Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Video Editing software
  • gixernick

Having upgraded my GoPro Hero 3 to a Hero 8. The windows video editor seems unable to cope. I assume it’s down to the bigger file sizes.
    I need something that can trim clips and put them together in edits. needs to be cheap and not too complicated.
    Any suggestions?

oldtennisshoes

Isn’t there a free GoPro download?

sirromj

Olive is free, easy to use, I’ve had no problems with it editing 1080p 60fps video (granted, not 4k).

CraigW
    Free Member

Vegas Movie Studio is pretty good. Can do quite a lot of stuff, I’m learning how to use it now. I got it quite cheap on Humble Bundle, not sure if any deals just now.

Also depends on your PC. If you’re trying to edit 4K video, it may be a bit slow, unless you have plenty of memory etc.

bear-uk
    Free Member

Strange that the windows editor cant cope with files as I found the Windows 10 to be realy easy for basic editing.
    Da-vinchi resolve 16 free edition works very well once you know your way around it.

colournoise

Shotcut. Free and surprisingly capable (cross-platform too if that matters to you).

lewzz10
    Free Member

Final Cut Pro X if you have a Mac, Da Vinci Resolve for anything else (or if you object to cost/illegal downloads for FCPX)

stewartc
    Free Member

Filmora, the free version is great with a very similar layout to iMovie, very intuitive. I paid for the full version but it was peanuts.

davy-g
    Free Member

Davinci Resolve is a high end editor, and it comes in a FREE edition for home use..

https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/uk/products/davinciresolve/

willard

I’ve used the stock Windows editor in he past, but have started using Resolve after a tip from a friend. It’s waaaaaaaay more capable, but squarely aiming at the Final Cut Pro market and commercial use. The free version is free though and will likely be more editor than you could ever want or need.

antares
    Free Member

I’m still using gopro studio which I’ve had for years and does everything I need it to do. I did try Davinci Resolve but it just constantly crashes.

windyg
    Free Member

Tried loads, found Filmora the most intuitive to use and one i was happy to pay for.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Video Editing software’ is closed to new replies.