Td F Stage 12 SPOILERS ETC

Home Forum Bike Forum Td F Stage 12 SPOILERS ETC

Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 140 total)
  • Td F Stage 12 SPOILERS ETC
  • Well done Voeckler. Straight to Sanchez to congratulate him too. Nice touch.

Tommy V is a great rider! Love to see the way he just keeps on trying! Chapeau!

bertie riding clean 😉

RealMan

1. VOECKLER Thomas 51h 54′ 44″
    2. SCHLECK Frank + 01′ 49″
    3. EVANS Cadel + 02′ 06″
    4. SCHLECK Andy + 02′ 17″
    5. BASSO Ivan + 03′ 16″
    6. CUNEGO Damiano + 03′ 22″
    7. CONTADOR Alberto + 04′ 00″
    8. SANCHEZ Samuel + 04′ 11″

Cav still in green 😀

Premier Icon crazy-legs
    Subscriber

No change in green or yellow. G didn’t actually lose *that* much time and he got the Combativity prize for his efforts.

Premier Icon portlyone
    Subscriber

What is the combativity prize? Who votes for it?

Premier Icon crazy-legs
    Subscriber

Combativity prize is the prize for the most aggressive/attacking rider. It’s a few hundred euros and you wear a pretty red number for the next stage.
    Voted for by the race judges/Commissaires.

RealMan

For people who attack lots and get into breakaways etc. Basically the hardest rider of the day. Judges/referee I guess.

I wish the Schlekcs would spend LESS tiem looking over their bleeding shoulders, I really hope they don’t win, they are pathetic and wet (especially Andy). Ok to be fair Frank put in a good attack but only because his piddly wet brother “was feeling a bit poorl woo” …. argh! Cadel to win, definately not Contador or the Schlecks!

RealMan

I wish the Schlekcs would spend LESS tiem looking over their bleeding shoulders, I really hope they don’t win, they are pathetic and wet (especially Andy). Ok to be fair Frank put in a good attack but only because his piddly wet brother “was feeling a bit poorl woo” …. argh!

😕

Hushovds.. mmmm…

look at the stem! slammed

radoggair

Schleckts brothers played that out perfectly TBH. They knew that only way for Contador to beat them would to gun it with about 5 or 6 km to go. When that didn’t happen they knew Contador didn’t have it (today). They quite clearly discussed this and chose the 1 attack, let Contador chase then the other attack tactics. Worked out perfectly. They know in the long run Cadel will not challenge in the mountains. They may keep an eye on Basso but Tommy will not be in Yellow by next week.

There doing not only a fantastic team game but also plan on winning the tour. The only difference being was that when Frank went away he didn’t pile on the speed like i think Andy will.
    Great stage today, Leopard Trek doing an amzing job at botom of Tourmalet, Gerant hustling really well and Europcar doing well protecting Tommy.
    Biggest problem being Radioshak falling apart (liepheimer was poor although i would love to see him attack on a climb instead of just following the leaders) and Contador’s Saxo Bank being absent. With this team he’ll surely not win the Tour

Stuey01

Don’t right off Evans. He won’t blow the schlecks away in the mountains, but he is in great form and if he can hang in there close to them then he will take serious time out of them in the TT.
    He’s very much a factor in this tour.

Indeed. If the Whining Wheelsucker (TM) can’t win this years Tour, he’ll never win one. In great form, as mentioned above.

I love Cadel Evans, someone kick his dog and get him all squeaky

Is it normal for the bus to have 80 odd riders in it?

anagallis_arvensis – Member
    I love Cadel Evans, someone kick his dog and get him all squeaky

😆

Edric 64

I think bertie wont be that good tbh as I dont think he expected to be here and will be tired from the Giro
    Has anyone won both in the same year in the modern era?

Stephen Roche won the Tour the Giro and the Worlds in 87

which reminds me roche junior is doing very well

Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 140 total)

The topic ‘Td F Stage 12 SPOILERS ETC’ is closed to new replies.