Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • weeks Riding in Scotland , Accommodation and routes
  • trout
    Free Member

I have been tasked with organising our annual weeks mountain biking holiday for approx 10 ish folks
    late september 2018
    so am requesting help from the forum for a self catering location with access to 6 good highland rides

we are also prepared to drive to the trails maybe an hour each way from base .

Maybe the odd trail centre nearby for shitty weather day but really want good wilderness day rides if possible .

ideas and suggestions gratefully accepted

scotroutes

Aviemore area, unless you fancy Inverness and then driving every day.

I reckon I can come up with some rides for you, and Laggan and Glenlivet (possibly Golspie and Balblair) are within your hours drive.

hodgynd
    Free Member

This is where I would go ..
    I was really interested in booking the place last year but couldn’t get the numbers to make it viable ..
    You are right on the doorstep for the Torridon / Applecross rides ..and it looks excellent
    http://www.bendamph.com/log-house

matt_outandabout

Aviemore +1

The Cairngorm youth hostel or Old Bridge Inn hostel are best cheapie imo.

Worth seeing if Glenmore lodge has space for extra accommodation that week, or look at Badaguish.

For nicer accommodation I would hit the usual booking site and see who has availability.

hodgynd
    Free Member

If Aviemore is where you decide ( the riding is better at Torridon!)..then give this place a try ..our mtb group had a week there last May / June and it was excellent..you would probably need to book two chalets though for a group of 10..

Home

stumpy120
    Free Member

Ballater

trout
    Free Member

Thanks Guys some good stuff to study tonight

Scotroutes Thanks will pop you an email and hopefully blag some good routes off you

ton

we do a week away every September, usually a moving on type offroad tour.
    carrying a set of clothes for evening wear and not much elas.
    done Scotland 5 or so times.

got some ace routes if you need em mate.

iainc

Glenmore Lodge also have self catering cabins, with access to all the facilities. Never tried them though as we always go for the B&B option in the Lodge itself (which is very good…)

CraigW
    Free Member

This is where I would go ..
    I was really interested in booking the place last year but couldn’t get the numbers to make it viable ..
    You are right on the doorstep for the Torridon / Applecross rides ..and it looks excellent
    http://www.bendamph.com/log-house

I stayed there a couple of years ago. All rather nice, decent facilities for a big group. Plus a hot tub with great views over the loch.

tjagain

Aviemore gives you more range of rides, torridon is good ( allegedly I have only walked there) but less choice if bad weather etc.

chakaping
    Free Member

I love Torridon but I wouldn’t go there for a full week of riding.

You need to consider a road trip IMO, possibly using SYHA accomm.

We did Dunkeld, Aviemore, Torridon & Kinlochleven this spring and it was the best riding holiday I’ve had.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘weeks Riding in Scotland , Accommodation and routes’ is closed to new replies.