• This topic has 93 replies, 40 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by Klunk.
Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 94 total)
  • Westworld Season 2….
  • mindmap3
    Free Member

I’m looking forward to it.

I found it a bit of a slow burn – at first I wasn’t really fussed, but stcuk with it and and was pretty much hooked by the end.

bikebouy
    Free Member

😳 oh, Evil ..

bikebouy
    Free Member

That was awesome, double storyline for Bernard ?

Very clever..

And now on Sky Atlantic we have a panel of fans in discussion about it 🤣🤯

FuzzyWuzzy

Great first episode, although I think my head is spinning as much as Bernaaaard’s

swavis

Well that was some season opener! Great stuff!! 😀

bikebouy
    Free Member

That Fan “blog” with Lauren was rubbish.. Don’t bother, all they did was re-scene a couple of snippets and Jonathon Ross blabbered all over it.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Enjoyed Ep1 there, lots of questions and happy to let them burn slowly, knowingly being in 2 time streams feels nearly as good as not knowing from S1

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

‘sup, Westies

So the titles, anything in them?

Last season, building the hosts, this season, host with baby.

Last season, what it means to be conscious, this season, what it means to make and destroy other conscious life?

I’m hoping the Delores rampage storyline isn’t as obvious as simply “human annihilation”.

Bernard’s story is shaping up nicely.

I’ll take odds on Maeve finding her daughter, but daughter is a completely different character, not conscious, and doesn’t recognise her.

Loving the piano roll choice this week.

And what’s with Bernard’s dream discussion with Dolores at the start? Did he make the sea or did he just dream it?

Rockape63
    Free Member

Only watched about 3 episodes of the first series before I got bored with it ..

I’m guessing that it must have bombed as they have been plugging the second series to death on Sky ..and also had to make a programme as to the “story so far”

im with Hogy I’m afraid, tried watching it but nothing ever happened!  Gave up after about five episodes. I’m still waiting for something half as gripping as Breaking Bad or GOT’s……nothing so far has come close! 😕

legend
    Free Member

So we now know there are, at least, 6 worlds. That should be enough for a few more series

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

Number of worlds really is the last thing limiting how many series this thing is good for.

mooman
    Free Member

I guess I am in the minority then; I found first episode to be seriously lacking … no real surprises, just a pretty uneventful more of the same type thing.

felt a bit ‘Walking Dead’ in that it was just more of the same …

legend
    Free Member

You really saw Floki turning up?! Viking world should be a good un!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Or setup as we call it? We have established a new timeline in the future some events that need to happen in the current time line, added motivations introduced the army lot and landed somewhere else, apart from that yeah nothing happened and more of the same…Oh and some of the hosts have the safety’s off

scotroutes

Was I the only one that found some of the dialogue hard to follow on account of the background music?

bikebouy
    Free Member

I like the new areas of the “park” seems no one knows about them.. which leads to loads of avenues of storylines..

legend
    Free Member

Nope, I figured it was just me but I found the sound mixing crap on a few occasions

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Enjoying it so far, have found Baron Hats who made the hat for Man in the Black Hat.

Mrs M is quietly removing the credit cards from my wallet as I type..

swavis

Surprised this hasn’t been commented upon since last night…

Great episode and nice to see a returning character, I wondered where she’d gone.

I’ve given up trying to figure out all of Bernard’s timelines though, the poor wife who didn’t watch season 1 completely is completely baffled 😆

FuzzyWuzzy

I’ve watched every episode so far and am now just getting more confused. I’ve not only lost track of who’s who but also when’s when 😛 I need to find a fan site that breaks stuff down without giving spoilers/speculation – any ideas?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Enjoying it, happy to let it all wash over me at the moment I remember how the first series just started to fall into place as it got going

Tiger6791

It’s gone a bit LOST and I can see me giving up with it soon if it doesn’t start to make sense

tenfoot

Fuzzy Wuzzy – have you tried watching West Word, on after the main show?

They usually run through the episode just shown and throw some light on it.

FuzzyWuzzy

Not watched that yet, will give it a go

tthew

Well, I think the fact that this thread hasn’t been updated in a month pretty much sums up the ambivalence to the end of the series that I feel. Series 1 thread went to 10 pages at least.

I really wanted to like it, but eventually all the time shifting story lines got too bloody confusing.

I think I’ll be satisfied that many of the host’s consciousness’s escaped, the bodies were only vessels for them after all, and Delores physically managed to get out. Shame Meave didn’t manage the same, (unless the 2 surviving techie blokes fix her up) but Aahm Oot for series 3.

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

yeah, I gave up a couple of episodes in. Series 2 seemed confusing for no good reason. Like Memento without the amnesia justifcation.

fooman

I liked it but even as a fan I found it hard to follow in a ‘I saw them shot now they are walking around’ kind of way. What was a nice device in series 1 became an overused gimmick in series 2, and would put off a casual viewer. I thought the story arc was good though I liked the ‘I’m only responsible for hosts in the park’ speech as Delores left. S3 might feature self repairing hosts (at Bernards facility) effectively becoming immortal, then we’ll be in trouble.

footflaps

I liked the ‘I’m only responsible for hosts in the park’ speech as Delores left.

Yep, did wonder how he knew (I assume he did guess).

but eventually all the time shifting story lines got too bloody confusing.

Yep, will take many viewings to put together Bernard’s timeline…

tenfoot

I enjoyed it , but as you say it was hard to follow. Being a bit of a thicky, it was useful to have the West Word programme on after.

BoardinBob

I’m assuming everyone watched right to the end of the credits in the last episode????

I’m confused as hell about what was going on there (and when it was going on)

tenfoot

Yep. I assumed they had been rebooting Ed Harris like they had with Delos

bikebouy
    Free Member

It was certainly draggy. In S1 we had a few story streams to follow, that was just about right. You don’t want to confuse the viewer do you, you just want to engage them enough to get them to turn on/in for the next episode.

S2 was complicated. The writers went too far down the multi channel storytelling that the viewer lost track of what timeline and character they were following.

Bernards multiple streams became conflicting, yes to some degree that’s what makes a humans conscience up. But watching following scenes flick from beach to glass box then wandering around with Ford to then have him return into the park somewhere just edged out the “what next, eh? what’s going on?l” and became a replay button press for me just so I could follow.

The only “ohhh” was watching William shoot his daughter and then wonder if she was a human or not, and also the sequence of scenes where he was digging around in his arm for one of those isdn leads to see if he was human or a droid…. then to see a copy of William in a glass box just sitting like he was actually a droid…. which made me think was he human or just another droid all along…

But it was a complex series. I felt less for Delores and her quest this time around. Teddy and her story just became too dragged out and overplayed. In nearly every scene of theirs they pretty much constantly looked at each other and uttered the same words/narrative to punch home once more thier ultimate quest… and we all knew what that was from the opening scene in S2.

Not enough was made out of those two guys that used to fix up the droids, where was the moral conflict or intellectual questioning ? All they seemed to do was give in to the droids and follow them like sheep.. no fighting back, nothing.

Annnnd, yes so finally the storyline had to turn back to humans finding the key to the code and have the ability to change the droids narrative.. but that was too easy….

S3? Yes I’ll watch it. But I hope like a second album from an artist first massive success that the third becomes more mature and challenging.

jimdubleyou

I did wonder how William could keep getting shot one week, then wander around like nothing happened. Should have spotted it earlier.

hols2
    Free Member

Bit like Game of Thrones for me. Some really great scenes, especially the episode about the Ghost Nation, but just too confused overall. The season was structured around preventing the audience from knowing what was going on so that the plot twists could be revealed in the finale. I’ll definitely watch S3 because there are so many great scenes and performances, but it’s ultimately fairly shallow.

Edit: Bit of explanation about the post-credits scene here

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2018/06/westworld-finale-is-william-a-host-end-of-credits-explainer-time-jump

I’m surprised there has’t been an Americans thread. That series just finished up with a stunning finale. Up there with Sopranos, Breaking Bad, Deadwood, and The Wire in my list of best tv shows ever.

fooman

Edit: Bit of explanation about the post-credits scene here

Well I’ve read it and now I’m questioning the nature of my reality.

tthew

Ghost Nation and Shogun World were my favourite episodes, again not necessarily a good thing for the series overall.

The season was structured around preventing the audience from knowing what was going on so that the plot twists could be revealed in the finale..

Problem is, they really weren’t, or at least not to me and I’m usually pretty good at getting the ‘A-ha, it all makes sense now!’ conclusion,

footflaps

then to see a copy of William in a glass box just sitting like he was actually a droid

That was in the virtual world of The Forge though….

bikebouy
    Free Member

The Yeah, but kinda took away the “is he, isn’t he” questioning.

The writers say he became a hybrid, but that’s difficult to both imagine and be practical.

So in one sense I sort dismissed the glass box William as a clone, one used for other scenes in other parts of the park when the guests could see multiple “man in Black” characters to invade/infiltrate their storylines.

martinhutch

Definitely a difficult second album, some excellent episodes – Ghost Nation, as mentioned – but overall the narrative was weak, with gimmicks like Shogun World being wasted, lasting an episode or so and then disappearing completely.

There are too few characters you actually sympathise with – in series one you cared about Dolores, William, Maeve, Bernard – but they made most of them into unsympathetic bad-asses, and this time around you have Maeve (a little), Teddy (who was then literally bad-assersized at the touch of a button), and some bit-parters like the scriptwriting bloke, the fixer-upper blokes, William’s daughter, and Ghost Nation bloke who was the subject of one episode.

Also the ‘quests’  for the main groups were rather dull, and the cutting between them was reminiscent of the series of The Walking Dead which consisted entirely of the main characters walking along different parts of a railway line.

The puzzles and hidden meanings are starting to feel like ‘Lost’ as well, and that disappeared up its own arse fairly swiftly.

I’m surprised there has’t been an Americans thread. That series just finished up with a stunning finale.

Yes the ending was great, but I can’t escape the feeling that it should have built up this finale a few seasons earlier. I lost a bit of interest when every episode seemed to be one of the main characters seducing someone wearing a ridiculous wig.

jimdubleyou

I’m surprised there has’t been an Americans thread. That series just finished up with a stunning finale

I wouldn’t be reading if there was, only seasons 1-5 are on Amazon Prime so far and I’ve only watched up to S4…

That said, it’s been brilliant so far.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 94 total)

The topic ‘Westworld Season 2….’ is closed to new replies.