Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Visit to the local frame builder – Shiny 953 29r goodness
  • tang
    Free Member

My week of all things bike rolls on. Yesterday I spent a very enjoyable lunchtime with Ted James, frame builder, serious rider and nice bloke . He has moved in down the road and will be fabricating in steel and ti on my doorstep! Looking forward to some rides also. Anyway this beauty was in:
    [/url]
    Ted James’s workshop by tangwyn, on Flickr[/img]
    953 with some amazing tube work and forming to the steel, internal cables. Ted does his own custom headtubes also.
    reynolds/tune wheels, xx1, carbon lefty, syntace bars/stem. shade over 23lbs even with all the tubing.
    [/url]
    custom lug with reynolds decal nicely full of mud.
    [/url]
    Check the forming and shot finish.
    i’d love a custom frame…..

Clobber
    Free Member

Hideous IMO

tang
    Free Member

its a client request and an experiment in what can be done with 953 tubing. Reynolds were so impressed that he’s working with them on lots of projects.

ir_bandito
    Free Member

I’m all for trying something new and diferent, and that looks extremely well made. But it isn’t half fugly. Its like someone started a cruiser-style frame, got distracted halfway, but decied to carry on regardless.

futonrivercrossing
    Free Member

Oh my eyes – truly fugly.

futonrivercrossing
    Free Member

Oh my eyes – truly fugly.

johnnystorm

Beauty, not imho. Device to demonstrate a range of production techniques you might like (a couple of!) in your new frame, very good.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Visit to the local frame builder – Shiny 953 29r goodness’ is closed to new replies.