• This topic has 74 replies, 55 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by feed.
Viewing 35 posts - 41 through 75 (of 75 total)
  • What are you (still) waiting for?
  • allanoleary
    Free Member

The invention of a really good decaf ground coffee that doesn’t cost as much as a bike

davosaurusrex

An electric Skoda. Was due in a few weeks but not built yet and no word of when it will be, global semiconductor shortage and all that. Still, got a perfectly nice company car to drive round in so I can wait. Other than that nothing. I’ve been about as unaffected by the whole covid thing as it’s been possible to be, so far.

frankconway

The next one; I missed out last time.

dpfr

Fancy Ti frame ordered in June 2018, deivered to LBS for building up in May 2020 (101 weeks lead time) just in time for the pandemic to screw everything. Still waiting for the fancy parts we’d decided on (and I have made a £ 3.5 k downpayment on). Vaguely hopeful of progress by Spring 2022 but not holding my breath so could easily be 4 years from order to first ride. I’m not really that fussed though since I have a decent bike and a spare, so iam still riding happily.

dudeofdoom

Oooh my Spanish Resedencia, I’ve been turned down a few times although my wife is fine, the latest issue is they refuse to accept the uk marriage certificate and its Spanish translation they asked for.

Apparently as its out of date being married for 15+ years and I may be divorced.

This was all applied for as soon as it could but nearly a year and they only started processing it a few months ago, and ooh my driving licence back would be handy.

It’ll all be fine and Ive got papers flying around from England and they can’t really deport me due to the withdrawl agreement.

They don’t seem to get Revolute(banking) and remote working atm although the Spanish & UK tax people do which makes it even more bizarre as I got a no tax code without any issue and will be paying Spanish tax next year.

Ambrose

Louise, she sounds like fun…

GlennQuagmire
    Free Member

Bonio to shut the **** up.

Ambrose

‘Bonio to shut the **** up.’

Bonio = Bono?

revs1972
    Free Member

Furlough to end , so people can get back to work and get some of this stuff out the door 😉

RustySpanner

A united Ireland.

Clean two stroke technology.

The introduction of the death penalty for littering.

The reintroduction of raisins in the Double Decker.

The reformation of The Beta Band.

ElShalimo

I’m not sure “a united Ireland” and “The Reformation” are likely

😉

CountZero

Hell to freeze over, for Satan to host the Winter Olympics.

CountZero

Bonio = Bono?

Yeah, it’s supposed to be a sarcastic play on his name; frankly it’s always struck me as childish name calling. Especially when he’s just trying to help people, in stark contrast to Van Morrison, Eric Clapton, Neil Oliver.

RustySpanner

So many failed heroes….

For Cinnamon Girl, with love.

tjagain

Im still waiting on my Shand I ordered over a month ago. Not due till oct tho and last seen as a pile of tubes in a box

ElShalimo

@tjagain – what colour did you choose?

They had a “hot pink” Stoater on Instagram yesterday that looked amazing (to me)

thols2

tjagain

@tjagain – what colour did you choose?

not 100% decided yet but I think dark burgundy metallic with all polished finishing kit

metalheart
    Free Member

I was waiting for a set of 150mm travel forks that I (pre-)ordered with my new frame back in, oh, November time I think.

But they finally got delivered on Thursday last week.

I did get they they are due end of April, May, end of May, start of July, end of July, no actually they’ve finally arrived telephone discussions.

Fortunately I had a set of 140’s off the old frame to tide me over in the meantime.

I’ll miss the regular catch ups with Paul at Cotic now though… 🤪

Now I’m just sitting around waiting to die, which is nice.

ads678

@stcolin

Motivation. Been waiting approx 2 years. Keeps getting delayed.

If you get some and have any spare can I call first dibs?

P-Jay
    Free Member

The other shoe to drop in work.

It’s almost distressing to listen to my colleagues laugh and joke about the “pita clients we never made any money from” leaving. Sadly I’m not from an IT background, I’ve burdened with a background banking and accountancy, with an education in Business and economics. We’re a service provider, our costs are almost all fixed and they’re 80%+ staff salaries. They seem to think that because these clients paid us a lot less than others per-head, by leaving they’ll made us more profitable, they’re kicking back and enjoying a 50% reduction in workload, I’m getting my accreditations in order and writing a CV, my first in 15 years.

I’m sure I’ve twisted this thread to get something off my chest, but it’s a bad day in my head today.

In more mundane news, I ordered some high-end Dell stuff with a 4 week delivery date 5 weeks ago, I’m told it might go into production soon and be dispatched (from Asia I guess) in 1 weeks time, it said the same 2 weeks ago before I headed off on Hols.

My SLX 12sp cassette needs 3 coats of lube to work, I’m told they’re expecting more stock in Sept, but that won’t be the end of the drought, I probably buy two, if and when they turn up. At least my back-up bike is hub geared.

white101

I got an email today from my aforementioned ‘fancy parasol supplier’ who announced…

Great news! Nothing’s changed! We are still on track to estimate your delivery on approx 28 August’

I mean, how many get out clauses can you fit in a sentence?

franksinatra

I still waiting for procrastination to be announced as an Olympic sport, my only hope of ever being an Olympian.

scotroutes

The new forum

tomhoward

I still waiting for procrastination to be announced as an Olympic sport, my only hope of ever being an Olympian.

I’ve just started calling myself an Olympic hopeful, people can take from that what they will.

ahsat

Thule Omnistar awning – though to be fair we were told we were looking at some point in the autumn. And a seat organiser for the van which I haven’t yet got a dispatch notification for an was really hoping would be here in time for our holiday!

oldmanmtb2
    Free Member

A day on my own…

mjsmke

Waiting to retire from working full time.

stanfree
    Free Member

12 speed XD Sram Cassette and chain , ordered in June . Scared to cancel it in case they finally get stock .

Northwind

14 month wait time for this but I think it’ll fly by

https://uk.hasbropulse.com/products/nerf-lmtd-aliens-m41-a-blaster

white101

A follow up to yesterday’s email saying great news nothings changed 28/8 estimated delivery to an email just now saying sorry an unexpected delay means it will now be estimated to possibly arrive by 9/9.

white101

Apologies for dragging up my own thread …..again

Delivery day on the new bike is tomorrow (I know! It’s so bloody exciting) I’ve logged onto the manufacturer website all day to check it’s still on and there were no changes, it’s all looking good.

Last check in was 4.30 just had a look now and I’ve been put back until 27th.

Man this is getting too much. Don’t tease me like this just say October and be done with, that way I will stop clearing out crap from the garage to make space for it and get on with doing something useful like riding my current bike. FFS pass me the wine

JollyGreenGiant
    Free Member

An 8 speed auto gearbox for my Mini so it can be fixed and I can drive it again.

MoreCashThanDash

They had a “hot pink” Stoater on Instagram yesterday that looked amazing (to me)

I saw that, and started regretting last years decision to go Ti.

So I guess I’m waiting on time travel

feed

My Orbea Oiz M10 TR ordered in October 2020 arrived on Friday so I guess that doesn’t qualify 🙂

Viewing 35 posts - 41 through 75 (of 75 total)

The topic ‘What are you (still) waiting for?’ is closed to new replies.