• This topic has 18 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by xora.
Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Virgin VPN – issues today
  • rascal
    Free Member

I’m sure I’m not alone – working from home and connecting remotely to work network via VPN with Virgin.
    Overnight, Virgin have disabled VPN for residents meaning you can’t access work remotely unless you open a business account…WTF?!
    Fine yesterday – affecting lots where I freelance. Can’t get on today – no warning that I was aware of.

Anyone else had this today?

IHN

Someone I work with has been complaining about issues with Virgin broadband today

rascal
    Free Member

IHN – that’s par for the course with these idiots.
    Blocking people WFH is something entirely different

Speeder

What! I’m going to have to take my LT home tonight to check this but that’s outrageous!

prettygreenparrot

Virgin have disabled VPN

all VPNs? That seems improbable. Though given VM possible.

Work traffic must be significantly less than streaming and gaming traffic…most of the time.

grahamt1980

Nordvpn is working through virgin media at the moment

CountZero

I use Cloudflare Warp 1.1.1.1, seems to work ok. I did use Firefox VPN for a while, but it was a bit flaky at times, so I stopped using it.

pk13

Works tec support put out an bulletin about virgin today so something happened. I promptly ignored it

*No I don’t work for virgin

rumbledethumps
    Free Member

Unfortunately we still use Direct Access where I work. It was 20 mins logging in today!

Absolute sh1te customer service from Virgin. Local postcode checker reporting issues with on demand 🤣. Yet they still have the audacity to increase their monthly charge.

captmorgan
    Free Member

I suspect this is untrue, I checked for stories related to vm, virgin blocking VPN’s yesterday & again just now & there is no resent reports of this being a thing, perhaps the op could come back & clarify.

Sandwich

all VPNs? That seems improbable. Though given VM possible.

Many moons ago I had a similar problem when using Virgin broadband at home. The fix was to turn off some security in the home network and it worked. Needless to say I expressed some unhappiness with this state of affairs. It looks like they haven’t improved in the intervening decade.

hightensionline

Speeder

Tried it last night and my corporate VPN didn’t have any issues so WFH is still on – for now at least.

rascal
    Free Member

Tried it last night and my corporate VPN didn’t have any issues so WFH is still on – for now at least.

My colleague was speaking to them yesterday lunchtime-ish – apparently they had ‘lots of complaints’ – no shit!
    It would appear they bowed to all the flack as all the bods that couldn’t get on AM, soon could – without opening a business account. All good yesterday PM, and today. There are wanchors though undoubtedly.

hightensionline

Yep. I’m on day 2 of trying not to cancel my VM account; they offered a whole £7 off yesterday. I’m currently “having a think about that”.

johndoh
    Free Member

^ In my experience it took actually leaving to make them give me a reasonable offer. I cancelled my DD, told them I was leaving and was part-way through setting up with another supplier when I got an email with a silly offer (my package was due to go up to about £82 a month and they offered a BB speed upgrade and more TV channels on an 18 month contract with the price fixed for 18 months – all for £44 a month).

captmorgan
    Free Member

I stand kinda corrected, Twitter seems to show some kind of service failure but no evidence that vm deliberately turned off vpn availability for domestic users.

hightensionline

I’ll cross my fingers they do the same with my account. The basic bundle is £39 to newbies, and even though I’m not expecting those rates, to demand north of £90 (with half the broadband of even that basic package) was the final straw. That and the RPI based increase each year, +3.9% on top. Meh.

xora

Did they just punt a whole load of people to cgNAT? That breaks a LOT of corporate VPNs!

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.