Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Vista driver problems,
  • mrmo
    Free Member

got to the point now that i can get the laptop to boot into safe mode but it is hanging everytime i try to boot it normally. It will log in but freezes up once it has opened.

I am not sure why a 10month old laptop should suddenly decide to play up.

Because i can get safe mode i guess something in full mode isn’t right. But how do i find out? what do you use to turn off drivers? I can only do this in safe mode.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

10 months old? Stop trying to fix it and take it back to the shop.

mrmo
    Free Member

that is next on the list of things to do. But as that will probably involve them sending it away to someone else, i was hopping a quick fiddle would fix the problem.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Do you have a recovery disc?

mrmo
    Free Member

just found the “safe” place and giving it one more try. I had been restoring from the Hard Drive option

PJay
    Free Member

It’s probably worth doing a system restore to see if you can take it back to a time when it was working.

mrmo
    Free Member

i have been doing system restores and them not working? It looks like it may have worked 5th time lucky….?Touch wood, cross fingers, etc, etc, etc…..

PJay
    Free Member

Have you got automatic updates running? Microsoft Windows can be a bit naughy by installing things in the background without you knowing (although it may ask for comfirmation). I did it off and install manually (still using XP though)so at least if something goes wrong I know what I need to look at uninstalling.

You don’t really want it happening again I supsect.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Vista driver problems,’ is closed to new replies.