Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Virgin effin media
  • revs1972
    Free Member

We decided to move into the new house earlier than orginally planned due to more space for the kids.
    I need to disconnect my services at the old place, so tried to ring them. Surprise surprise the call centres are not being manned for disconnects, so they text a link to be able to message virgin to let them know what i want to do. This link sends you to a help site that tells you what should do when moving house blah blah etc. No where on there to contact them.
    Does anyone know how to get hold of them to initiate the cut off procedure ?
    Cheers

johndoh
    Free Member

I don’t think any of us should be complaining about shit like this right now – it’s not like we’re not in an unprecedented period of crisis and a great many organisations simply haven’t got robust Business Continuity plans that will easily cover the current situation adequately.

project
    Free Member

try ringing Nat west or HMRC or any other large call centre, staff are self isolating probably even if theyre well because they dont want to be in contact with any other person in that office.

revs1972
    Free Member

I don’t think any of us should be complaining about shit like this right now – it’s not like we’re not in an unprecedented period of crisis and a great many organisations simply haven’t got robust Business Continuity plans that will easily cover the current situation adequately.

Posted 37 minutes ago

Well, you say that, but they were quite happy to let me arrange a new installation for broadband in 2 weeks time. All done online. Easy. So why cant they let me arrange disconnection at the other place online ?

oldtennisshoes

virgin media are in a league of their own when it comes to shit call centre-based customer service (yes the irony shouldn’t be lost). I can’t help with a number, but I do sympathise. Hope you get it sorted.

Sandwich

@project HMRC you stand a good chance of getting through to someone just now. Many staff are WFH and can be phoned for the COVID Job Protection Scheme. Lines open from 8 to 8 Mon to Fri. I expect that once the scheme is running normal phone enquiries should then be possible.

funkmasterp

I’ll see your Virgin Media and raise you an EE Broadband. They were shite before the current situation and I can’t even contact anybody now not even a chat bot. Tried to set up My EE, but in order to finalise the registration you have to put in your EE mobile number for the final step. I don’t have one, just the broadband, so can’t finish the setup. I can see the menu I need right in front of me. I press, it asks for my EE mobile number, I weep

johndoh
    Free Member

Well, you say that, but they were quite happy to let me arrange a new installation for broadband in 2 weeks time. All done online. Easy. So why cant they let me arrange disconnection at the other place online ?

As I say, because they probably don’t have a robust plan. I didn’t say there was no way of transacting at all, they will simply not have normal procedures in places.

P-Jay
    Free Member

When I moved Virgin did the disconnect and reconnect on the same day as 1 job.

Agreed they’ve been a nightmare since, I had a complaint on-going since Jan. in the end I got a letter asking me to text a number, for through to one of their guys in his home. He sorted me out in mins.

They’re working 1 on 3 off at the moment to allow social distancing with a back of off others WFH via SMS.

CountZero

Virgin are currently digging up every footpath in Chippenham and laying fibre, I wonder how many satisfied customers they’ll have?

noltae
    Free Member

The only way to get to talk to someone at Virgin media right now is to select the ‘Im thinking of leaving’ option.. I had to resort to this tactic numerous times in order to get my new Virgin hub up and running.. I have my mobile contact with EE and I think they are much better than Virgin to deal with..

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Thr “I am leaving” is the only way I have ever managed to speak to someone. Normally got some upgrade or price reduction too

baboonz
    Free Member

Its not like they are much better normally, any call to virgin media would normally be a couple of hours ordeal.

chrismac

I went into a store and got this number from them. 0800 0521920. I wanted to leave as its too expensive

unovolo
    Free Member

Virgin are currently digging up every footpath in Chippenham and laying fibre, I wonder how many satisfied customers they’ll have?

They did our estate late last year(well technically it was some company that had tendered for it) they left the pavements looking like a dogs arse.

Woke up one morning to find a nice new grey junction box 6ft away from my front door, no consultation on placement but as I don’t own the pavement I suppose I dont get a say, looks bloody awful though and had to clear chunks of dug out tarmac left in my borders behind.

I theory if I went with them I should have a solid super quick connection due to the proximity of the above but judging from various opinions thats unlikely.

chakaping
    Free Member

You’ll have a great connection which will work fine most of the time, but they will charge handsomely for it and when it doesn’t work you will come to hate them.

+1 for appalling CS and obfuscating when it suits them.

Sadly they seem to have an effective monopoly on high speed broddband here.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Virgin effin media’ is closed to new replies.