• This topic has 7,395 replies, 232 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by WillH.
Viewing 40 posts - 6,121 through 6,160 (of 7,396 total)
  • 2015-16 rugby, world cup year
  • DanW
    Free Member

Fine besides the block and double movement :/

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

France look puffed already!

molgrips
    Free Member

My wife asked how the refs decide what colours to wear. Then we noticed they are sponsored by Emirates, which doesn’t seem to tie in with anything else. But the officials all have the same Emirates tops. So do they have their own deal? Don’t think poite or whatever his name was in the Wales was wearing this same shirt.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Refs wear a shirt that is significantly different from the shirts worn by both teams. So, if one team is in red, the ref probably won’t wear orange. If one team is in dark blue, he refused won’t wear black, etc.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

mol, they used to wear the shirt of the country they came from. If you look back to old 5N games, you’ll see the two teams and then one other guy who looks like he’s got lost on the way to one of the other games. That’ll be the ref. But otherwise, what O’Flashearty said for modern day shirts – there will be a set of colours for refs and they’ll be chosen according to what teams are playing.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Respect the kicker….
    French ****!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

That ship sailed years ago wrightyson. There’s even a bit of booing in Dublin these days – and that was the last bastion of silence for kicks (although still maintained in Thomond Park – if you’ve ever heard of it). So shut your whinging up and get with the program. 🙂

tinybits
    Free Member

No worse than the Scots

molgrips
    Free Member

Re the colours, that’s sensible, but what about the sponsors? Not sponsored by RBS.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

They’d wear ISIS on the shirts if they paid enough money. Doesn’t really matter.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Sorry dd, I’m sure I saw it on the bill boards the other week. Anyway cmon England as it’s not allowed on any other threads!

wrightyson
    Free Member

However it would appear my half time stw check in is being plagued by “respect the **** maserati”

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

😆

(Don’t mention that on this thread! It’ll be closed.)

dantsw13

So, France have turned up this week 🙁

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Still think England will do it. France are coughing up possession constantly. Losing attacking lineouts in the manner they have is suicidal.

duckman

tinybits – Member
    No worse than the Scots

POSTED 29 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST
    As opposed to that bastion of polite behaviour( and fans calling Owens a “poof” and the local residents asking for changes to licensing during games) Twickenham?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I dunno duckers, I stopped worrying about all the shite at the grounds a while back. There’s a bit of it everywhere these days. It’s not going to stop anytime soon.

duckman

Agreed,Lezzer and the Munsters are exceptions. But points scoring by members of the self styled master race?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Back to the rugby……

Squeakybumtime for England yet?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Ouch. Kiwi down.

Hope it’s nothing more than being just out cold. 😐

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Ooof…great tactic that chop tackle isn’t it?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

To be fair to the Scots and the Irish, they managed to scrummage quite well. The scrummaging in this game has been a joke.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Well done England. Well deserved Grand Slam!

wrecker
    Free Member

Hello everyone. I do hope you enjoyed that. England fans are rejoicing. Thought you’d want to know

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Bravo, England. Well earned!

dantsw13

Great to see England making turnovers all game!

Well done lads – win in Paris! Not a classic, but I don’t really care.

dantsw13

French defence was fierce today. We looked pedestrian at times, but hell, we still scored 3 tries!

Good to see Hartley up & about too.

gordimhor

Well done England best team over the whole competition

wrightyson
    Free Member

Aa aah piss off to the nay sayers!!!

molgrips
    Free Member

Definitely the best side won, much as it pains me to admit.

dantsw13

I think next years competition will be a good one. Wales & Ireland starting to play more, Scotland improving and France too.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

France coughed up way too much possession out there today – turnovers galore and their line-out was very poor, but England were by far the better side out there and possibly should have won it by more.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Good to see Hartley up & about too.

Yep. Nice to see the French players asking if he was OK, too.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Is Farrell doing his interview in a Vic Reeves club style?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

And, fair play to Hartley. He shouldn’t be walking around after that knock to the head. Seems to have grown into his job and behaved himself very well over the championship.

DanW
    Free Member

Best team did indeed win, congratulations.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Cheer up lads…there’s always next year. 😀

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

And, fair play to Hartley. He shouldn’t be walking around after that knock to the head. Seems to have grown into his job and behaved himself very well over the championship.

This pains me for two reasons.

One, I’m agreeing with Dai Darcy.
    Two, it means I’ve got to praise Hartley.

😉

Pigface
    Free Member

Congratulations england

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Two, it means I’ve got to praise Hartley.

Ah look, I was dubious about the choice of him for captain, but not much we can say now is there? Unless he goes and does a naughty for Saints at some stage, after which we can all jump on the haterz bandwagon again.

Viewing 40 posts - 6,121 through 6,160 (of 7,396 total)

The topic ‘2015-16 rugby, world cup year’ is closed to new replies.