Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Vittoria Open Pave for Bridleways?
  • Kryton57

Will they be OK or would I be better getting to Panaracer Gravel kings for the occasional double track / bridleway stint?

I have a pair of the former, would need to buy the latter.

kilo

Wife has them on her road bike, very nice tyres but I would say not for bridle ways / off road

TiRed

Schwalbe G One Speeds. Have both. I use Paves for training on the fixed wheel. Not a lot of tread in 25c. Lovely tyres though. I road raced them over a winter series.

curto80
    Free Member

I have some gravel kings i intended to use as a stop gap waiting for my Barlow Pass to turn up. They got fitted and used on one 50km road ride and then the Barlow Pass arrived early. So you can have the pair for £40 posted if you want them.

alanf
    Free Member

I wouldn’t put them in the off road category. They were great on the Flandrian cobbles but that’s not really off-road. They don’t really have a tread, it’s more a tiny diamond pattern that’s not quite smooth. I’d go for something more off-road mixed surface than the Paves. Great tyres for road though.

alanf
    Free Member

Doh: Double post!

amedias
    Free Member

If it’s dry you don’t need tread, and some bridleways are smoother than some roads so it’s very much a case of ‘it depends’. However, you’ll probbaly be surprised what you can ride on a pair of ‘road’ tyres with a bit of care and finesse.

Only you (and possibly Smarties) will know the answer for sure based on where you’re riding.

scandal42
    Free Member

How good are Gravel Kings on the road and on Gravel tracks?

Would they be any quicker on the road than Clement Xplor’s?

Must admit I can’t really feel any drag but just wondering if the GK are better all-rounders?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

How about….

fudge9202
    Free Member

Based on this I have a pair of Gravel kings arriving this morning to go on my new Cannondale CAADX

http://road.cc/content/review/227022-panaracer-gravelking-sk-tyre

bikebouy
    Free Member

I’d say no.

What gap do you have on fork crown/rear stays ? If you can get 33C’s in then Challenge Almanzos.

fudge9202
    Free Member

I looked at the Challenge Almanzos similar tread pattern but extortionate prices so opted for the Panaracer Gravelking for £55 posted with a discount code. Not ridden yet obviously so can’t comment on them but reviews are favourable. Btw got the lovely tan wall ones!

bikebouy
    Free Member

Anything with a needle type tread is good, tan walls just makes them betterer…

But I’m a Challenge fanbouy, so that’s where I roll.

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

What width?

eddie11
    Free Member

absolutely not

and they aren’t available anymore.

eddie11
    Free Member

oh my first double post. what a proud moment. 🙂

jkomo

Vittoria voyager from px, were about £14 each in 35mm width.
    They do fine on bridleway.
    http://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/TYVIVOHY/vittoria-voyager-hyper-folding-tyre
    Edit £20

curto80
    Free Member

28mm

H1ghland3r
    Free Member

eddie11 – Member
    absolutely not

Dammit, was just about to ask where everyone is getting these elusive Open Pave’s as I thought they were no longer made. Loved that tyre… 🙁

darrell
    Free Member

same as above, open pave are not for bridleways

they would last about 100km before being worn out

rOcKeTdOg

So you can have the pair for £40 posted if you want them.

Tan wall?

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

Ok, I’ll pass – was looking to go a bit wider than the 30s I have on my bike just now

anagallis_arvensis

absolutely not

I bought some from wiggle a month or so back. Did the white roafs classic sportive with them. It has off road sections along the ridgeway. It was dry, they were fine no punctures either. For what the op suggests they would be ok. Lovely road tyre too.

eddie11
    Free Member

absolutely not

I bought some from wiggle a month or so back. Did the white roafs classic sportive with them. It has off road sections along the ridgeway. It was dry, they were fine no punctures either. For what the op suggests they would be ok. Lovely road tyre too.

so they are! where have they got those from? not in green wall though which is a shame

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Vittoria Open Pave for Bridleways?’ is closed to new replies.