Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 48 total)
  • Weight Loss
  • geetee1972
    Free Member

Just because I was curious but looking back to over a year ago at this thread:

How much weight can I really lose?

Weighed myself this morning and I’m 81.5kg. 😀

I’m just happier is all.

johndoh
    Free Member

Good one.

I was 76kg 7 weeks ago, now I am 72kg – just three 1 hour sessions each week spinning at around 190/200 watts on the exercise bike at the gym seems to have nailed it.

I am getting a bit addicted though…

Edukator
    Free Member

Congratulations. I note you’ve done it by limiting calorie intake which is a lesson for all the idiet fans who are still overweight because they think that some calories don’t make you fat but others do. Maybe now they’ll follow your example.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Nice one, I’ve tried a few things, the GP even gave me pills to take to help – I’ve got something ‘wrong’ with my liver I’m told, it reabsorbs fat less well then average or sometime – anyway, 2 full years chipping away at 1-2kgs a month, took it ‘old school’ with a basic calorie counter (I use MyFitnessPal app) and I’ve losing 1Kgs a week now, I’ll be where I want to be about Xmas time.

jambalaya
    Free Member

I’m 79 vs 76 6 months ago, not rocket science just crisps and chocolate !

zilog6128

Great work!

I note you’ve done it by limiting calorie intake which is a lesson for all the idiet fans

I always interpreted the idiet as being calorie-restrictive even though you don’t explicitly count calories. If you follow it to the letter I don’t really see how it couldn’t result in a calorie defect.

toby1

Scrawny bas**rd! 🙂

johndoh
    Free Member

Bear in mind I am only 4′ 3”.

😀

ton

I have dropped 7lbs in 2 week after I started to stray/creep up again.

idiet rocks………. 8)

geetee1972
    Free Member

Thanks for the positive reinforcement. Greatly appreciated. I did lose the vast majority by consciously restricting calories intake. Interestingly though, the last eight kilos has come off almost by accident. I was only ever specifcally targetting sub 90kg but I went from 89kg to 82kg when my road mileage went from about 100 miles a week to 200 miles a week. It’s still less in more out but I was specifically trying to restrict my intake, just eating what had become normal.

Tell you what makes a monumental difference going uphill.

Edukator
    Free Member

7 lbs is about 3kgs of fat or 20 000 calories, about 1500 calories a day over two weeks, Ton. That’s a hell of a calorie deficit each day and a good way to start your weight yo-yoing.

nickc

Geetee72 that is bloody impressive chap, well done!! You were over a 100kg IIRC weren’t you?

Whole new wardrobe I’d have thought 8)

geetee1972
    Free Member

Geetee72 that is bloody impressive chap, well done!! You were over a 100kg IIRC weren’t you?

Really it makes such a difference to get positive comments like that. Big thanks.

Yes I was up to about 108-110kg when I started in January last year and yes, absolutely nothing from then remotely fits me now. I had three really good suits, all of which have had six inches taken off the waist and four of the chest and they still don’t fit.

hooli

Well done mate, that’s brilliant.

I lost 26 kg’s over a 18 month period 5 odd years ago and have kept it off but it is a constant struggle, as soon as I stop controlling my food and beer the weight creeps back up and I need to do something about it. I could use to lose another stone at least but I find it hard enough just staying the same, never mind losing any more.

MrNice
    Free Member

geetee1972 / johndoh / ton – congratulations

edukator – I am starting a new logical fallacy bingo card in anticipation of more contributions from you. Keep ’em coming!

miketually
    Free Member

7 lbs is about 3kgs of fat or 20 000 calories, about 1500 calories a day over two weeks, Ton. That’s a hell of a calorie deficit each day and a good way to start your weight yo-yoing.

Or evidence that weight loss isn’t about calories in > calories out?

ton

I put the 7lbs down to a fair bit of fluid loss in the 1st week.

I lost 5 stone on the idiet, and have put 1 back on. I hope to lose that by the new year.

johndoh
    Free Member

I am surprised by the amazingly accurate digital scales at my gym though – I can get on and off them several times and they get my weight exactly the same each time. Take my sweat-soaked base-layer off and try again and it registers a .1kg difference.

soobalias
    Free Member

see, ton knows his onions.
    he didnt say he had lost 7lb of fat, just the scales were weighing 7lbs less than they were.

johndoh
    Free Member

I have to say that when I see myself in the mirror I can already see a visible difference from just losing a relatively small amount of weight.

Looking forward to getting back to the gym soon – I can’t do my normal Thursday night due to family commitments tonight.

cdoc
    Free Member

Probably going to be reminded how silly it is, but I am on a 600-1000k a day diet, with no letup on the riding front.
    Started on the 7th of October as I weighed myself to find I was pushing 94kg 😮
    Weighed myself yesterday and I am at just under 80kg, with no noticeable loss of muscle mass.

Climbing Blackstone edge feels so much easier, now!

johndoh
    Free Member

So in 30 days you have lost 14kg? That’s over 2 stones?

That really doesn’t sound healthy.

geetee1972
    Free Member

It doesn’t but if he’s also not lost any power, then is it a problem? It’s a question not a statement.

Cdoc have you by any chance been using a powermeter to track the impact over this period?

brassneck

Probably going to be reminded how silly it is, but I am on a 600-1000k a day diet, with no letup on the riding front.

I think if I remained conscious on that I’d consider myself to have done well!

What are you eating? I need to knock a few kilos on the head and I’ll try most things short of Picolax.

johndoh
    Free Member

I guess it depends on what his start weight was (so what % of his weight has been lost – he’s knocking on 20%).

I feel faint if I don’t eat enough calories in one day even when I am only being moderately active – doing what he has done I would be blacking out daily.

geetee1972
    Free Member

I guess it depends on what his start weigh twas (so what % of his weight has been lost).

He’s gone from 94kg on October 7th to 79kg today.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Tell you what makes a monumental difference going uphill.

(Congrats btw, epic effort and inspiring ). I’m nearer where you started out, and have been yoyoing for 2 years, it gets soul-destroying going backwards so great to hear inspiring tales such as yrs. But yr hill comment reminded me – it’s all uphill for me back home for the supermarket so vowing from now to be fetching the family groceries on my heaviest utility bike. instant regular cardio/aerobic workout. Especially all the healthy (weighty) veg I’ll be carrying. Will probably expire on the A449 some dark night to be found by an oik who will kick my bloated corpse to see if I move before nicking my debit card, then disgustedly throwing both the bike and the veg in the hedge. Or something.

allthepies
    Free Member

15kg in a month! 😆

MrNice
    Free Member

What are you eating? I need to knock a few kilos on the head and I’ll try most things short of Picolax.

calorie restriction works
    iDiet / slow carb / 4HB works
    5:2 works
    plenty of other things work too

Pick the one you find least unpleasant and thus easiest to stick to. For me it’s slow carb but YMMV.

I successfully lost weight when I stuck to it. I stopped being so rigid when I was at a weight I was happy with and I didn’t immediately regain. I only regained when I threw it completely out the window and ate far too much rubbish without riding it off (mmmmm… greggs custard doughnuts). Now back on it and will try to find a happy medium once the belly has gone.

BigJohn

iDiet never claimed to be much other than calories in/out. But it stops insulin spikes, which in turn stop irresistible cravings for sweet and fatty foods. And as an appetite supressant it means you don’t need to be cautious about quantities. It’s hard enough finding anything you like on the list!

It’s a very good way of eating for life.

ton

It’s hard enough finding anything you like on the list!

i manage quite easily.
    breakfast was 2 poached eggs, beans and 1 piece of black pudding
    lunch was 3 portions of chicken
    evening meal is a bean/chickpea stew with chicken and chorizo.

jambalaya
    Free Member

@geetee that is impressive, @cdoc just reading that I am a bit concerned at weight loss in that period and whether you can keep it off but well done and fingers crossed it works out for you.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

i’m on the 5:2 diet. Two months now, down from 12 stone to 10 stone 11 pounds.

So I was slow. So now I’m fast. 😀

miketually
    Free Member

Are you eating vegetables as well, Ton?

johndoh
    Free Member

BTW, my meagre weight loss in the last few weeks has been almost entirely just due to exercise – I have moderately slowed my drinking (used to have a few drinks during the week but now limit drinks to Fri/Sat/Sun) but my diet is pretty much what it always was.

Edukator
    Free Member

Losing a kg of fat every two days is a very active job or a 15km jog every day, and eating nothing.

BigJohn

Yes, Ton, I know that really. But it’s the breaking a habit of a lifetime to stop reaching for bread for lunch or breakfast, or spuds, pasta or rice for dinner.

ton

Are you eating vegetables as well, Ton?

loads mike. last nights tea was, poached salmon with, broccoli, carrots, peas, green beans and leeks.

i was a bit windy this morning….. 😳

BigJohn

I started iDiet about the same time as Ton and most of my weight loss has stayed off too.

nickc

I’m 68 kg: I’m having a pizza

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘Weight Loss’ is closed to new replies.