Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • wear rate on surly fatty tyres??
  • fatsimonmk2
    Free Member

currently ride twice a week at least most used loop is a mixture of dirt,tarmac and sustrans tracks(compacted cement dust)been thinking of getting a surly pug and the only thing putting me off is the cost of tyres so how well do they wear are they going to last a while(current tyres last about 6-9months)or iam i going to be buying tyres alot(VERY expensive)

fatsimonmk2
    Free Member

bump for the evening crowd

druidh
    Free Member

Dunno about the Larry/Endomorph that comes as standard. I took mine off soon after I got them and replaced then with Husker Dus. These are a “proper” trail tyre and are lighter, faster rolling and grippier on mud, rocks and gravel than the Larry/Endo. So far, I’ve not noticed a massive amount of wear, which is good given that they cost so bloody much.

On One are supposed to be doing cheaper fat tyres later this year.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Ho are your tyres wearing out? knobs getting a bit rounded? Or actually losing grip/getting more punctures?

Given the pressures fatties run at, I don’t think you need as much tread to grip, save on say mud.

Pigface
    Free Member

druidh where did you get the Husker Dus from?

druidh
    Free Member

I got mine from the states (it’s a long story) but Ison had some for a while.

There’s a new, lighter, version just been released in the US. Dunno when Ison will get them in though.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘wear rate on surly fatty tyres??’ is closed to new replies.