• This topic has 93 replies, 40 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by Klunk.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 94 total)
  • Westworld Season 2….
  • bikebouy
    Free Member

Looking forward to this, the last series had us all chatting about each episode and potential outcomes. I hope we can replicate the interest.

On  SkyAtlantic 22/04/18

Official trailer ..

https://youtu.be/sjVqDg32_8s

TheDTs
    Free Member

Keen. Don’t have sky Atlantic though.

Any suggestions?

myti
    Free Member

Steal it off the Internet?

funkmasterp

Now TV for a couple of months? That’s what I’ll be doing.

Drac

Now TV.

Might have to check out what offers they have on.

Oooh!

You’re paying just £2.66 a month for 3 months. After your offer ends, you’ll pay £2.66 a month.

That’ll do me.

jonba
    Free Member

Is the music Heart shaped box?

bikebouy
    Free Member

Spoilers already ?

I’m both impressed and disappointed 🤠

farquaad
    Free Member

Can’t wait.. in fact I think I’ll take myself off to youtube to watch the paint it black scene again for the twelfth time.

windyg
    Free Member

Is the music Heart shaped box?

Yep it is

Pigface
    Free Member

I lost my way with the first series, it all got very confusing, just saw a trailer for season 2 and it looks very intriguing.

……and The Bridge season 4 is coming soon

bikebouy
    Free Member

Bump (and I’ll do it again tomorrow) because..

It starts tomorrow night 👻🤖🤖🤖🤖

Drac

It’s a day later in the UK.

AdamT

Series 1 was filmed just up the road from Moab. I didn’t spot any cyclists in the background though.

hodgynd
    Free Member

Only watched about 3 episodes of the first series before I got bored with it ..

I’m guessing that it must have bombed as they have been plugging the second series to death on Sky ..and also had to make a programme as to the “story so far”

Not for me …

Drac

Guess again.

legend
    Free Member

Yeah it’s like that “Game Of Thrones” they always plug too, must’ve done really shit

hols2
    Free Member

I’m guessing that it must have bombed as they have been plugging the second series to death on Sky ..and also had to make a programme as to the “story so far”

Yeah, that’s pretty incriminating. Guess I won’t bother with S2 then.

BobaFatt
    Free Member

I watched with the wife when season 1 came out, we got bored by episode 5. I went back to it a couple of weeks ago and managed 2 more episodes, but I found myself checking my phone too regularly.

For me, and it’s just my opinion, they’ve taken a good idea and they’re trying to stretch it to a multi season format. Kind of like what they’ve done with Walking Dead. Far too plodding for the sake of one major reveal and twatting characters randomly just to keep things fresh.

I love the Yul Brynner film for that 70’s, pre Star Wars dystopian hell scape, feeling you got from that time in films, I just wish they could breath fresh life in to things rather than just trying to make Game of Thrones clones

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Very much enjoyed season 1 and looking forward to this one, the contrast between the fast paced series and the slow burners is interesting, it’s almost as if you have to invest the time and effort to be rewarded.

hodgynd
    Free Member

Do what you want ..Im only offering an opinion ..or is the thread only for those who say how brilliant they thought it was ..

Any viewing figures to back up your claim then Drac ..or is it just you being antagonistic as usual 😁

Btw ..you can’t mention this in the same breath as GOT ..that is brilliant !

Drac

Any viewing figures to back up your claim then Drac ..or is it just you being antagonistic as usual

Errrr! You’re the one who made the claim that it had failed, not sure how me pointing out it hadn’t was me being antagonistic.

To humour you though.

‘Westworld’ Finale Hits Season High, Caps Most Watched First Season Of HBO Series

With an average of 12 million viewers across all platforms, Westworld now ranks as the most-watched first season of an HBO original series ever.

Yeah a failure.

hodgynd
    Free Member

Drac…That’s old news / data ..from December 2016..

The viewing figures aren’t that impressive to be honest for a worldwide audience ..and pale into insignificance when compared to Game Of Thrones which attracted over 31million viewers for each episode in series 7 .

That’s another HBO series by the way ..so in relative terms ..yeah it flopped !

Drac

Drac…That’s old news / data ..from December 2016..

FFS! 😂

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Yeah, don’t worry yourself with season 2….

I’m sure the rest of us will enjoy it

hodgynd
    Free Member

Good lad ..Im pleased for you 😁😉

martinhutch

Comparing season 7 of a successful franchise with season 1 of another doesn’t really tell you much. Prepare for graphage!

US GOT viewing figures by season. WW was averaging around 2 mill per episode by the end of its season 1 run.

I’m looking forward to it, anyhow.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Tomorrow night, 9pm on Sky Atlantic.

I really am quite excited.

Drac

Yup looking forward to it too.

Torminalis
    Free Member

With WW and The Expanse both starting in April, this is by far the best time of year for Sci Fi on the TV. Love it.

CountZero

Btw ..you can’t mention this in the same breath as GOT ..that is brilliant !

Yeah, watched four or five episodes, got bored, pretty much standard swords & sorcery fantasy, nothing has encouraged me to want to go back to it. Westworld, on the other hand…

hodgynd
    Free Member

😁..like I said earlier I’m really not **** in bothered what you watch ..I was offering an opinion and hadn’t realised it was a closed door love- in 😚

papamountain
    Free Member

Actually first showing 2am tonight… in 8 minutes 🙂

bikebouy
    Free Member

The nice thing about Westworld Season 1 was waiting each week for the next episode. It was part anticipation and excitement but also the storyline had time to settle during the week.

So, if we are to post spoilers can we at least change/modify the title please.. thanks.

FuzzyWuzzy

I was offering an opinion and hadn’t realised it was a closed door love- in

I think it was more your bizarre link to a lot of plugging meaning it must be a failed show, ofc such idiocy compels us bored middle-aged IT folk to take you to task on it… :p

As for Westworld, really enjoyed it, yes a few plodding episodes but they were building up the backstory and necessary so the viewer had context for some of the things happenings, unlike with The Walking Dead where it seems they have less episode ideas than episodes they’re contracted for.

The catch-up programme on at the moment is worth a view to, I didn’t realise how much I’d forgotten (or not realised) from the first season.

martinhutch

The Walking Dead is now nominative determinism at its best. Like the zombies, there is no scientific explanation as to how it is still staggering along. The entire last series was lots of people firing automatic weapons non-stop and the finale was utterly laughable. I think my patience with it has finally run out.

scud
    Free Member

I get that with the Walking Dead, i am sure i’ve been watching the last series purely because i feel i have invested so many hours in it, i should see it through to the end, but it just looks like the budget was cut to a third and they are making it whilst staying in a caravan and eating cheese sandwiches budget wise.

perchypanther
    Free Member

I feel a bit funny when Dolores gallops her horse.

That is all.

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

I thought Season 1 was quite self contained. Most questions were answered by the end. (Unlike something like Lost for instance)

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

I watched with the wife when season 1 came out, we got bored by episode 5

I’ve not seen “with the wife”.

Was it Sky or BBC?

I’m not sure about Westworld S2. I think Horatio has it, S1 was self contained. There must be a huge temptation on the writers part to revert to human-annihiliation-by-androids to make up the episodes… The thing that made S1 so good was that it was a puzzle box of a mystery wrapped inside a conundrum, and it completely avoided SF-by-numbers.

I’ll watch it, obvs.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 94 total)

The topic ‘Westworld Season 2….’ is closed to new replies.