo Fighters, Pearl Jam, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Lady Gaga

tazzymtb

Magnum….jeebus wept..have drunk memories of them on stage at one of the very many drunken nights at the bukley tiv..about 3 quid on the door.

for me it would be

fields of the neph (original line up)
    Slayer
    extreme noise terror (but thats not really queing…more slumping in a doorway with the crusties with cheap cider)

ads678

Coldplay*

*Armed with a crossbow 😈

I’d loved to have seen Queen, but Pearl Jam and Springsteen would be good. Although I like the Stone Roses, I’ve seen Ian Brown live and he really cannot sing so I reckon it’s spoil it for me I saw them live!!

johndoh
    Free Member

So I didn’t see Live Aid but I *DID* see Queen – Maine Road, Manchester, Status Quo supporting, Belouis Some opening. Smashing stuff.

inthehouse
    Free Member

Kasabian

xcgb
    Free Member

Off to see Magnum at Easter, my fave band.

I like them too but I doubt you will have to queue for too long!

johndoh
    Free Member

You might have to – they might sell out the 75 capacity venue…

tomtomthepipersson
    Free Member

tazzymtb – Member
    Magnum….jeebus wept..have drunk memories of them on stage at one of the very many drunken nights at the bukley tiv..about 3 quid on the door.

Oooh, I used to go there loads… in a similar state too. Magnum… Mordred…Love/Hate… The Quireboys… Thunder… that’s about all I can remember. It’s a pretty hazy period.

Back to the original question… Pearl Jam. QOTSA, Foos, Tool, APC, Faith No More, Orbital, Violent Femmes… there’s loads i’d gladly queue for.

vickypea
    Free Member

The Offspring!

gogg
    Free Member

The Who
    Led Zeppelin
    Nirvana
    Jimmy Hendrix Experience
    The Doors
    Sex Pistols
    Clash
    X-Factor Finalists

One of these I’m not serious about….

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘what bands still around would you queue to see?’ is closed to new replies.