Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Weekend rides – Jan 22/23 edition
  • matt_outandabout

I can’t see a thread so….

I accidentally went and did a 100km gravel and road ride. Dunblane – Glascorrie – Crieff -.Loch Earn – Callander – Dunblane.

The soon to be finished gravel & traffic free cycle route from Comrie to Lochearnhead on the old railway is great already, it will be wonderful when completed.

A lot of storm Arwen damage around the whole route.

A rather driech day for it.

aide

Went up the hills on the other side of the town today to see how many trails I could find, found a few new ones so happy days

singlespeedstu

found a few new ones so happy days

There’s new trails springing up all the time there. 😉

poah
    Free Member

Heading to Pitlochry tomorrow.

singlespeedstu

Thursday we did our first night ride in years.
    I’d forgotten how much fun it is.
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/2mYgkMM]First night ride in 4 years.[/url] by multispeedstu, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2mYbveo]Moon.[/url] by multispeedstu, on Flickr

Took the long way back from lunch at a cafe today.
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/2mYCkjd]Eildons.[/url] by multispeedstu, on Flickr

remedyflyer
    Free Member

Looks nicer in those pics than the nightmare mud on the last 3 miles of the Kennet and Avon canal by Honey street went from 13 miles an hour to 3 front kept filling with mud never been so pleased to get on road most of the canal was fine.

Futureboy77

A nice early morning local ride before the weather turned.

hairyscary

Rode at Aberfeldy on Friday for the first time. It was soooo slidey and muddy but was still an ace day out. I can’t wait to go back and experience the place when it’s dry.
    I was on the last day of a course of antibiotics for an ear infection so was properly pooped by the end of the day, so today has been a chilled day.

Klunk
    Free Member

no pictures today, though it was a brutal “daub” day this morning. An enjoyable trudge through the drying sludge.

thegeneralist
    Free Member

Mount Wyddfa yesterday en route to Rhydd Ddu
    PXL_20220122_122918773

kayak23

Board not bike
    Pershore Avon

Mount Wyddfa yesterday en route to Rhydd Ddu

Nae gloves? 😮

Alex

That snow and no gloves = Hardcore 🙂

Amazing conditions here in th FoD/Yat. Even risked taking the big bike out.

Big Bikes in the Yat!

Big Bikes in the Yat!

Big Bikes in the Yat!

Big Bikes in the Yat!

Fab light most of the day as well but still Jan cold riding home at 3pm. 11km of ‘are we there yet’ 😉

thegeneralist
    Free Member

‘Twas stupidity ☺

I only had two pairs of gloves with me and wanted one for each descent. There was a constant wetting mizzle up top so I went with no gloves up the hill and then put the dry gloves on at the same time as kneepads, elbow pads waterproofs etc

( I do tend to cycle pretty warm TBH)

scotroutes

2022 Bivvy-a-month campaign is under way

I headed off after dinner to another favourite spot. The weather forecast was mild, low winds but 98% cloud cover. As I was riding there, I started seeing lots of stars so I knew something was amiss.

The area I wanted to bivvy in was a wee bit exposed but I carried on regardless, throwing the tarp up and getting comfy.

It was an opportunity to try some “astrophotography” using my new phone.

(The tarp edges on this one look a bit blurred as they were flapping in the wind).

5 minute exposure

I had a look around the woods for a suitable, more sheltered, bivvy spot but when I returned the wind had died so I just stayed where I was, got into my bag and fell asleep listening to some music. That was fine until the moon came out and woke me up as it was shining straight into my eyes,

Spooky skull post!

I had a bit of a fitful night as the wind picked up again but I couldn’t be bothered moving. Anyway, I was awake to see the sky going pink with the sunrise and packed up to head home.

jimmy748

Out the back door on the hardtail after 3 days of man flu (6 negative tests in those 3 days).

halifaxpete

New bike weekend for me so a local one yesterday just to see if the suspension is OKish and a ride out to Wild Bank this morning

reluctantjumper

Got out on the FOD on the hardtail, just a gentle ride round the blue and the family trail though as I’ve somehow managed to bruise a rib so no jumps or drops. Still, managed to break a spoke in the rear wheel and make my lower back and wrists almost as sore as the ribs. Should have taken the full susser.

iainc

Some manky gravel, good to be out tho 👌

jam-bo

Spent all day making and swearing at drawers, left it too late to get out for a surf so thought I’d catch the sunset on the moors. Dartmoor had other ideas.

rOcKeTdOg

Thursday night
    dynamicridesuk-16427403174350

Sleepy badger stout & soreen making the -3° seem bearable
    PXL_20220120_194731766.NIGHT

Saturday
    Real life stopped play
    2022-01-23_08-00-46

Bit of a trail hazard today
    PXL_20220123_124625879.MP

Lots of slippery off camber action
    ukgc16_043233

Doing my best water boatman/pond skater impression
    ukgc14_043209

CheesybeanZ

Nice ride in the Fod today
    A few new trails and some favourites.

poah
    Free Member

couple of clips from Pitlochry. Trails are running soo sweet right now.

didnthurt

Route wise it was nothing special but enjoyed my cycle with my 9 year old yesterday.

It was 16km in total with a mixture of road, canal path and muddy Singletrack. It’s great being able to share the trails I ride and even following my son’s line.

poah
    Free Member

@rOcKeTdOg what happened to the car?

steve_b77
    Free Member

Went to the Manchester winter cycling festival hosted by Trek Wilmslow at Bruntwood Park where there were cyclocrosss races all day long, it was a superb event and a really good course. I did the combined Junior / Senior / V40 race and was well chuffed to come away with 12th overall and 5th placed Vet, plenty of tech sections, including a proper off-camber bank round the BMX track and very slippy sideway drifting in action on a lot of the corners.

DSC_9202.jpg<script async src=”//embedr.flickr.com/assets/client-code.js” charset=”utf-8″></script>

mahalo

Thursday we did our first night ride in years.
    I’d forgotten how much fun it is.

do a few more and you’ll remember why you have not bothered for years! 🙂

no new pictures in my phone – sure sign the riding has been too good!

vmgscot

Quiet part of D&G

WoodheadMine

RhinnsOfKells

lowey

My Biannual reminder why I should never ride in the Peaks. Castleton was like Blackpool with hills on Saturday.

ready

A day trip to Peaslake on Saturday with a great crowd. Cold, but dry – and near perfect trail conditions.

Managed to clear the 1st big gap on Northern Monkey – I was rather chuffed!

Also saw the “Surrey Rampage” line that Brendog, Pilgrim etc have ridden. Looks relatively do-able on TV – the reality is completely mind boggling! Utter lunacy how someone could even think of getting a bike down there!

swavis

Saturday was a spin from the door up Ben Aigen.

A family ride at Fochabers yesterday.

malv173
    Free Member

Bike

My longest ride for a while today. Just under 20 miles from home in Loxley, up to Wharncliffe crags. Then down the other side of the crags, along the bridleway, then back up to the to of the crags again. Then home. Nearly 2000ft of climbing.

Met a few folk along the way. Walkers, dog-walkers, other cyclists, even e-bikers (😉)! Everyone said hello, everyone smiled. One of my favourite rides for a long time.

Viewing 31 posts - 1 through 31 (of 31 total)

The topic ‘Weekend rides – Jan 22/23 edition’ is closed to new replies.