Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Vitus from wiggle, is it tubeless?
  • edhornby

I have a vitus energie and it has 38mm cross style tyres on as it came out of the box. I was going to put slicks on because it will be a commuter bike but the tyre seemed to have some kind of adhesive stuff in the bead and its a tubeless ready rim. didn’t want to splurt the fluid all over the kitchen so just pumped back up.

do wiggle send out bikes set up tubeless? seems unlikely but not impossible in this case… have asked wiggle and not got an answer.

mashr

My Energie had tubes in when it was delivered, however if its the i23 rims and Cross Boss tyres prepare yourself for a sizeable fight getting them off.

leahnp
    Free Member

I was about to post the same as I was going to switch mine out for Schwalbe x ones

leahnp
    Free Member

I just got off the chat with Wiggle and they are set up tubeless ready, I was warned that they will take a bit of leverage to get them off

mashr

they are set up tubeless ready

In other words, they have tubes in but can be converted?

The leverage is nothing to do with them being tubeless ready btw, it’s just a horrendous rim-tyre interface. I had to eng up forcing a screw driver between the tyre and rim, then turn it to pop the tyre over the lip. Couldn’t get any of my other techniques to make an impact

edhornby

cheers all – one for another day when I’m not dependant on commuting the next morning if it goes to pot !

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Vitus from wiggle, is it tubeless?’ is closed to new replies.