• This topic has 74 replies, 55 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by feed.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 75 total)
  • What are you (still) waiting for?
  • white101

As another email drops into my inbox beginning with the lines ‘we are really sorry but….’ I was wondering what else folks are still waiting for that they ordered and is currently as elusive in its delivery date as a Bojo promise?

Sure, the world has been upside down and global shortages are commonplace but nonetheless frustration is beginning to creep in with me now.

New bike ordered in April was due this Friday and now its next Friday, it was meant to be last Wednesday.

In the same week I ordered a fancy parasol thingy for the garden, originally due in early June its now due in late August. Should come in handy for the North East winter.

I bought a defib for a local junior football club, happened to be the week before Eriksson of Denmark had his arrest during the Euro football. Looks like I’ve joined a helluva queue now. It was available the following week and they were keen to know I would be home for the courier, now it has no delivery date at all just a weekly email full of apologies and global shortages.

All in thats £3.3k and the bike has only had a deposit down on it. I guess the parasol when it arrives won’t see that much use, but the defib I really wanted to get fitted on the clubhouse wall weeks ago. Looks like the bike has a chance of arriving for my birthday in late October.

So what are you waiting for and who’s been waiting the longest?

thols2

For the trails to come alive.

bruneep

Frame ordered in January from Germany. DHL managed cock up Germany side and now its landed in UK in the hands of Parcelfarce who seem to be top trumping DHL.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    nbt

a win on the premium bonds. 48 years so far…

jimmy748

2 fully built bikes ready to ride, and plenty of spares, unfortunately my elbow is currently held in place with lock wire, so I’m waiting on that to stick itself back together.

duncancallum

2x garage doors

fossy

Nothing. That’s cause I’ve ordered nowt !

maccruiskeen

Chipboard,

If I had a time machine I’d travel back in time one year, sell every asset I own, borrow every penny I can and spend it all on chipboard.

Fast forward one year and  price has quadrupled and the waiting times are ridiculous. If I announced just now I had chipboard, in bulk,  in stock, right now, I’d get trampled in the stampede  and then I’d retire.

I can practically see the factory from my house too – so its not a stuck-in-the-port / Suez Canal backlog thing. No idea why its harder to get than any other sheets and lumber (almost all of which are imported)

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

There’s a few odds and sods I’ve ordered for me, various degrees of inconvenient but work wise I’m waiting on about 750k of stock, currently my entire warehouse would probably fit in your garden shed.

Still I got the container full of fabrics I’ve been waiting for finally. Something about the boat being stuck so not making its original April date. Unfortunately my customer is no longer waiting.

stcolin
    Free Member

Motivation. Been waiting approx 2 years. Keeps getting delayed.

FB-ATB

forum upgrade?

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

World Peace and and end to hunger

but then Miss World always said she wanted that too so maybe she got it instead of me

tomhoward

Ordered Trickstuff brakes in March 2020. Expected delivery Dec 2020.
    Got an email in July 2020 to say they were scheduled for production in 58 weeks time.
    Asked in April 21 if they were on schedule, told to expect shipment in week 27-35 (we are currently in week 32)
    Sent a mail last week to see if they had a proper date.

‘Your order is currently scheduled for week 50 and 51, 2021’

No apology, no explanation, nothing.

(Tried to get some of the ltd edition in stock stealth ones a month or so ago, they sold out in 2 mins, less time than it took me to put my card details in to the order form)

13thfloormonk

(probably) my new custom frame.

Dodged a bullet with one (perfectly reputable) supplier when I realised they were importing from China and I happened to already know that particular factory was experiencing big delays.

Sourcing more locally now and they appear to have relatively good lead times but are more at the mercy of the Pingdemic as they are a small team.

Still, nobody orders custom because they want it quickly 😎

docrobster
    Free Member

…for post covid lethargy to lift…
    Got a brand new frame a few weeks ago- was in stock so 3 days from ordering to delivery. Built up with a smattering of new parts and some bits from another bike. All ready to ride but I’ve not got the energy to tie up the laces on my 5:10s…

sirromj

winning lottery ticket

Tracey

Italy lifting the 5 day isolation rules.

Singletrack Road trip T Shirt.

v7fmp

Still waiting on my warranty replacement Norco Optic frame. Case was opened in January. I am told its on its way to my local Evans store. So will be 8 months wait in two days time. Its been frustrating to say the least, as each month it was due, it would be delayed another month.

I wonder if there are any predications as when the world will return to ‘normal’ for the things we used to take for granted?

Kryton57

So what are you waiting for and who’s been waiting the longest?

Retirement, 49.5 years.

wordnumb
    Free Member

for the T at the end of Godot.

joepud
    Free Member

A couple of records that due to covid wont be pressed / relased until next year! I do sorta feel like covid isnt an excuse for delays any more. Work out a different process.

theotherjonv

my man.

I’ve got £18.80 waiting right here for him.

crazy-legs

winning lottery ticket

I had the “your ticket has won a prize!” email this morning.
    1 number plus 2 Lucky Stars on the EuroMillions. £3.90

🙄

Edit: it’d be nice if anywhere had 10sp MTB cassettes in stock as well.

luv2ride
    Free Member

SRAM Eagle GX 10-52 cassette and some Alpkit straps…

On the plus side, ordered some Thule roof bars and a new Thule Topride 200 bike carrier. Placed order yesterday, chose not to pay for next day delivery. Then got automated email stating how “demand for Thule products were at unprecedented levels, and that delays were likely…”

Was more than gobsmacked when they turned up at 9.30am this morning! Haven’t opened the box yet, so hope they’ve sent the correct ones…

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

wont be pressed / relased until next year! I do sorta feel like covid isnt an excuse for delays any more. Work out a different process

Most places have, the problem is we’re 18 months down the line from the source and 6-12 months ahead of you, so the different process adopted in July/August last year by for example, the oil platforms that pull up the raw materials for your records, are only just filtering through to the folks 7 months months up the line from me, because at every layer the process has to change which takes time and adds delay. On top of that we’ve all got back log, different issues and delays with different suppliers and so on. Some of those new processes require more physical space which needs building, new machinery which needs manufacturing and installing on a 36+ month lead time before everything went to poo and you were the only people ordering Bertha the big green machine this year not one of 12 because suddenly everyone needs one.

You’re not seeing the impact of covid on a lot of things yet, you’re seeing the impact of covid on shipping because those big boats full of gear all got delayed and carry 12 months of stock at a time. The production delays haven’t really filtered through yet in many cases.

On top of that you’ve got issues around the suez, trouble in hormuz (again) etc.

This is a long long way from being solved.

crazy-legs

You’re not seeing the impact of covid on a lot of things yet, you’re seeing the impact of covid on shipping because those big boats full of gear all got delayed and carry 12 months of stock at a time. The production delays haven’t really filtered through yet in many cases.

Hope are quoting lead times of up to 15 weeks on some parts because, in spite of them all being made in house, they still have to order in the raw materials for components and parts for the machines.

It’s the raw material delays that are the issue.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Hope are quoting lead times of up to 15 weeks on some parts

Alu is up 14% on last year, my lead times have gone from 6 weeks last year (during covid but the bauxite was already out of the ground) to 6 months and rising and being able to get my hands on the stuff is a gamble because, it turns out, closing Australia for 18 months and counting has taken 25% out of global supply (Australia normally produces around 35%)

Smudger666

There arent many copper bike parts, but lead times on copper sheet for the plumbing industry are out to over 12 months right now. I think things will get worse before they get better!

thepurist

Dusty trails – delivery was promised around the end of May but no sign of them yet.

And Gwen Steffani

nickjb
    Free Member

Still waiting for for some not too expensive 29er forks to turn up on the classifieds/eBay/Facebook. Got a build that feels like it’s been on hold forever

I was also waiting very patiently for the monthly bike jumble to start up again but that happened at the weekend and was great.

kelvin

New bike ordered in April was due this Friday and now its next Friday, it was meant to be last Wednesday.

If you do get it next Friday, you’ve been damn lucky… I was expecting this to be a moan about a bike ordered in 2020, was due in 2021 and now due in 2022.

SRAM Eagle GX 10-52 cassette

Uh… oh… = :87(

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

I think things will get worse before they get better!

Indeed, it’s the whole “no-one is safe until everyone’s safe” thing. The longer we in West prat about vaccinating 10 year olds so they can go on a foreign holiday instead of adults in the rest of the world where they “make” all our stuff this isn’t likely to go away.

stcolin
    Free Member

Yip, definitely going to get worse before it gets better. I work for manufacturer, and we are seeing more and more dates going in 2022 now. Raw Materials is the biggest issue. We have capacity, although we have had staffing issues at certain sites, but we are just so far behind it’s unreal. My day to day job is now just managing customers and giving them the bad news on deliveries.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

My day to day job is now just managing customers and giving them the bad news on deliveries

Indeed. There’s going to be a lot of companies don’t make it through this I think.

fasthaggis

A sunglasses holder

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

@fasthaggis What’s wrong with your nose?

FB-ATB

A resolution to the Merc gearbox saga.

phil5556

Alloy wheels for the van, ordered in June, should have been here by now, expected delivery end of September.

I’ve just cancelled.

ElShalimo

Me… to make my stupid mind up.

I want to replace my v1 Camino AL with a Fairlight Secan but Stoater’s are available sooner but cost more. Neither are local to me so I can’t have a look at them but they are very pretty. Mind you the new Cotic Escapades are here in December but the Faran is available in November. Arrgh!

Who’d have thought treating myself to a £2k steel gravel/hybrid/light tourer/bike thing would be so difficult?

mudder
    Free Member

SRAM ETAP HRD shifters the last component missing from my retirement gravel bike build. Ordered Feb, originally mid June now Jan 2022.

Used eBay parts now higher than RRP. I’m just going to wait it out now 😔

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 75 total)

The topic ‘What are you (still) waiting for?’ is closed to new replies.