• This topic has 102 replies, 60 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by Kuco.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 103 total)
  • Vulcan farewell tour – this weekend!
  • lerk
    Free Member

NORTHERN ROUTE: – SATURDAY 10th OCTOBER.
    North map
    https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=zJoGZd3-Qg5U.k9_QAWQWnmes
    CLICK THE MAP & SCROLL (OR PINCH OUT & IN) FOR MORE DETAILS

Amongst the places being visited on this route:
    Gainsborough, Brough, Menwith Hill, Leeming, Durham Tees Airport*, Newcastle Airport*, Eshott Airfield, Alnwick, East Fortune, Carlisle Airport, Bowness on Windermere, Warton, Chadderton, Manchester Airport*, Woodford, RAF Cosford, East Midlands Airport* and Derby.

SOUTHERN ROUTE: – SUNDAY 11th OCTOBER.
    South map
    https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=zJoGZd3-Qg5U.k3u8IUZTll6M

CLICK THE MAP & SCROLL (OR PINCH OUT & IN) FOR MORE DETAILS

Amongst the places being visited on this route:
    RAF Waddington, Rutland Water, North Weald Airfield, Gravesend, Herne Bay, Manston, Dover, Ashford, Dunsfold, Farnborough, Middle Wallop, Old Sarum, Bristol Airport*, Filton, Cardiff Airport*, St. Athan, Staverton Glos Airport, RAF Brize Norton*, Wellesbourne, Bruntingthorpe and Newark.

*Passes at certain airports will be dependent on ATC clearances at the time of arrival.

Times have yet to be confirmed and will be published in our newsletter on Friday, but the flights are expected to start after lunch each day. Check these maps nearer the days to see approximate times (from take-off) in the details and we will also advise latest developments over social media in the next 48 hours.

slimjim78
    Free Member

Bloody thing is having about six thousand farewell flights

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

According to the map It’ll be flying right over the top of the prison I work at, I start work at 13.30 on Saturday so need to keep an eye on exact times if I can!

Did I mention that I saw a Vulcan crash on 7th January 1971 then saw a four Vulcan scramble at RAF Finningley in September 1977?

wrightyson
    Free Member

Flying very close to us and near a great Valley on the way to work 10 mins from home. Looking forward to the times being released.

hora
    Free Member

Evenin’. Tick – thank you 🙂

muddodger
    Free Member

Thanks – Tees Valley airport for me 😀

aracer
    Free Member

Still not coming that near here – I missed the local airshow – last time I saw it was almost directly overhead my house. I guess I’ll have to make a trip out if I want to see it again.

jekkyl

Can. I have the original link please op so I can share it without linking to a cycle forum. Thanks.

Bregante

That Northern route map is wrong somehow. The wording on the map indicates that it will fly over Chadderton (understandable because of the old AVRoe/BAE factory which is there) but whoever plotted that route has placed Chadderton somewhere above Peel Green in Eccles – a good 15 miles away.

As it’s only a few months since it flew over Barton, I’m going to guess that the wording is right but the plotting is wrong.

lerk
    Free Member

That was copied from an email, you should be able to just c&p it again!

hammerite
    Free Member

Circled over my house about 8 times on Sunday. Cue practically everyone I know in my village plastering photos all over Facebook.

mrchrispy

Anyone with a good tip on a place to spot it over Manchester then?

I reckon Alderley maybe a good bet, might catch it and it turns over woodford and heads over into cheshire.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Any idea of timing yet?, like what time is it flying over Wetherby to be precise!

ccmurray

Bregante – Member

That Northern route map is wrong somehow. The wording on the map indicates that it will fly over Chadderton (understandable because of the old AVRoe/BAE factory which is there) but whoever plotted that route has placed Chadderton somewhere above Peel Green in Eccles – a good 15 miles away.

As it’s only a few months since it flew over Barton, I’m going to guess that the wording is right but the plotting is wrong.

Bregante: I don’t know if you’ve noticed or not, but on their Twitter feed they say:

Please note: We can confirm that XH558 IS NOT overflying Chadderton tomorrow. The route was changed to take in Barton ahead of Woodford.

chorlton
    Free Member

It’s going to fly over Gisburn forest. I know where I’m riding tomorrow.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Ffs will someone post some idea of timings!

curvature
    Free Member

If you read the entire posting on the Vulcan site you will see that the timings are all based on departure time.

They don’t know what time it is taking off but on the map it lists times such 160minutes after take off. I will therefore be at Cosford to view 160 minutes after it takes off.

Yorkshire Airshow a couple of weeks ago

[url=https://flic.kr/p/zB9e76]Untitled[/url] by

scandal42
    Free Member

Superb, think ill do the ticknall loop tomorrow then and catch it on its way into east midlands.

theotherjonv

Puttenham Common at T+80 minutes for me on Sunday.

Now to find out what T is.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Why is it so hard to find departure times?

Best I can see from their website is ‘afternoon’

curvature
    Free Member

Flight times get released via Twitter and Facebook as the day goes on

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

They do, but the nearest fly by point to me is about a 30min drive away, and seeing as though it gets to Menwith Hill 15mins after take off, would mean I would be 15 mins late.

Plus would be nice to be able to plan my day

hora
    Free Member

Does anyone know the approx times for today

wrightyson
    Free Member

It is a bit rubbish to be fair. A rough estimate would be ideal. I can’t even find the +minutes after take off guide for the waypoints. Any ideas?

allthepies
    Free Member

Clicking on the waypoints works for me.

drewd

It is a bit rubbish to be fair. A rough estimate would be ideal. I can’t even find the +minutes after take off guide for the waypoints. Any ideas?

Click on the waypoint and a popup appears on the left with the +minutes.

curvature
    Free Member

They are normally pretty good with their Twitter feed as it takes several hours to get the aircraft ready so their feed is normally active several hours prior to take off at which point they normally post estimated take off times.

MrSparkle

Been told 13:00 take off time.

vondally
    Free Member

Can anyone help the IT illiterate here please… What time for north of clitheroe?

chorlton
    Free Member

+100 minutes for Clitheroe. So 2.40 ish, maybe, possibly.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

From their FB page

stumpy01

Hmmm. Going over Rutland Water at +15 on Sun. Just need to find out what time it starts from & whether I can sneak out the house – got niece and he bloke coming round for lunch, so probably won’t make it…

Drac

Going to wander into town later and get some pics if I remember to charge my camera.

vondally
    Free Member

Thanks

LadyGresley
    Free Member

Official twitter feed now says initial departure time is 1pm.

simondbarnes

Going to head down the road and up a hill on my e-bike later to see if I can catch a glimpse of it between Warton & Barton 🙂

MrSparkle

You’ll probably be able to ride ahead of it.

simondbarnes

Hey 🙂

mrchrispy

/fistbumps MrSparkle

deadkenny
    Free Member

Times for Sunday added.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 103 total)

The topic ‘Vulcan farewell tour – this weekend!’ is closed to new replies.