Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Vinschgau Advice
  • andykentos
    Free Member

Off to Vinschgau on Saturday, anyone got any advice on trails or hidden gems to ride. From my understanding a lot of it is pedal yourself up or the lifts only run morning and evening.

Anyone got any GPX files of decent tours to make?

Thanks in advance

Spin
    Free Member

We got MTB trail maps in the tourist information in Glurns.

There are a variety of bike bus / uplift services including one that takes you to the top of Stelvio from where it’s something like 30k mostly downhill back to Glurns.

For the rest of my time there I just made up my own routes using the OS equivalent.

andykentos
    Free Member

Ah ok thanks, are there singletrails down the stelvio as well? i have just been looking on strava and seems there a few good singletrails on both sides in laas.

Going to take the e bike and the reign, so on the first day i can do it a bit of exploring with the e bike and then take it from there.

Spin
    Free Member

I didn’t make that clear did I? There is a good off road route down from the Stelvio.

alpin
    Free Member

Vinschgau…. Soon to be a victim of its own success.

Firstly, download Trailforks before you get there. All the trails are on there.

The area around Latsch/Laas is where the majority of the classic trails are. Holy Hansen, 36er/Madritschjoch, Sunny Benny, etc…

Not sure if it’s open already, but the lifts at Reschensee (Dreiländereck) are worth a couple of days riding.

Goldsee trail is worth waking up early for (take a shuttle or park your motor up there and leave a bike lock in Prad and get a bus back to the top). No bikes after 10am and the Glunser Alm trail is now off limits for bikes (was a great natural, flow trail).

markgraylish
    Free Member

I rode the 3 Lander Enduro trail in Vinschgau starting in St Valentine. The first descent was excellent (ie fairly technical) but a couple of the other trails where a bit meh and there was one fairly long section of dirt road climbing I could have avoided by using a lift.
    Other than that, it was a good day out.

Stelvio? This time of year?? Won’t that still be under several feet of snow???

Spin
    Free Member

Hadn’t clocked he was going so soon!

alpin
    Free Member

Vinschgau has its own micro climate. The 3000m peaks that surround the valley catch most of the bad weather. Over 300 sunny days a year.

Have been riding up to 1300m in February with only a little snow.

Stilfser Joch will have snow (2700m).

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Vinschgau Advice’ is closed to new replies.