Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 8,899 total)
  • Watches N+1…
  • crimsondynamo
    Free Member

👎 for the fake/homage rolexes.

Infinitely more respect for an honest Seiko 007 if that’s the desired look.

tthew

I’ve got a hankering for a decent watch. Really fancy a Seamaster, maybe a Rolex Miligauss but the though of dropping that kind of money on a watch, I got cold feet. So I nearly plumped for one of those Grey Dawn Seikio’s, but again couldn’t quite splash the cash, (thought my missus wears about 3x the value in rings so that shouldn’t really be a problem)

I’ve satisfied myself with buying a 1980’s Russian military watch off eBay for about £30, which is the same as one I bought on an inter-railing trip about 25 years ago and broke a few years later. A bit like this.

That Hamilton is really nice.

bearnecessities

Quartz as I seem to have OCD about watches running fast/slow and I can’t afford expensive automatics

Not a troll comment but even an expensive automatic will end up out of cock after a few months. They’re not things for accuracy 🙂

jerrys
    Free Member

bearnecessities – but an expensive automatic such as a Rolex should be within about 2s per day? I recently sold a Seiko SARB033 which was running 10s per day slow – well within the spec apparently. If it had been running fast, I probably wouldn’t have minded as much.

bearnecessities

And those 2s a day eventually get a cumulative effect where your lovely expensive watch is waaaay out of touch with the actual time!

Kryton57

^^ which is why i like my radio eco drive, its always on time.

Merak

@rene59

🙂

I’m wearing on of these;

neilnevill
    Free Member

Lots of ecodrives here.  Mine was good for 10+ years but then started showing 31st for last day of Feb, April, June and September.  Gave it to my fiancee to replace a baby g shock that fell apart/looked too tattered. though no idea where it is now…. As she’s stolen my 1961 manual seamster that she bought for my 40th!  Still…I where the present a got myself, a planet Ocean, for everything except DIY, then it’s the steinhart Ocean 1.

I see there is a waiting list on submariners again, need to pop in to watches of Switzerland and get my name down.  I like them but likely would flog it on and hope to make enough for a Stone’s Fleiger maybe.  Or if not then a Tissot visodate looks lovely.  If they take my name for a Hulk then…hmmm….an iwc maybe. (think the list is closed on the Hulk though)

rmacattack
    Free Member

hmm, i can relate….

Rolex:

Explorer 1016

Explorer 6610

Sub 5513

Sub 16613

GMT 1675

GMT 1675/3

GMT 1675/8

Bunch of rolex bracelets etc

Grand Seiko SBGW005 and SBGW001

Patek 5711 Nautilus

Universal Geneve Polerouter

Lange unt Sohne Chrono flyback

FP Journe Chronometre Bleu

A handful of others kept for sentimental reasons.  This is after a significant clearout also

wow, thats off the scale.

Currently at 7, won’t rise any higher, it will go down to two/three higher grade watches. Have give two away to family, an eco-drive and a vostok. I find it hard to bring myself to spend for a rolex explorer or omega speedmaster, when I can have three others for less.

Auto:

Seiko sarb033 / Seiko srp775 / Christopher ward c60 trident pro vintage / Zelos swordfish / Certina ds podium / Yema 011-ba

Quartz:

Luminox sea turtle 0301

neila

Not much of a comparison to some but…

G-Shock for work

Forerunner 35 for, erm running

Oris BC3 for everyday

Tag Monaco best

Big of a hijack but any recommendations for a Tag Monaco service provider, the stopwatch has stopped working so full service required, quote from Tag was £525. GULP.

burko73

That Hamilton is lovely.

peajay

Got a seamaster, lost the love for it and it needs an expensive service so it lives in the sock drawer. Can recommend a Marathon TSAR quartz and always spot on for accuracy and bullet proof, taken quite a hike in price over the last 2 years though.

IvanDobski
    Free Member

Orient Ray

Orient Bambino Mk1

Yobokies Orient Flight 656

Elliot Brown Canford

G-Shock

Timex Mk1 Alloy

Garmin Vivoactive HR

When I see them listed like that it does seem a bit excessive…

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

That Hamilton is lovely

Agreed.   It reminds me of a 60s/70s watch my father gave me,  his orange-faced Timex with luminous markers and a striped fabric strap.  As a kid I thought it was cool af even if too big to wear  As I got older it disappeared somewhere along the way, and I wish I could find a replacement but I don’t even know the model.  After a fruitless image search nearest it looked was somewhat like a Doxa sub face

Merak

It was issued to the RAF in 1967, it’s had a life. I wanted to get a new glass but reckon the original patina makes it a little bit special.

I love it.

ElShalimo

@Merak – nice retro but it’s not ME Ultrafleece

AlasdairMc

Another fan of the Hamilton. I have a Tudor Heritage Ranger which looks broadly similar, albeit a modern interpretation of that type of watch.

Also: Seamaster Bond chronograph

Tudor North Flag

Steinhart Ocean 500 Titanium

Seiko diver that refuses to die.

I really ought to downsize or at least stop increasing the collection…

aphex_2k
    Free Member

With their hardlex crystal….

I’d like a rolex but I don’t have ten grand for a watch. I can spare 150 for so thing that looks similar and that makes me happy. Miyota movement, ceramic bezel  better lume, domed crystal with ar coating. I’m fine with homages.

breadcrumb

I’m not so bad with watches.

Nice Seiko, gift from the wife on our first Christmas as a married couple.

A Skagen a smart everyday watch.

Limited edition Orient from work.

Casio F91 as a beater watch.

Santa is bringing me a Garmin Instinct, looking forward to it.

lunge

hmm, i can relate….

Rolex:

Explorer 1016

Explorer 6610

Sub 5513

Sub 16613

GMT 1675

GMT 1675/3

GMT 1675/8

Bunch of rolex bracelets etc

Grand Seiko SBGW005 and SBGW001

Patek 5711 Nautilus

Universal Geneve Polerouter

Lange unt Sohne Chrono flyback

FP Journe Chronometre Bleu

That, that is just phenomenal, a serious collection.

rmacattack
    Free Member

With their hardlex crystal….

I’d like a rolex but I don’t have ten grand for a watch. I can spare 150 for so thing that looks similar and that makes me happy. Miyota movement, ceramic bezel  better lume, domed crystal with ar coating. I’m fine with homages.

I totally agree, seiko needs to wake up to the amount of micro’s pumping out stuff with their movements inside. Offering far more bang for the buck. Chapter ring misalignment, hardlex and the supplied bracelets. If they improved all these and kept the price point there would be less need to buy from a micro.

kilo

Watches are one of the few things I’m happy to buy currently have

Rolex thunderbird

30 year old lad TAG 1000

brietling Automatic

Magrette mona Pacific

some g shock and a Casio dw290.

i use the Rolex most of the time, on the road bike, at work just not mountain biking, stw heresy but not a fan of the g shock the dw290 is a much better bit of kit

twohats
    Free Member

I’ve been obsessed with watches from a very young age.

Currently have,

Seiko SKX007 slightly modified

Seiko SNK809

Orient Defender

Vostok Amphibia

Tissot Quadrato chronograph

Tissot T-Touch, 1st generation.

Wouldn’t buy another Tissot after experiencing very bad customer service from them.

I also have about 30 Swatches as I used to collect them! Most of them are limited editions, boxed and a few of them are going up in value.

rmacattack
    Free Member

LETITSALE for 50% off all wolf products. picked myself up a 10 piece box. was nearly swayed for a winder. free p+p

https://www.wolf1834.co.uk/

cynic-al
    Free Member

its about the only materialistic object I’ll be buying myself while I’m saving for Mrs K’s 40th next year, and getting the mortgage down!

So back to materialism then?

CountZero

Finally got around to taking a photo of my little collection, from left, a G-Shock WR200M, with adaptors to take a ZULU strap, 1985 TAG Heuer Series 1000 ‘Night diver’, with Watchgecko ‘Real 007’ NATO strap, Timothy Dalton wore one in ‘The Living Daylights’, next top Yokobies mod Seiko Series 5, below Seiko SPORK, next 1970 Yema Rallygraf, next MWC Tritium military-style and last cheap Casio modded to take a ZULU strap, involved drilling through the pillars and pushing stainless wires through and cutting the strap to make the outside edges flush with the outside edge of the pillars.

CountZero

Big of a hijack but any recommendations for a Tag Monaco service provider, the stopwatch has stopped working so full service required, quote from Tag was £525. GULP.

My Yema above was serviced and repaired by Deacons in Marlborough, it needed a new mainspring. It cost me £50 when I bought it in 1970, the repair and service cost £450. I considered it worthwhile because it was the first watch I bought with my own money. One sold at auction in London last March for £3800, so it was worth it.

https://www.deacons-jewellers.com

Quartz as I seem to have OCD about watches running fast/slow and I can’t afford expensive automatics

See that Casio above? Bloody thing gains a couple of minutes a month, and you can’t wind the hands back, only forward, and you have to hold a stupid little button in while the hands wind forwards v e r y  v e r y  s  l  o  w  l  y.

Quartz is not the wonder mechanism you might like to think it is.

toby1

Might be a good thread to ask, I have a Sunnto Core onto it’s second strap and that’s just about to give out, what straps for a Suunto core?

I also have an Elliot Brown, I’ve done 2 leather and now 2 rubber straps in the last few years, so punt for the metal strap, or just deal with a nato getting stinky? I am not delicate with watches so need to be reasonably resilient!

beanum

For all those who like the Hamilton you might want to check out Newmark. Their Kickstarter campaign just finished so it will be a while before they start selling the watch on general release but they have made a re-issue of the RAF chronograph issued in the 1980s…

https://www.newmarkwatchcompany.com/

MTT
    Free Member

Jeffc – Pictures of the 6610 or it did not happen..!

I have;

– Rolex 1016

– Rolex 5513

– Rolex Precision

– JLC Master Geographic

– Omega Speedmaster

– IWC Mark XVI

I got into the vintage Rolex world just as the prices were on the rise, I’m effectively priced out of it now.

nicko74

FWIW, my collection:

– Omega Seamaster Aqua Terra (mk 1), with blue hands/ markers

– Tudor Heritage Chrono (blue) on a blue quasi-NATO strap

– Casio ProTrek PRW3100 on a green fabric strap

– G-Shock GW5600 on a bracelet.

onewheelgood

What I really want is something that looks like this

but I can’t bring myself to spend nearly 4 grand on it. Any of you watchists got a suggestion?

rmacattack
    Free Member

Lots of fliegers cheaper than the IWC. Laco, stowa , archimede, geckota,  all spring to mind

Saccades
    Free Member

Mine are a bit cheap compared…

Caterpillar chronograph wedding present that I love (n1123)

Storm camera lens

Birth month Seiko Bellmatic

Seiko Stargate (white)

Seiko Stargate based PMMM (poor man’s marine master)

Seiko/Yobokies fifty five fathoms (blancpain homage)

Seiko Skx009 about to be upgraded to prospex level

My dad’s SKX031 (Seikos homage to the Rolex)

Seiko/Dagaz white enamel dial/red bezel

Seiko Tuna

wrecker
    Free Member

I have an Explorer 2,  a Zenith El Primero Grande Class, El Primero Rainbow, El Primero spada, Elite GMT. I have around half saved for my dream watch which is a Royal Oak.

Ooh nice. I love an El-P. I think we need pics. Please?

I’d very much like a EP chrono for smarter occasions when the pelagos LHD is a little too much.

I do have a rather special Pelagos on the way which should be arriving in a few months.

Any of you watchists got a suggestion?

I had one, and they are jolly nice.

mattstreet

@onewheelgood

Some of the older Christopher Ward C8 Pilots are dead ringers for the IWC.  Might find some on eBay…

My daily wearer is like this one:

spangelsaregreat
    Free Member

Have a Seiko Auto Relay which has been my good watch for about 10 years now. Even bought a second one on eBay as a work watch.

Finally succumbed to the Smart Watch thing and bought a Samsung Gear S3 Classic a few months ago. Use it for all purposes now. Have a basic cloth strap and a silicon protector for the case for work. For every day have a choice of a the original leather strap or a stainless steel one for a posher look. Mix up the watch faces depending on what I fancy, either

Military type analogue which automatically switches to luminous in the dark

Tag Aquaracer

Tag F1

Omega Seamaster Blue

Hamilton type one

Rolex Submariner

Gshock Mudman

Tag Monaco Gulf

Loads of other faces so endless choice.

Smart bits a good too, email, text, navigation, to do lists, Uber, Music, step counter, sleep tracker etc. Been surprised how much I use it as I kind of thought they were a bit gimmicky. Has sporty stuff on it too but don’t really use that since I have Garmin for the bike.

Could never really justify a really expensive watch but if I had the free cash would probably have collection.

Regards

MrSmith
    Free Member

IWC utc spitfire Pilots on a Eulit perlon/Santoi /Hirsch strap depending on what I fancy

a 4205 Seiko midsize diver from the 80’s on JPW leatherworks strap for riding or going to warzones (hackney)

a tissot seastar dress watch from the 70’s

and Seiko yobokies ‘sinn’ that I hardly wore which I keep forgetting to put in the classifieds.

i often shoot wristwatches for a living and have been out to Patek, Audemars, Jaeger etc to shoot stuff that is too expensive to get security to transit or it’s under embargo about to be released at baselword or SIHH so I have handled a lot of bling (literally millions of pounds worth) a lot of it leaves me cold aesthetically but I do appreciate the art of horology having seen what goes into their manufacture.

a lot of the iced up bling does nothing for me, big fan of unique independents like Habring and Czapek. I guess my grail watch would have to be a Langhe & Söhne chronograph.

that needs a lottery win though.

servo
    Free Member

Bagstard
    Free Member

G shock

Citizen Promaster OYE 004 1995 issue

Solar Promaster Aqualand

Seiko prospex solar chrono Diver

Gruppo Gamma Divemaster

Dan Henry 1970

Borealis Sea Dragon

One battery, two solar and four auto’s, the Dan Henry is on a sailcloth strap and is also my dress watch. As you see from the theme I like Dive watches!

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 8,899 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.