Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Web hosting email etc. Blocklists.
  • 5plusn8
    Free Member

I used to think I had this sussed, but now that TSOHOST have let me down again I would like a recommendation.
    So as we are on a cheapish deal (£270 per annum, multiple websites, low traffic, but 30 odd email accounts) we are on a shared server. The shared servers often host 1000’s of different sites. Every so often some other customer uses TSO for spamming emails or something and the spamcops block a huge IP range.
    TSOHOST wait until customers complain and then they look at the issue. I’ve argued with them that they can pay spamcop/spamhosue etc to notify them when an IP range gets blocked so they can sort it out. If it gets to the point when I notice, only sending 30 email a day, then surely they should have known and sorted it out.
    They say that my proposal is not possible, I find this impossible to believe.

Anyway balls to them, I’m gonna move, where to? Don’t say Heart as they own TSOHOST anyway…

jam-bo

i just moved a site to mythic beasts. I think someone here is involved in it. it was dramatically cheaper for the ultra-low use I needed but they seemed on the ball with the couple of enquiries I made.

5plusn8
    Free Member

ooh mythic beasts, who is that then. I’d much rather deal with a small UK company.

soundninjauk

We use Mythic Beasts for our DNS at our company. Don’t do anything particularly complex but I’ve never had a problem with them which counts for a lot.

I used to use Domain Monster for my personal stuff (on the grounds that they were a small UK company) but they got bought by 123-Reg so that put paid to that.

Interestingly my personal stuff is also hosted at TSOHOST and I mainly ignore it but I had a look today and they’re doing their best to ‘upgrade’ me onto a more expensive package that I don’t want or need so think I’ll sack it off entirely and maybe move the domains to Mythic Beasts.

5plusn8
    Free Member

Yeah TSO told me the issues were caused by my package. Bulltwaddle. I am defo moving.
    I’d email mythic beasts but all my outging emails bounce back….

soundninjauk

TSO told me the issues were caused by my package.

I mean yes insofar as you’re on a shared hosting package which could be solved by moving to something more dedicated and more expensive but also very much no insofar as all services they sell should work!

5plusn8
    Free Member

I mean yes insofar as you’re on a shared hosting package which could be solved by moving to something more dedicated and more expensiv

And by the same logic you could say “I mean yes insofar as you’re on TSOHOST which could be solved by moving “

nixie

What are the websites? E.g. are they dynamic of static?

For email IMO you would be better having this setup in O365 or Gmail.

Greybeard
    Free Member

I believe @pdw is one of the founders of Mythic Beasts

tomnavman
    Free Member

https://krystal.uk/ have served me well for ~20 years, uk based, environmentally sound and excellent customer support.

Although, for email I’d echo the above – look at Office 365 or alternatives.

highpeakrider
    Free Member

Mythic Beasts, only use them for email but the service is really good and UK owned.

A mate of mine develops and resells uses https://www.20i.com
    Also UK based in Nottingham.

5plusn8
    Free Member

krystal UK have the same service I get at TSO and are 1/3 the price. Plus they use this mail channels to stop the exact problem I am having.
    They do migration of all the cPanel stuff. I am sold.

Greybeard
    Free Member

krystal UK have the same service I get at TSO and are 1/3 the price

I use Krystal, and have had no problems with them.

pdw
    Free Member

@5plusn8
    – please could you PM me the details, as I’d be interesting in getting to the bottom of what’s happening there.

There’s a number of things we (Mythic Beasts) do to prevent the problem that you describe, the most effective of which is automatically freezing mail from customers who are getting a high rejection rate. This means that we normally block compromised accounts that are sending spam before our servers get blocklisted. We also monitor our own IPs on the major blocklists, and we have a pool of IPs that we can rotate through if we end up on blocklist with a slow de-listing policy.

5plusn8
    Free Member

PM sent

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.