Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Wahoo KICKR Core, trainer bike, Campy, and my lack of knowledge
  • krixmeister

I have a KICKR Core, and tired of using my road bike as my training bike I bought a cheap used “trainer bike” off eBay. I was just buying to a budget, so the bike I purchased has old Campy 9 speed.

I’ve only now realised that a) a Campy cassette won’t fit my Core, b) there is a Campy freehub available for the Core but it costs almost as much as I spent on the trainer bike, and c) it’s possible that a 9 speed cassette (Shimano or Campy) won’t work on the Core anyway.

My questions are:
    A) Can you fit a 9 speed Campy cassette on a newer Campy freehub? From some internet reading this may not be possible?

B) Can you fit a Shimano 9 speed cassette on a 10/11 speed freehub, and if so is the spacing close enough to work for Campy 9 speed shifters/derailleur? If so, this would seem to be the best option.

C) Or should I just bight the bullet, sell this trainer bike, and save up for a used trainer bike With 10 speed Shimano?

b1gf00t
    Free Member

I bought the Kickr Campagnolo freehub for my Core only to discover that the newer Kickr’s including the Core have a larger freehub size for which there is no Kickr Campagnolo freehub that fits.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Plenty folk running 9speed Shimano cassettes on 9speed campag shiffters and mechs.

The difference in pull is 1.68mm across the range

For a turbo bike that’s the way I’d go first and try it so it’s by far the cheapest way to head.

Ladders
    Free Member

I’m using a 10spd Shimano with my Campag bike and works fine

Poopscoop

Doesnt a 9 speed Shimano cassette work on the Core then?

mashr

Bear in mind that you only really need one gear that works

TiRed

Jtek shiftmate will allow you to run campaign 9 speed shifters and a Shimano 9 speed cassette. Other options are to buy a Miche campaign cassette and use the spacers.

Shiftmate

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Wahoo KICKR Core, trainer bike, Campy, and my lack of knowledge’ is closed to new replies.