Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Wahoo Kickr worth the upgrade up from Core?
  • tmr1980
    Free Member

Interested to hear views on whether the latest Kickr is worth the investment over the core from those that have used both?

whatgoesup

Given that this is STW, I’ll both ignore your original question and recommend what I’ve got.

The Saris H3 seems to be very much on a par with the Kickr – arguably better in some respects, and is mid-way in price between the Kickr and Core – worth a look.

I have just swapped to one from an Elite Drivo, and it’s much better. Pretty much silent – to the extent that I’m now noticing drivetrain noise and the speed of reaction to load in ERG mode plus load stability is massively improved.

rhorn
    Free Member

Another shout for the Saris H3, bought one in November as no Kickr-Core’s in stock at the time. Very happy with it.

v7fmp

I have had a kickr Core for two years now and cant fault it. I am not sure what the more expensive kickr would give you, other than a higher watt reading, assuming you are hitting 1800 watts or close to.

Is there a reason you are thinking of upgrading?

MSP

iirc the full fat core has a heavier flywheel for supposedly improved “realism” and auto calibration. I have had the core since it was released, and I am not sure that I would realy noticed the larger flywheel, and never bother calibrating it either so I wouldn’t upgrade but may consider the full fat, or even the wahoo bike when it starts to die.

I guess it depends if you are using it as a serious training tool, or just a good way to get some saddle time and keep bike fitness when time and/or weather prevents you getting outdoors.

trailwagger
    Free Member

whether the latest Kickr is worth the investment over the core

NO, not if you already have the core.

feed

I upgraded a few months back (not from a Core) and was deciding between the Core and full V5 Kickr. Went for the full Kickr in the end but not for obvious reasons. The floor in my shed is a tad unlevel so the legs on the Kickr suit better, also have to move it around a fair bit so having the handle is good and the fold in legs allow it to pack away a bit neater. Also though, as I’m not planning on changing again, I just thought I’d spend the extra ‘few’ quid.

Is it worth the extra money? probably not. Do I regret buying the Kickr over the core? Nope

Was thinking at one stage of buying a Kickr Climb, glad I didn’t follow through on that idea 🙂

13thfloormonk

iirc the full fat core has a heavier flywheel for supposedly improved “realism”

No experience with either Kickr or any smart turbo for that matter, but I do look for bigger/heavier flywheels in my dumb turbos, supposedly better for knees if nothing else.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Wahoo Kickr worth the upgrade up from Core?’ is closed to new replies.