Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • Wet,Dry or Silicone ?
  • TandemJeremy
    Free Member

whatever you use is probably gone within minutes

Putoline chain wax is not. Even in the worst conditions you get a hundred miles or more.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

SHIT SAUCE!!!! ive had confirmation that rock n roll have discontinued making the extreme lube 🙁 🙁 🙁 🙁 🙁

ive only just found this bloody stuff and its amazing, and now its not going to be available anymore….

seems like such a huge seller i cant understand?!?!? has there been a recent similar replacement by them??? its got to be one of their best sellers surely?

hilldodger
    Free Member

TandemJeremy – Member

Putoline chain wax is not. Even in the worst conditions you get a hundred miles or more.

So what do you do if you ride more than a few hundred hundred miles before you RTB, carry a gas stove for a relube 😆

bigjim

I used GT85 for years when I was at school, it is a light lube and is marketed as such by the manufacturers.

R.lepecha

Lidl chain lube.

Not sure what it actually consists of. But it lubes better than the finishline dry stuff I also have.

AlexSimon

I’ve just panic-bought another 2 tubs of RnR Extreme from ukbikestore. Couldn’t find the larger size anywhere.

I hope they come up with something to replace it.

I didn’t always use the extreme – maybe the gold is perfectly ok?

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

the gold is discontinued on CRC too 🙁

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

Thanks neninja,

I’ve just ordered two large bottles from Rutland (this avoids postage costs too) 🙂
    Don’t forget Quidco for an extra 5%

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

ecky-thumb – from what i can gather – those sorts of websites dont actually stock the item, and will try and order it in for you…problem is ukbikestore tried to do that for me today and silverfish have discontinued it, they havent got any, so chances are if rutland dont have stock (which im guessing they dont) then they will try and order from silverfish etc…

so gutting! ive only just discovered it about a month ago too, chain and cassette still look clean as even after the last 2 rides of utter utter muck…. 🙁

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Rutland are usualy pretty good.

Putoline chain wax ……….. Even in the worst conditions you get a hundred miles or more.

Naaa, I’ve stripped it off in <5miles in an XC race.

Better than anything else I’ve tried, but it’s not a mirracle.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

Not in stock at rutland….they claim a 2 week wait minimum…didn’t have the balls to tell them it had been discontinued!

Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘Wet,Dry or Silicone ?’ is closed to new replies.