Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Waterproof trousers -advice please
  • mangoridebike

Hi

I would like a decent pair of waterproof trousers, my current cheap pair wet through after 15 minutes and wearing a waterproof jacket and normal trousers quickly leaves me with soaked legs due to run off from the jacket .

In my ideal world I’d like trousers that can be worn over normal trousers but aren’t going to cook me, easy to fit over shoes/boots and ideally don’t sounds like 1000 crisp packets being rubbed together as I walk.

Any recommendations? Are soft shell trousers worth a look?

Cheers

sharkbait
    Free Member

Army Goretex overtrousers off ebay? Cheap and really effective.

Stoner
    Free Member

Ive had my berghaus deluge pant for years and never had any reason not to recommend them. £50 RRP is a bit spendy though, so get them in the sales.

£30 at gaynors
    http://www.gaynors.co.uk/brands/berghaus/mens/waterproofs/dp-78340/mens-deluge-pant

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Also have a pair of those Berghaus – haven’t let me down yet. AFAIK, they can be pretty much fully vented down the side as well. I also bought them for around £30 from GoOutdoors a few years ago – been great value for money.

molgrips
    Free Member

Tried reproofing?

xherbivorex
    Free Member

i recently bought a pair of endura superlite overtrousers and so far they seem ideal.
    also have a pair of the berghaus ones mentioned and they work fine too, if a little flappy at the ankles…

jam-bo

another vote for berghaus deluge. £30ish from go-outdoors, live in the back of the car.

Lummox

paramo cascada trousers, my default dog walking trousers.

Infinetly reproofeable and the fabric can be stitched up if torn, i wear them as the walking trouser and then if it rains ive already got them on. Long vents up side of leg so ventilation is anywhere from buttoned up to hotpants style.

Keep an eye on evil bay as i got mine from the paramo seconds shop.

Cascada trousers

jimmy

+1 for the Berghaus (in the sales)

Daffy

If your current trousers are goretex and you’ve washed them, they will likely need either reproofed (as mentioned above) or simly placed in the tumble dryer for 20mins on a light cycle.

Daffy

Oh, and Gore waterproof trousers are amazing.

Rapha softsheel trousers are made with witchcraft and fairy dust! How they manage to be the most comfortable set of trousers I own, whilst being comfy on a bike, acceptable for work, waterproof and breathable I don’t know!

mangoridebike

Thanks all, the Berghaus ones look to be a good shout 🙂

My current ones are trespass pack in a bag £10 specials so I don’t think re-proofing will work

Cheers

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

stoner + 1 on deluge pants
    dd + 1 on value for money as mines have lasted for 6 or 7 years and don’t seem to be close to needing replaced.

molgrips
    Free Member

Fair enough if you want something better, but reproofing does work regardless of the original cost of the garment!

cliffyc
    Free Member

Berghaus Deluge here too,can’t go wrong at around £30!.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Waterproof trousers -advice please’ is closed to new replies.