Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Web Hosting – recommendations
  • BearBack
    Free Member

Currently have our html based site hosted with discountasp.net as we did have an asp site to start with.

The hostings been super reliable, no problems at all, however the bandwith and hosting allocations are a little stingy.

I’m about to renew, but wonder if theres any recommendations in terms of relaiable hosting companies who offer more disk space and added functionality – ultimately we want to have a more media intense site.

GoDaddy worth looking at? Cheap.. but I’m aware you typically get what you pay for.

TIA

cxi
    Free Member

We use GoDaddy at work for their cheap SSL certificates but not hosting. Our server co-location, special hosting and other stuff is done by Titan Internet. Top bunch – excellent support.

grumm
    Free Member

Dreamhost give you ridiculous amounts of bandwith and storage – use the code G030 on a 1 year prepay package and get it for 30 dollars! Good service too.

matt_outandabout

I use heart internet for 5 sites currently, and have used them over 5 years.

Thoroughly recommend them – not cheapest, but utterly reliable, great customer service via online messages and good value when you factor in how many tools/bits/add-ons they offer.

http://www.heartinternet.co.uk/

MadPierre

Hey Jonny

I use globat.com for my hosting. Mostly because of their bandwidth / web space allowances vs $$.

…. so I can stick all them big helmet cam clips up.

Pete
    http://www.mountainbikerides.co.uk

GaryLake
    Free Member

I use Media Temple but it might be a little OTT for your needs…

Gee-Jay
    Free Member

I have just signed up with Just Host, they appeared top of a table I saw so thought I would give them a try.

The good thing is that if you look at their site & about signing up then try to close the window they start offering discounts … I got 50% off on a two year deal.

Very easy for all sorts of add ons such as joomla, wordpress etc etc

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Web Hosting – recommendations’ is closed to new replies.