Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Want to lose yourself for a while (remote cabin content)
  • rOcKeTdOg

Slightly obsessed by this guy & his wife (she has her own channel too)

Andy_Sweet
    Free Member

Watched that the other night and enjoyed it

trail_rat
    Free Member

Would love to live in a country where that is feasable.

Read a book by someone who tbh did it for all the wrong reasons and selfishly but ended up being a good read as by the end of the book he had come to that realisation.

Call of the wild my escape to Alaska by guy Grieve.

His wife was incredibly patient. Lucky man

matt_outandabout

Call of the wild my escape to Alaska by guy Grieve.

A very good read.

karlp
    Free Member

Nice that, thx.

MoreCashThanDash

I love those sort of videos, and ones where the restore old tools/weapons etc. Maybe it’s because I’m not very “handy” myself, maybe I’m naturally lazy ands just like watching other people work.

I think with cabin/shed builds it’s because I know that with a bit of study and planning, and some fairly basic but decent tools, then I could probably build something fairly similar.

sunnrider
    Free Member

I saw this a week or two ago, the YT algorithm is really working out for them. He makes it look so simple, and I know I’d still eff it up

dovebiker

Looking forward to seeing Rocketdog’s attempts at cabin building in the Lickey Hills 😉

thegeneralist
    Free Member

Absolutely fabulous.
    Made me feel warm and fuzzy, and also pretty inadequate.

Top quality

rOcKeTdOg

Looking forward to seeing Rocketdog’s attempts at cabin building in the Lickey Hills 😉

Hung the door on it today 😀

joshvegas
    Free Member

Would love to live in a country where that is feasable.

Scotland has its hutting laws. Of which I will be making use of.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Scotland has its hutting laws. Of which I will be making use of.

Hutting laws are Not all that much help unless you have some land or find someone who’s willing to rent you some remote land….. neither are commonly up for grabs and less so there’s not much truely remote places on this island due to population density.

/Cynic What the hutting laws do is make it easier for the landed gentry to draw more money out their land./cynic

trail_rat
    Free Member

Also check out ravens house cabin co on Instagram

And for that cabin feel ….there’s a place built along those lines and for rent on air BnB on a farm between laggan and Newtonmore looking out over catlodge. I can’t find any photos of it on the internet right now that show it in its glory but it’s propper big timber and osb. The folks that built it had skills

Found it

Go on Google maps and look up crofthouse at the round house. They have built an eco round house out of natural materials and off-grid as well. Interesting folks .

dave661350

Lengthy but the lad is a genius

johnners
    Free Member

I’ve checked my wee garden and tbh I’m struggling to find somewhere for my hut near a tree where the land falls away leaving clear views to the horizon. I’ll keep looking.

Klunk
    Free Member

you could build it my garden if you like cos I couldn’t afford it. (though you may need to smash down a fence and hack down a hedge for a view assuming the housing association allowed it)

matt_outandabout

Some more for you delectation.

(Watch Beau’s other stuff, the guy is a legend)

mariner
    Free Member

The Wood Butchers Art is worth a look through if you are not prone to shed envy.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Want to lose yourself for a while (remote cabin content)’ is closed to new replies.