Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Vitality Life Insurance/Fitness Rewards – anyone tried it?
  • deadlydarcy
    Free Member

With impending re-mortgaging, etc…I’m increasing my Life Cover – obviously, with following various running related accounts on Twitter, Facebook etc, and being a parkrunner, I keep hearing about how signing up to Vitality through Fitness Rewards is a no-brainer if you’re active – i.e. do plenty of running (which I do) and cycling (which I’ve started again) and swimming (which I don’t do much of but am trying to learn to do properly). 40% off a Garmin Device (that’s Garmin shop price – but still significantly cheaper than Amazon etc) on sign-up or Apple Watch 3 (normally deposit plus x monthly payments, which with enough activities you can reduce to zero and deposit is being refunded as part of promotion). Plenty of opportunity to get cashback (up to £125 per adult p.a. with enough activity). Free cinema tickets every week. Free Starbucks drinks (ok, I know… 🙂 ).

There are various other discounts of BA flights, Eurostar – which I haven’t looked at but I assume these will be significantly more difficult to get at. You even get points awarded for buying “healthily” at Ocado. 😆

There must be a catch mustn’t there?

I’m thinking they reel people in who are doing the “Right, new year, new me, I’m going to go mental getting fit…” and then fall off the wagon a few months later. But if you just like doing exercise and do it as a habit rather than as a way to get rewards, then you might as well be getting something, even if it is a shiny new Garmin or Apple Watch?

Anyone here signed up and seeing benefits or on the other hand, thinking it was a bit of shit idea?

EDIT: I had a quotation from them, and to be fair, for double the life cover I have currently, it would be an extra £10 per month.

IHN

You trade through a LtdCo, right?

I had a Relevant Life plan through Vitality, which was paid through my LtdCo when i was a contractor, so was tax-efficient frpm a Corporation Tax and personal tax/BIK perspective.

And yes, it came with all the freebies you mention, but like any of those kind of things you have to stay on top of it to reap the most benefit, which I never did really.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I have a policy with them, never really paid any attention to the benefits though, I’ll need to have a look!

footflaps

We get it through work, wife has used both her and my account to get half price trainers….

Does seem a lot of effort of little reward if you’re going for the monthly points thing.

hedley
    Free Member

So far I have an Apple Watch 2 on my wrist which I have paid very little towards, Got £300 off my road bike through Evans Cycles and my wife has had a pair of trainers. yeah I know, lucky her.

I think it is worth it.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

You trade through a LtdCo, right?

No, I don’t. I’m ST. Missus dd does though so we’re looking into that wot you mentioned.

Does seem a lot of effort of little reward if you’re going for the monthly points thing.

It wouldn’t be any greater effort than I’m already putting in and I don’t have a shiny to show for it. 🙂

So far I have an Apple Watch 2 on my wrist which I have paid very little towards, Got £300 off my road bike through Evans Cycles and my wife has had a pair of trainers. yeah I know, lucky her.

I think it is worth it.

Thank you for sharing!

nealglover
    Free Member

I’m an advisor for life insurance, the rewards with Vitality are great and they can make the policy very cheap when offset against the premiums.

Happy to advise anyone interested, same price as direct and no fee, all paid by the insurer.

Email in profile.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Vitality Life Insurance/Fitness Rewards – anyone tried it?’ is closed to new replies.