Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Watch InSight Mars Landing Online live!!!!
  • RAGGATIP
    Free Member

It’s 7 minutes of nail biting……in about half an hours time…

https://www.nasa.gov/nasalive

Cougar

Yeah, I’ve been following this for a few days.  I’m in.

bearnecessities

Cheers, just popped the link to Dad as well.

bearnecessities

Edit: It was a stupid question 🙂

piemonster

No, just the control room. They don’t want you to see all the Gammon Faced Lizard Martians now do they!?

Edit: you sneaky editing scamp! 😝

RAGGATIP
    Free Member

They did mention, whilst on it’s approach that we might be treated to a shot of Mars. Whether they’re going to show that I don’t know.

bearnecessities

Edit: you sneaky editing scamp!

It wouldn’t be the first time I’ve asked a stupid question 🙂

But yeah, wondered where the live mars stream was!

molgrips
    Free Member

Is disappoint.  Wtf is this, 1990 still?

wrightyson
    Free Member

2000 meters per second is rather quick isn’t it. Then they deployed the parachute at some ridiculous speed also.

But I’m with molgrips a bit, I wanted to see immediate action from the cameras and it bombing around looking for Martians.

mikey-simmo
    Free Member

Last time there was a series of images from the landing some days after the event.  really hoping for a video this time.  The technology is fantastical and the risk of year/decades of work all being for nothing if it went wrong.

GrahamS

First images have arrived…

I’m sure it’s just a dust spot or something…

eulach

Thanks, GrahamS. That made my evening. Lucky I didn’t have a coffee, beer or daiquiri on the go.

DezB
    Free Member

Can’t get my head around …photos from Mars!! 

GrahamS

I made the mistake of reading the comments under the NASA JPL highlight video of the InSight landing:

I’d say around half of them are people saying it is fake, NASA are satan, urf is flat, etc etc

I fear for humanity.

DezB
    Free Member

Read Adjustment Day by Chuck Palahniuk…. they’re gonna take over…

GrahamS

Is it any good? Seem to remember the reviews were a bit ropey.

(I’m a big fan of Fight Club but never read the book).

DezB
    Free Member

I’ve read all his books and it’s not his best, tbh 🙂 Ideas are pretty mental though.

GrahamS

First good images from the Instrument Context Camera (ICC) and Instrument Deployment Camera (IDC) are here:
    https://mars.nasa.gov/insight/multimedia/raw-images/

Looks like the vast majority of YouTube comments are now from people who think that NASA are frauds and that space is fake. What a time to be alive. The start of the new Dark Ages.

GrahamS

So I tried carefully explaining to some of the nutters that the reason we don’t have a live HD video stream from the InSight lander is because they only have an 8kbps link to it (i.e. about one-seventh the speed of an old dial-up modem).

This was my favourite response:

Silly me 🤪

sharkbait
    Free Member

Just… wow !

DezB
    Free Member

BBC4. 11:30 Storyville

root-n-5th
    Free Member

Just love that comment from Argentina. It’s got to be the priority though,
    hasn’t it? Can’t go colonising Mars if the internet connection is rubbish. Just imagine how long it would take to buffer Mars Attacks or 2001 at those speeds. Bloody NASA, forgetting the normal man.

What is the distance limit of a fibre connection? Might have to put in a repeater on the moon so it reaches.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Watch InSight Mars Landing Online live!!!!’ is closed to new replies.