Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • weekend riding with pics 26-27th Jan 2019
  • Klunk
    Free Member

again no thread, what is with you people 😉 Put some road miles kms on uber mild friday (a barmy 13 degrees) and saturday (a damp 10). Was going to singlespeed today but had a rush grandaughter care day 🙂

sharkattack

I’ve got a pulled muscle in my nether region so I was slowly spinning the pedals around the Blackamoor edge of the Peak. Bumped into a local who showed me a wicked descent that goes nearly all the way home. Gale force, freezing cold winds up high, lovely in the trees.

Bustaspoke
    Free Member

Out on the road bike yesterday,it was a bit damp in places…

I also saw my first Snowdrops of the year.
    Out on the Gravel bike today,it’s blowing a gale & that puddle’s still there…
    If it freezes again at the end of the week I might get out on the MTB around Rivi

Tracey

Spent yesterday in Blacca Woods and Houndskirk Moor. It was cold and muggy but still had a great time. Didn’t see many out

Spent today walking the local trails, moving some fallen trees, trimming back bushes and brambles. Finished up looking where to put some new lines in ready for the spring.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

XC ski for me on the lake to an island normally only accesible by boat. getting the base miles in!

View post on imgur.com

roverpig

The fun snow from last week has turned into deadly ice in the hills, so took the fatbike to the coast. Beach riding isn’t really my thing, but it beats broken bones.

Oh and 20 (virtual) miles around London this morning, but I won’t bore you with pictures of that 🙂

poah
    Free Member

didn’t go anywhere but changed the small coil in Samuel’s fork for a lighter one.

coomber
    Free Member

Bustapoke epic picture. Love a big puddle

Trimix
    Free Member

Woburn and Rushmere Sunday – a mix of dryish and wetish fun.

doomanic

Cheltenham Pump Rooms to Painswick Beacon and back, 28.4 miles so a bit of range anxiety.

postierich
    Free Member

Sunday spin Garburn,Troutbeck,Jenkins Crag Alcock Tarn Loughrigg Summit Clappersgate super breezy and very cold the Hardtail was faultless with the tyres
    https://www.relive.cc/view/2107652299
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/23QG9Lc]51064590_10157152202451474_4501426700336234496_n[/url] by Richard Munro, on Flickr
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/23QGchp]50719277_10157152202531474_2364764888158437376_n[/url] by Richard Munro, on Flickr
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/2enyiK3]50690204_10157152202651474_2570671139361652736_n[/url] by Richard Munro, on Flickr
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/2esa2V2]51243115_10157152202736474_4341420313653805056_n[/url] by Richard Munro, on Flickr

colournoise

Trip up to Manchester for the UK Track Championships this weekend, but managed to squeeze a quick ride round the woods in when we got back this afternoon. The recent wet stuff has seen the trails regress to their usual winter state (we’ve been spoiled so fat this season). Checked out a new section that our busiest trail builder has just put in. Needs riding in but should be sweet come the spring.

And came across another abandoned glove in the woods. That’s three so far in the last few weeks.

thenorthwind

Took some folk from the local club up for a ride in the Cheviots:

Can’t work out how to embed from Instagram (haven’t tried very hard!) Edit: oh, I see, it just works 🙂

View this post on Instagram

Great day out in the hills yesterday with #ntrdirtbags inc. @stevieheaven and @morne_van, and @steve.mcdonald.7545 #northumberland #cheviothills #mtb #bikes #bikelife #getoutside

A post shared by Dave Winterborne (@the_north.wind) on

hodgynd
    Free Member

Haven’t been out for ages due to a chest ” infection ?” …raking cough & masses of phlegm ..the end seems to be in sight so hopefully will get out either Thursday or Friday …probably a Billynomates ride though ..

teethgrinder
    matt_outandabout

I was going for a pedal up on Loch Tay yesterday, but the rain and 1*c meant I wimped out…

Today, freezing but lovely local spin with middle_oab around the road.

Meanwhile, smsllest_oab turned down surroundedbyhills coaching offer to go out with LD’s eldest to play on the woods on bikes…

ruggerbugger
    Free Member

Good local ride around 15miles, Corebike tomorrow & a wander around the Woburn area on the way home👍

Ambrose

A ride with a couple of good mates on Gower. Parked at the top of Cefn Bryn and rode off downhill with the wind behind us. Fantastic. And then we had to get back up to the cars against the wind.

lowey

Poorly… again.

Picks cheer me up… keep em coming folks.

chakaping
    Free Member

It was a tad slippy round Hebden, so there were crashes aplenty…

rickmeister

Weekend in Austria, mucho snow. Stayed in two huts, Lehrberger Alm and Simmering Alm… 20cm snow on Saturday morning so a peachy ride back down the rodelbahn then 800m climbing in 6.5k to Simmering Alm..1850m. Sunday, another great run down another rodelbahn and ski piste to close a top weekend… Simmering Alm was bonkers, a great party with the back catalogue of AC/DC, Scooter, Ramstein, Avinci and desperately crap Schlager musik… Great bar Dj and fabby food.

IMG_20190126_172120
    IMG_20190126_172235
    IMG_20190126_074701
    IMG_20190126_090156
    IMG_20190127_073519
    IMG_20190127_102935

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

hope you are alright chakaping

, but do your bloody helmet up right!

Bustaspoke
    Free Member

@ Rickmeister,looks like a good ride,inspiring stuff!

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘weekend riding with pics 26-27th Jan 2019’ is closed to new replies.