Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Wanted, Manitou Mezzer travel spacers
  • alan1977
    Free Member

any ideas where to get some in the UK? one of the german sites has them, but need a min order plus postage, failing that it appears to be ebay from America….
    Might try knocking something up as they only stop the fork from extending so doesn’t have to be too fancy..

zerocool

I think Hotlines are the distributor, have you contacted them? No idea if they actually carry spares or not.

alan1977
    Free Member

yer went to hotlines before for the manitou toolkit etc, basically pointed me to tftuned as i recall, and it was all special order and no benefit to not jsut buying from ebay from abroad..

ta11pau1

How many do you need? They come with zero spacers for 180mm, up to 4 spacers fitted for 140mm.

big_scot_nanny

Genuine check – do you actually need any extra? I seem to remember the forks come at 180mm and changing to anything lower either removes spacers or shuffled them above/below the piston, no?

Fairly sure you get what you need from the get go, but I could be very wrong, and possibly confused with mastodons that I also have.

ta11pau1

I seem to remember the forks come at 180mm and changing to anything lower either removes spacers or shuffled them above/below the piston, no?

Not quite, they come with 4x in a bag with grease, none fitted as stock @ 180mm. They go above the bottom out bumper & washer for 10mm reduction work each one.

I reckon it’s something that could easily be 3d printed, they could probably be a different design to the originals as all they have to do is act as a spacer…

alan1977
    Free Member

they are an ebay buy, so not expecting more than the 1 fitted (170mm)
    im actually going to drop to 130mm on them
    short story, been riding my 130mm hardtail for ages….. hopped on my bird with 160mm mattocs.. and remembered how good they were.. so the mezzers are going on the hardtail

alan1977
    Free Member

i was actually thinking about cutting a tubular spacer in half and cable tying it back in place around the shaft perhaps..

ta11pau1

Pretty sure 140mm is the shortest they go, you’ll need 3x extra spacers for that.

andyrm
    Free Member

I’m about to switch my 160s to 180, you’re welcome to my spacers if you want to pay postage. Planning to strip the fork over the weekend 👍

alan1977
    Free Member

only specced to 140, no reason they cant go to gravel travel ranges.. only exception being the hydraulic bottom out in the last 30mm in theory, i don’t think the damper cares were it is in it’s travel apart from that

alan1977
    Free Member

cheers Andy, would that be just the two or do you have a full set available?

poah
    Free Member

You can fit the mattoc ones as well. both are 10mm and fit the shaft but they clip together differently. I used mezzer and mattoc ones to put a mattoc down to 100mm. IVA clips are the same as well.

andyrm
    Free Member

I’m almost certain there’s another set in my spares box, so enough to get my 180s down to 150mm, so assuming you’ve hot at least one more set, you’re good for 140mm. I’ll have a look tomorrow and confirm 👍

neilc
    Free Member

It’s possible to just screw on a shock pump, drop them to the desired travel and unscrew the pump again. I’ve taken to doing that so I can set them to full travel for stupid stuff or a bit shorter for normal riding without having to take them apart on a semi regular basis. Haven’t noticed any performance issues, but I’m pretty unfussy about how my forks are set up

alan1977
    Free Member

@andyrm

did you have any luck mate? definitely interested
    thanks

andyrm
    Free Member

Well reminded! Will pop out yo the shed at lunchtime and confirm 👍

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.