• This topic has 17 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Drac.
Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Vera..
  • hodgynd
    Free Member

It’s a bit of a laugh if you know the area ..Kielder Water , Derwent Resevoir & Sweethope Loughs all being passed off as being the same body of water ..talk about artistic licence ..

Drac

Yup gets all a bit confusing but I usllay give up long before then due to the shite accent.

hodgynd
    Free Member

With you there on the accent ..not even close to any dialect that I can think of ..

NGood to see the Simonside Hills getting a run out too..

Drac

Yup gets around I think they’re due again soon, often see them filming in the distance as I drive about.

cinnamon_girl

Vera fan here, plays the part really well apart from the accent obviously.  Shame that was the end of the series.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Not just the accent, her whingy voice gets on my wick.

uphillcursing
    Free Member

Drives SWMBO nuts as I sit there explaining where every location I recognise is. The accent is a shocker though. Every now and again she gets shades of my Granny for a second or two but usually it is shocking. Still not a bad go for an actress, Dick Van Dyke she is not.

Drac

Oh it could have been worse.

https://youtu.be/Ei1DnFdJrww

uphillcursing
    Free Member

Drac, that is through bad and into the realms of genius.

Drac

It’s just incredibly bad.

budgierider67

It’s not the talking it’s the lack of it that bugs me. Specifically the solicitors who sit in the interviews occasionally making notes and remaining entirely mute.

natrix
    Free Member

Last nights episode mentioned ‘trail biking’ and the fact that some bike trails are covered by CCTV!!!!!

😮

psling
    Free Member

natrix

Last nights episode mentioned ‘trail biking’ and the fact that some bike trails are covered by CCTV!!!!!”

Only the “muster points”!

And, £500 for a bike? – how much??!!?

I enjoy Vera, hm.

whitestone
    Free Member

That and the dialog along the lines of “You wouldn’t get much change out of £500 for a bike like that”!

Multiple locations being used for one? Possibly something in the background in one direction meaning that they couldn’t shoot all the shots at one place.

Generally watchable, my wife likes it, a lot better than much on TV. Actually one of the few things on ITV that we do watch.

slowpuncheur
    Free Member

Dear actors, to effect a Geordie accent you need to do more than just change the inflection at the end of the sentence, like. The casting policy seems to be use anyone who might be a bit northern. Would have been nice to hear a proper Northumberland accent given the setting…but that’s asking a bit much.

choppersquad
    Free Member

Vera..aaahh

What has become of you?

RustySpanner

Yonder the deacon in misguided trousers…….

Drac

They use multiple locations as must just for the scenary then anything else. All TV shows and films jump around so many locations for different shots of the same scene.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.