• This topic has 42 replies, 23 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by headsup-spam.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)
  • Welsh Ride Thing!!??
  • cardiff
    Free Member

Just wondered if anyone had an update on when entry for the Welsh Ride thing is meant to open, heard about it from last year and a group of us want to enter (one of mate mates is having a baby end of June so its a last lads weekend away!)

Just don’t want to miss the boat!

Cheers

cardiff
    Free Member

bump for the evening!

RestlessNative
    Free Member

yeah I check most days to see if the entries are open!

stills8tannorm
    Free Member

Don’t panic chaps. Actually, I’m just writing some stuff for entries as we speak … entries will open on Jan 31st!

RestlessNative
    Free Member

great cheers

do many people enter solo? coz i cant talk anyone else into doing it 🙁

cardiff
    Free Member

Brilliant, cheers! I will eagerly await the 31st of January to sign up! Stupidly excited about getting involved in this!

Blackhound

People ride solo or in pairs small groups. Whatever you want.

RestlessNative
    Free Member

“Stupidly excited about getting involved in this!”

same here, I have already driven the Mrs mad with 2 months of deciding what gear I am taking and bikepackifying my inbred

andrewy

I’m looking forward to this too. I’ve not done it before but really want to give it a go. An army mate has even given me an old bivi bag and tarp, and they haven’t even got any bullet holes so I’ve got no excuse not to have a go 😀

Rik
    Free Member

What’s the date this year? (with the change in bank holiday dates)

Rik
    Free Member

God damn it !! I’m on holiday with the wife again!!

cardiff
    Free Member

same here, I have already driven the Mrs mad with 2 months of deciding what gear I am taking and bikepackifying my inbred

Yes! I’m looking forward to firguring out what gear I need, great excuse to get some new kit!!

Nick

Heres’s a link to my kit list from last year, for some reason I never got around to finishing up my write-up of the event, might try and do that soon.

http://iwillbebacksoon.blogspot.com/2011/05/welsh-ride-thing-2011-pt1-kit-list.html

Will probably take similar kit, maybe some nicer food, less weight on my back (as long as I get around to making a frame bag for my new bike).

It’s the route planning that I like, then the debate on the various merits of bits of trail and looking out for snippets of local knowledge that lead somewhere you would have missed otherwise 🙂

RestlessNative
    Free Member

think I have all my gear and carrying system sorted

…just need to learn to read maps now

ton

i am hoping to be well enough to enter this, fingers crossed.
    couple of mates are interested too. our route will be planned around local hostelries………. 😀

stills8tannorm
    Free Member

i am hoping to be well enough to enter this

Be great to have you along Tony 😉

andrewy

It’s open, I’ve just entered and now I’m off to get the kitchen scales out 😀

RestlessNative
    Free Member

yep I’m in!!!!!!!! queue 4 months of excitment and planning 🙂

pedalhead
    Free Member

I’m signed up too 🙂

RestlessNative
    Free Member

might go for a test bivi at the weekend now

maxray
    Free Member

Signed up! 😀

Will be my first bivvy so when you see me floundering in a foil emergency blanket as you go towards a checkpoint do say hello 😉

Seriously though, will be needing some pointers on a budget bivvy kit after I have read the 25 page bivvy thread!

SOOO excited.

Nick

Yep, signed up for my 3rd WRT.

Maxray, plenty of advice on the Bear Bones forum, but your first stop should probably be Alpkit for a bivvy bag, sleeping mat and tarp. Plus a couple of dry bags.

maxray
    Free Member

Yeah, signed up to the Bear Bones forum last night and began my research/investigation. 🙂

pistonbroke
    Free Member

I’m in for the 3rd time as well. Any chance of making it a challenge this year Stu 😉 What about 1st CP on top of the Long Mynd seeing as we’ll be going East.

Nick

Yeah, we can all bivi down in Pole “cottage” 🙂

slugwash
    Free Member

Whoops! I seem to have accidently entered this event, and booked a week off work around it to trawl around Snowdonia and one or two Welsh trail centres 😉

cardiff
    Free Member

I am either being stupid or it may be my works computer but I can’t actually see where I click to enter!??

Tiger6791

Have entered, could not make it last year soam really looking forward to it

cheeezzy24
    Free Member

For anyone that is thinking of entering, IT’S HARD BUT YOU WILL ENJOY IT. Its an awesome weekend. This was last years epic!

Nick

It’s only as hard as you make it

stills8tannorm
    Free Member

Someone asked me if the pubs in mid Wales were all theme pubs (I think the theme might be ‘Wales 1972’) … that picture suggests it may be true 😉

Great “mirror” picture cheeezzy24

cardiff
    Free Member

I’m in think theres three of us! Loving those photos, fingers crossed for cracking weather this year though!

99percentchimp
    Free Member

slugwash – Member
    Whoops! I seem to have accidently entered this event, and booked a week off work around it to trawl around Snowdonia and one or two Welsh trail centres

Drop me a line if you’re up in the area Rich – be happy to catch up for a day out before the main event! Good to see you briefly at MnB – thought I’d see you again but different routes and bivvys on that one. 🙂

crispedwheel
    Free Member

Yep, just signed up – 2nd year for me. Looking forward to it.

flashes
    Free Member

drat holiday…………

Mattie_H
    Free Member

I’m in: keeping crispedwheel smiling and stopping pedalhead riding too quickly.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘Welsh Ride Thing!!??’ is closed to new replies.