Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • We’ll all be riding these one day
  • easily
    Free Member

Hubless e-bikes:

https://reevobikes.com/

I’m trying to work out if I can convert my 2×11 commuter to hubless. It’s not going to be easy.

DezB
    Free Member

Ugh! The return of the Cylclotron?!

thols2

I was expecting to see this:

codybrennan
    Free Member

“A century’s-worth of padlocked walk-in freezers, fifty vacuum cleaners charging themselves at a row of numbered stations, rolls of broadloom stacked like logs. More people in work clothes, some in kitchen whites, but she’s trying for tag-pulling attitude and looks, she hopes, like she’s making a delivery.

She finds a narrow stairway and climbs. The air is hot and dead. Motion-sensors click the lights for her at the start of each flight. She feels the whole weight of this old building pressing down on her.

But her bike is there, on B-1, behind a column of nicked concrete.

‘Back off,’ it says when she’s five feet away. Not loud, like a car, but it sounds like it means it.

Under its coat of spray-on imitation rust and an artful bandaging of silver duct-tape, the geometry of the paper-cored, carbonwrapped frame makes Chevette’s thighs tremble. She slips her left hand through the recognition-loop behind the seat. There’s a little double zik as the particle-brakes let go, then she’s up and on it.

It’s never felt better, as she pumps up the oil-stained ramp and out of there”

William Gibson, Virtual Light

tjagain

Great quote.

dyna-ti

Patent pending on the wheels seems a bit much given they arent responsible for introducing the technology or design.

cookeaa

We’ll all be riding these one day

Of course we will…

rockandrollmark

Not in the U.K. anytime between Sept and April with that tyre clearance.

Kuco

I thought it was going to be one of those hover chairs from Wall.E

martymac

Hubless wheels. Can they be done? Yep.
    Should they be done? Hell no.

jimfrandisco
    Free Member

Sweep stake on how long before the go-fund scheme vanishes?
    All mock-ups and CGI, it’s never going to happen or at least of it does I’m pretty sure half that tech, including the wheels won’t be there.

zippykona

The bike of the future has rim brakes?

kayak23

No Hope hub buzz. I’m out.

nickc

William Gibson, Virtual Light

What a terrible book that is, especially the stupid bike she rides. But not as stupid as the car that has a fax machine.

RustyNissanPrairie

Cyclotron Kickstarter rip off scam#2? https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1989795590/the-cyclotron-bike-revolutionary-spokeless-smart-c

(Scroll down for the comments section)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘We’ll all be riding these one day’ is closed to new replies.