Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • What a lovely evening 🙂
  • P-Jay
    Free Member

I know there’s a chance we’ll be thrown into the next  Ice Age before the weekend and it’s only mid-Feb…

But, left the office at 5:45ish, was still light (ish I suppose) and as I walked to the shop I felt a indescribable touch of spring about, maybe it was the birdsong because there’s no sign of leaves on the trees yet.

13c, no wind and light till nearly 6. She’s on her way 🌞

hugo
    Free Member

Depends on what part of the world you’re in!

Winter is lovely here.  It’s been 26-28deg during the day since the end of November!!!

Summer on the other hand…..

martymac

Local weather station reported 14.6c today, in fife.

ive seen entire summers when it didn’t get that warm ffs

lazlowoodbine
    Free Member

In Cornwall the Snowdrops are coming out, also seeing the first green shoots of the Daffodils and some other flowery things are sprouting. Wasn’t like it weekend before last. I worked in a polo shirt all day today and most of it was spent outdoors, lovely.

I always want the clock to stop at about April and stay like that all summer, I’d happily give up a few extra degrees for a fresh breeze and dry ground. June-August here is generally crap.

Houns

Snowdrops been out for 2 months here in the West Mids, that late for Cornwall! Dafs been in flower at least a couple of weeks.

2 weeks ago sat outside a pub eating my Sunday lunch….. Can we have some more proper Winter please

bikebouy
    Free Member

14C on the car temp in (partially) sunny Kernow, unless you were under the mist cloud over St Ives..

matt_outandabout

Yet driving home via Sma Glen tonight, much as the sun was lovely, the snow was all around……

cheers_drive

Spent 10 hors in the car today, hasn’t stopped raining. Was proper spring like yesterday though

IdleJon

Yes, snowdrops and daffs were spotted this afternoon as my daughters and I took advantage of the not-rain to ride down to Mumbles. Unfortunately, the vague promise of sunshine just behind the clouds meant that the zombified hordes filled every possible bike path with loose dogs, plastic toddlers bikes and teenagers staring at their phones. Still, the kids learned how to get passive-aggressive with their bells. 😀

theboatman
    Free Member

These were outside my garage in the White Peak yesterday and none of my girls have asked for a hot water bottle or to move house in 4 day’s. So i’m good it’s spring 😀

cranberry
    Free Member

I left work at 6 this evening, the first time I have walked out of the building into daylight for months and months – spring is on its way.

lazlowoodbine
    Free Member

mist cloud over St Ives..

As far as I know it was misty as from Bodmin up to Okehampton today, it never lifted..

I left work at 6 this evening, the first time I have walked out of the building into daylight for months and months – spring is on its way.

The first day of the year when I don’t need lights to drive/ride home is a turning point for me, love it.

darrenspink
    Free Member

Went out on the trails this afternoon and it really must be the pinnacle of slop and mud. I was actually sweating which must mean spring isn’t far around the corner. Good times soon ladies and gentlemen.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘What a lovely evening 🙂’ is closed to new replies.