Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Watching Super prestige and Soudal CX
  • dawson

Anybody else struggling to find recent races?

The usual YouTube channels that I subscribe to don’t seem to have had any for past 2 or 3 weeks.

Has there been a clampdown?

ferrals
    Free Member

I think there has. Someone streamed Saturdays race on youtube, but I missed it so wnet to see if the replay was up and there was a notice saying the video had ben removed due to a copywright claim by FloSports.

Real pain! Guess as more and more people round the world watch they mmight be looking for other tv channels like eurosport to pick it up. Wish te bike channel hadnt gone!!

xc-steve
    Free Member

Whilst its annoying theses streams have been removed, whats more annoying is there’s no legit way of viewing any of the races so far this year.

Have eurosport subscription and not seen any race pop up there somewhere else I should be looking?

white101

Have you tried following Pete Geyer on Twitter @cyclingfans he posts regular feed info. Some is geography blocked but plenty feed options normally.

ghostlymachine
    Free Member

Clampdown, yes.

Struggling, no, missed the Koppenburg cross which was a pain, but found a highlight video. So that’ll do.

Youtube? Nope, rarely use youtube, except for the UCI channel races! Cyclingfans and (occasionally) a proxy works fine.

ferrals
    Free Member

Dont really trust cyclingfans and proxies in terms of viruses. Maybe I’m being overly cautious

ghostlymachine
    Free Member

Probably, i’ve been using cyclingfans for several years and never had any issues with viruses. Couple of the proxies have caused a moment or two of concern, but nothing that can’t be fixed.

Even do it on my work computer. Which pings the adverts on here as malicious.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

what Ferrals said. CYCLING GAMES and Slipstreams are my go-to Youtube re-streamers, I watched Soudal on Slipstreams and when I went back to show MunqeChick the womens’ race it’d been pulled.

Have eurosport subscription and not seen any race pop up there somewhere else I should be looking

the UCI world cup rounds are on eurosportplayer (without a commentary) which is why the UCI YT channel coverage has been geo-blocked in the UK.

federalski
    Free Member

Pish that the UCI youtube channel does not seem to have the races played back in full, we only seem to get a vid of a few minutes recapping instead of a rerun.
    Last few years I have go into watching the races with the English commentary and was great that you could watch it back a few days later as I never really watch live.

ferrals
    Free Member

the UCI world cup rounds are on eurosportplayer (without a commentary)

So what do you get? Literally jsut the footage with no sound? I was thinking of paying for the player to watch this weekends race as think I’m on childcare duties sunday

Sounds like Gavere was a classic race in the womens so hope it appears at some point

white101

It only seems like 2 years ago when you could get live coverage of lots of races, hopefully some day with all the advances in streaming and subscription channels we can get that access back. Either that or I will just on a ferry and make a weekend of it

Not had a problem with cyclingfans other that not getting a stream occasionally.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

So what do you get? Literally jsut the footage with no sound? I was thinking of paying for the player to watch this weekends race as think I’m on childcare duties sunday

yup. For ‘other’ races (eg grand tours) there’s usually been a channel on ESPlayer that was just the feed with no commentary, which has 2 main benefits; no Carlton Kirby drivel and no adverts.

I saw a post on twitter which suggested that subsequent world cups will NOT be geo-blocked (it was a screenshot of a UCI timetable which seemed to say Koksijde was the last blocked round).

I don’t understand why suppliers geo-block when there is no local rights-owner; what are, say, Sporza losing by having an extra several thousand people watching their footage, seeing their commercials and all the sponsor hoardings at the event? Especially when their sponsors and advertisers have a presence in overseas markets

http://www.supplyuk.co.uk/branches

Marge
    Free Member

if it’s on Sporza then it’s shown live on VRT Een
    (Sporza online is geo-blocked but not VRT een)
    I was away from Belgium last week but managed to still watch from Japan..

https://www.vrt.be/vrtnu/kanalen/een/

prawny

I’ll be gutted if it has, a quick look suggests so.

It’s bad enough that I couldn’t watch it in english, got really into it last year, if I can’t watch it at all I’ll be miffed.

ferrals
    Free Member

Turns out Sperprestige have a new place online:

FloSports Superprestige

Or at least Gavere is there and the txt says they all will be

prawny

Well thats something.

dawson

Thanks all, glad its not just me.

@Ferrals – thanks for that link, will try that later

ferrals
    Free Member

crashtestmonkey – Member

I saw a post on twitter which suggested that subsequent world cups will NOT be geo-blocked (it was a screenshot of a UCI timetable which seemed to say Koksijde was the last blocked round).

Just seen that as well. Fingers crossed! It looks like Bogense could be a good course from what I’ve seen on twitter/instagram

white101

Good link Ferrals, it could mean I get no work done for the next 90 mins 😀

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Watching Super prestige and Soudal CX’ is closed to new replies.