Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Wanted Giant Talon 3 2020 (XL 27.5 spec)
  • bentandbroken

@mods – I Hope this is allowed, please feel free to delete if it is not!

I am trying to get a new bike for my son. Halfords didn’t have the Carerra he wanted so browsing around we found a good review for the Giant Talon 3 2020 in XL with 27.5″ wheels. but I cant find any retailers with stock who are open and prepared to ship a bike to Dorset.

If there are any Giant Dealers (or anyone else with insider knowledge) on here who can help, please PM me!

Thanks

munrobiker
    Free Member

Edinburgh Bike Co-op are showing availability in 3-5 days – my suspicion is that they won’t keep an XL version of that bike in stock but Giant themselves will have plenty at their HQ. The Bike Coop are still delivering. I recommend you give them a call and they’ll be able to check the Giant dealer website which shows their current stock levels then and there so you’ll know if you can get one or not.

slackboy

You could try the stores listed as having stock on giant website

https://www.giant-bicycles.com/gb/talon-3-2020

Only 3 showing stock though for XL.

Is your son really that tall? XL would normally be for 6ft 2 +

munrobiker
    Free Member

I wondered that too – just how tall is he?

bentandbroken

Thanks for the replies so far.

Before posting I used the giant website and phoned the ‘nearest’ three stockist showing availability (closest one being 166 miles away), but none of them had one in stock and two confirmed that the Giant Website was showing none in the warehouse.

As for how tall? Very! At least compared to me. He is 6’ 3” (or was when I last measured him) and his current Large bike (too big for me) is maxes out on seat post etc and he can still sit on the seat and stand flat footed on the floor :-/

I was hoping to buy him his first ever new bike This summer (I’m a tight get), but he is loving getting out on the bike at the moment so I thought I would bring it forward….

stox
    Free Member

Peddlers cycles (local to me) In redcar are showing an XL in stock.

They are operating – my wife is waiting for a call to collect a bike from them.

bentandbroken

Peddlers was was one of the shops I called this morning. They sold it yesterday 🙁

stox
    Free Member

What are the chances!!
    It’d be worth ringing /emailing Westbrook cycles in stokesley. They’re a Giant dealer and a Great bunch of lads… if they can’t help .. nobody can 🙂

slackboy

if you are having no luck, then vitus bikes are also worth a look. The one below is in a 29er but at 6’3″ bigger wheels will be no issue.

https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/vitus-nucleus-29-vr-bike-altus-2×9-2020/rp-prod181494

munrobiker
    Free Member

That Vitus is also likely to be a better bike than the Talon – Talons were excellent when they first came out but the Vitus is more of a “real” mountain bike.

bentandbroken

Thanks again, I do appreciate all comments/feedback.

As for the Vitus, I agree it is more of a MTB , but it is nearly 25% more expensive and we live in Dorset where it is pretty difficult to find a mountain 😉

However, as it is his first new bike I am also trying to let him choose and he wants to choose based on colour (because he does not really have enough experience to pick based on anything else…)

And finally, getting anything that is;
    A) In Stock
    B) Available for delivery
    C) The right kind of price
    Seems to be the real challenge…

ElShalimo

Have you looked on Paul’s Cycles for an alternative? They’ve usually got some great deals

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Wanted Giant Talon 3 2020 (XL 27.5 spec)’ is closed to new replies.