Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Want to spend a penny on Ryanair? That’ll be a quid, please…
  • RudeBoy
    Free Member

Ryanair mulls charge for toilets

Is it just me, or does that Michael O’Leary really need a slap?

uplink
    Free Member

Someone on this thread from earlier in the week mentioned it
    http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/ryanair-does-nothing-now#post-142667

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Well, I din’t know that. But what a cheek. I hope Ryanair aren’t allowed to introduce this. utterly stupid. What if you have a bladder/bowel problem, and need to visit a toilet frequently? Or pregnant women? Or simply don’t have change on you? Are they going to actually refuse someone use of the loo, simply because they don’t have a pound? I don’t even think that’s legally viable.

Michael O’Leary definitely deserves a slap. Going on about how you’d have to pay to use toilets at Liverpool St or wherever; it’s 20p, and there are other options nearby, which are free, and the attendants will let you in, if you are skint and desperate. I think they have to, actually. No such options at 30,000 feet.

donald
    Free Member

Pay as you go?

dave_aber
    Free Member

Pish on the seats. They’ll soon open the bogs for free.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Deposit in the sick bag. Just smile when you hand it in 😀

miketually
    Free Member

Don’t fly with Ryan Air?

HeatherBash
    Free Member

Saw it this morning – he ran rings round that pair. Makes that other irritating self publicist Branson look like a convent school nun…

Soup
    Free Member

They might make money on people going to the bog, but their drink sales will plummet.

BigDummy
    Free Member

Charges for use of toilets annoy me in any context. I prefer people to use toilets than not. It is one of the achievements of our civilisation that raw sewage is not a major feature of public life. If keeping it that way means that someone picks up the bill for toilets to be free at the point of use then that is just the price of a world free of the stench of human waste.

mboy
    Free Member

All this talk of costing a pound to “spend a penny”… How much are they planning on charging to drop the kids off at the pool though? I’m wondering if the toilet doors will be on a coin operated meter, like some electricity meters, where once your pound expires the door pops open for all to see you, trousers round ankles, grimace on face curling one out!

😕

crazy-legs

Yeah, I heard about it weeks ago from a mate who works for Ryanair. I’m not sure what to think of them really. As a business, it regularly wins awards and it’s one of the busiest (and most profitable) airlines in Europe. O’Leary is a really good businessman and a breath of fresh air in these politically correct times for just cutting through the crap and saying what he thinks. He’s still a cock though…

Imagine a decade ago telling someone that you’d soon be able to fly to Eastern Europe for £15 return all in, they’d have put you away in a padded cell!

willard

Mmmmmm. I see an opportunity selling Adult incontipants at the airports they land in.

pee-tastic!

BigDummy
    Free Member

There are automated public toilets in London where the door opens after 15 minutes or something. I think it’s to make sure that gentlemanly love is kept brief and to the point.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Dont ryanair only do short flights? Dont think I’ve ever been to the loo on a plane.

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member
    woody2000

I reckon he was taking the p*ss (sorry), he had a sly little grin on his face as he was saying it. It’s great (free) publicity for him, so why not fuel the fire a bit?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

hora
    Free Member

This is a joke right? Seriously? What next? You pay for heating or a seat ‘with a view’?

Honestly, this is a joke? Its an awful PR disaster if they leaked this to see the reaction.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

In the light of the remarks yesterday about the non-heroic pilot of the A320 in the Hudson, perhaps they should levy a non-crash charge for those flights that manage to land successfully ?

tannoy: “Bing-bong. Will all living passengers please queue at the reception desk to pay their survival tariff?”

donald
    Free Member

from b3ta.com (nsfw)

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Want to spend a penny on Ryanair? That’ll be a quid, please…’ is closed to new replies.