Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Vuelta a Espana 2020 (spoilers)
  • Klunk
    Free Member

Froome loses more than 11 mins on opening stage !!!!

I guess he rides for Carapaz now.

weeksy

Well he looked like he was trying to keep up with Carapaz so I’m not sure he’ll be a lot of use to him.

Damn shame

theotherjonv

I hope Israel Start Up Nation paid his contract on a credit card rather than PP Gift.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

lost most of it in the last 10km, when he pulled the plug on the descent,

bjj.andy.w
    Free Member

Early days but good to see Hugh Carthy up there. Heard on the local grapevine that
    EF pro are pushing him for GC in this race.

tpbiker
    Free Member

I’d like to see froome back to his best, but it looks like he’s got not much left nowadays. His body must have healed since the crash as much as it’s going to, so I can’t see him getting much better next year.

Kryton57

Froome is healing, hasn’t ridden a grand tour for a very long time and is exiting Ineos.  Carapaz is on form, has recently won stages and has a future ahead of him. It’s not a like for like comparison.   Froome would have lost a lot of fitness lying around in bed of the kind that takes a fair while to rebuild.

Likely Froome is hear as a Domestic finding out his shape, using the opportunity to know what a GT feels likes again and what needs to be done over winter at ISN.

bob_summers

Surreal, it passed my house yesterday but I’m in the middle of a ten day self isolation. Vaguely remember hearing a helicopter, but Wasn’t til Jr came home from school and told me they were let out to cheer the riders on that I realised…

Klunk
    Free Member

Froome, for all intend and purposes, sat up with 40 km to go.

Klunk
    Free Member

and Carapaz has attacked on the flat !? :/

scaredypants

LL cool-J going for it ?!

Klunk
    Free Member

fun descent

slowpuncheur
    Free Member

Another good ride by Carthy. I thought he rode the stage really well. He knows Spain well having ride with Caja Rural before EF. With Knox and TGH doing well at the Giro and Pidcock storming the baby giro its been a good year for the younger Brits so far.

spekkie
    Free Member

I’m happy to say that after a couple of rainy days, we have clear blue skies from horizon to horizon at the moment!

If it lasts all day then later on you will get to see Ainsa and the surrounding areas in all their Autumn beauty 🙂

Fingers crossed that it lasts . . . . .

spekkie
    Free Member

Just catching up with the latest news and I see that La Vuelta will not be crossing the border into France tomorrow. . . . . so the Col du Tourmalet is out of the picture.

https://www.lavuelta…-formigal/22477

The new route for Stage 6 has been released and it is almost an exact copy of Stage 15 from 2016 – except that they start in Biescas then head down to Sabiñanigo (last time they started in Sabiñanigo) and do a loop through Fiscal, Broto, Biescas and finish up with the climb to Formigal.

Can’t have been easy wanting to close down towns at short notice – some of these roads/towns will now be closed two days running – but at least the road condition will be good because they are re-riding some of todays route.

It’s perfect for us because we can now see tomorrows Stage 6 really easily. I am as happy as a sandboy!

🙂

stevious

Well now the Giro is over I’ve now got the mental space to consider the Vuelta again, and it’s shaping up to be a decent race so far,

I do hope that yesterday’s stage winner doesn’t test positive today though:

winston
    Free Member

Has anyone found out why Sepp Kuss and the rest of the JV team were MIA yetsrday? Also I don’t buy that ‘jacket malfunction’ from Roglic

Klunk
    Free Member

should be a fun finish today

<iframe style=”width:100%;height:450px;” src=”https://veloviewer.com/segments/6797837/embed&#8221; frameborder=”0″ scrolling=”no”></iframe>

spekkie
    Free Member

I’ve posted some pics from the weekend in our thread “buying-and-renovating-a-rural-property-on-the-spanish-side-of-the-pyrenees”

It was nice to see the teams in action!

Kryton57

Has anyone found out why Sepp Kuss and the rest of the JV team were MIA yetsrday?

The way Wednesday stage played out it seems as though they may have come to an alliance with Movistar, and we’re having a rest.  Movistar did some unwarranted early pulls and then JV hit the slopes catapulting Roglic up the leaderboard a little.  Carapac is going to need to have a very good weekend to win this if that’s the case.

Klunk
    Free Member

take a bow Mr Carthy, that has to be the most brutal climb in bike racing!!!

dave661350

I was trying to think of a harder climb…but couldn’t. Stunning, when the helicopter sat off and you saw the whole climb.

beej

I was convinced he would be the first to be dropped,so I was very impressed with what he did. It wasn’t one of those mountain wins from a small break either, he dropped the top GC riders.

I quite like the way he fights the bike too, he must have been putting out some serious watts up the last steep sections. The next Froome?

sparksmcguff

Carthy looked angry crossing the line. It was like he’d bottled a years worth of frustration and used it to power himself away to win.
    Mark Donovan, where did he appear from? James Knox has had a fair season to boot. Must be something in the water in the north west.

slowoldman

An amazing stage on which to take your first win.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Vuelta a Espana 2020 (spoilers)’ is closed to new replies.