Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Washing Machine Motor Brushes
  • dmorts

Thought our washing machine motor had died and needed replacing. Zanussi don’t list brushes as a replacement part when given the model number, so thought the whole motor needed changing.

Tipped it up and had a look. The brushes are worn right down and can be removed. Lots of parts looking exactly like them are available, including from Zanussi. The motor is made by Nidec Sole and the bushes are marked PA66-GF.

Any domestic appliance parts experts here? Should I go for the Zanussi ones? The originals gave nearly 8 years service, so ideally similar would be good.

martymac

I always go for standard parts for jobs like that, I remember doing the exact same thing on a washing machine, it wasn’t difficult, istr the brushes cost something like £3.66.
    And lasted about 5 years after that.

squirrelking
    Free Member

Same, for all the difference I’d just go with original.

tthew

I bought a set that looked ‘exactly the same’ once, but the plastic carriers were shorter. Still worked for a while but the brushes wore out fast because they stuck out further so I assume chattered around in use.

It’s an easy job though. E spares is a good supplier.

towzer

If there is no wear on the motor windings then go original, i managed to wear thru the windings by using eBay parts. (Which presumably were far too hard for the job)

dmorts

It’s all fixed now. Zanussi were useless. I searched their online parts catalogue, no match between the identical looking parts and my machine’s PNC number. PNC being the key to all spare parts it seems. I called their parts dept, no match with PNC. No surprise, they were doing the same search in the same catalogue. Emailed pictures as advised to the “technical” parts dept. No match …. because they were doing the same search in the catalogue with the PNC too.

Called a local parts supplier and they asked which motor it was. Yes, we have those in stock. Collected and fixed at lunch.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.