Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 122 total)
  • Vent your angst – what first world problem have you faced this week?
  • IHN

I’ll start:

After trawling round the Cirencester store on Sunday, it would seem that Waitrose do not stock free range turkeys in the stores. You have to order them online and then pick them up at the store a couple of days before Christmas. And what’s more, you don’t even pay for them when you order them, you have to queue to pick it up and then queue at the checkout to pay for it. Honestly, can you imagine?

billysugger
    Free Member

Please sticky this mods.

ericemel
    Free Member

My robot vacuum cleaner got itself stuck in the bathroom, annoyingly behind the door after somehow closing it.

theotherjonv

Neals yard dairy’s online shop doesn’t have exactly the selection of cheeses that i want for my Christmas cheeseboard on one of their pre selections.

I can get 2 out of three several ways but then the third isn’t right.

I’m either going to have to phone them and see if they can change one out, or go up there in person and sort it out directly.

patriotpro
    Free Member

My servant asked for 4 fish-fingers as opposed to the usual 3.

vorlich
    Free Member

I can’t decide which premium sport tourer to buy.

Hohum
    Free Member

Worrying how long it would take me to get out of the SECC’s carpark last night after seeing Jeff Wayne’s War of The Worlds.

Would it take me 10 minutes or 15 minutes?

swiss01
    Free Member

i really, really needed some samphire and the shop said it was out of stock, like so much it’s ‘out of season’ blah blah blah

Northwind

Ho hum – Member

Worrying how long it would take me to get out of the SECC’s carpark last night after seeing Jeff Wayne’s War of The Worlds.

Would it take me 10 minutes or 15 minutes?

That’s not too bad, some people died of hunger in the queue after the Muse gig. Y U no take money on way in, dicks?

sugdenr
    Free Member

Had open a Payal dispute to get refund for Evans special offer they had run out of stock, I mean honestly Cycle Surgery automatically refunded my paypal payment when I missed the boat on the Bonty tyre offer….

…and people sitting in the third lane on the 4 lane stretch of the M25.

derek_starship
    Free Member

We’ve just had the fitting of our electronic blinds postponed until Sunday. But I’ll be playing polo so Mrs. S will have to stay in for the fitter.

Bloody oiks.

mrblobby
    Free Member

I still can’t quite get my coffee grind, distribution and tamp right with my new beans. It’s quite vexing.

muddyground
    Free Member

Trying to find jam in the Tesco’s at Purley. Fail.

warton
    Free Member

The renovation of the fireplace in the dining room will not be ready for Christmas.

porter_jamie

Tescos?!

Hohum
    Free Member

Will my Lovefilm blu ray arrive in time for us to watch it this Saturday?

onandon
    Free Member

My £185 Missoni scarf isn’t as warm as expected 🙁

fasthaggis

I have lost a nice pen this morning,I am trying to muddle on with an inferior substitute .

stewartc
    Free Member

Tried to get new replacement pads for my 661 recon helemt but the LBS only had the green color and I wanted red, since I couldnt wait for the red ones I now do not colour co-ordinate with the rest of my bike or clothing.

muddyground
    Free Member

Tescos?!

– trying to get something for the servants on Boxing day that would suit their status in life 😉

MrOvershoot

I can’t find the manual for our wireless shower control unit & the batteries need changing.

Our town post office is closed “due to unforeseen circumstances” & I need to send cards to France.

The LED lamps for our bathroom won’t be here until after Christmas.

Its very cold in my garage & the heater wasn’t powerful enough to keep my glass of Rioja just so while I fitted a new chain on my fixie.

Our food processor failed big time while making beef rissoles & the choice of replacements is bewildering!

You see my life is just stress city 😮

tomhoward

I left my gloves at work last night, as such I had cold pinkies this morning on arriving at work.

I dont know how I managed it. It was minus 1 out!

kimbers

5hrs pressing redial trying to buy a kraftwerk, ticket, i dont even like em that much but itd be the best xmas pressie for the missus!

geoffj

The rental cottage company in Brittany don’t take Amex for the deposit.

tang
    Free Member

My iPhone power button has packed up 2 weeks out of warrenty. Plus I have to get my Burberry jacket and shirt from Knightsbridge somehow before dinner at Chavenege at the weekend.

cookeaa

From Yesterday

Sorry 🙄

jota180
    Free Member

Apparently everyone in our company has been given Christmas Eve off as an extra day, those that had booked it as holiday will not be given another day in lieu 🙁

binners

The quality of marching powder drops disappointingly at this time of year as the plebs treat themselves 😥

BenHouldsworth
    Free Member

The quality of marching powder drops disappointingly at this time of year as the plebs treat themselves

😀

muddyground
    Free Member

Apparently everyone in our company has been given Christmas Eve off as an extra day, those that had booked it as holiday will not be given another day in lieu

– you work for a living? How quaint. 😆

rogg
    Free Member

After dropping my daughter at school this evening, I will have a 20 minute wait before the start of the school play. There is no mobile phone signal or WiFi in the school hall, and what passes for mulled wine served in the temporary bar in the school canteen can barely be deemed drinkable. The headmaster and parent-governors seem unwilling to address my concerns – to whom can I turn for solace?

allthepies
    Free Member

My cleaner who normally visits on Tuesdays, had to postpone until Wednesday this week meaning I had to iron today’s shirt (a task she normally performs).

jota180
    Free Member

you work for a living? How quaint.

It’s not all bad, I get to do it from our holiday place in the Canaries

wurzelcube
    Free Member

Why don’t drivers understand fog lights are only to be used when visibility drops below 100 metres, or more to the point do drivers even know how far away 100 metres is?

marsdenman
    Free Member

Don’t, just don’t, get me starting on freaking inkjet printers, their ability to drink ink and there predisposition to not recognise 2 x new cartridges (of the same colour) = a trip to town. For no good reason.

As if it was enough to have had 4 days without the Gaggia at home, poor thing expired.

Fortunately, the new one (thanks to the PSA thread) has arrived and appears to perform it’s task well 🙂

muddyground
    Free Member

It’s not all bad, I get to do it from our holiday place in the Canaries

– surely you mean “winter residence?”

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Waitrose have sold out of the proper sauscisson sec, so I have had to buy the inferior one from the deli counter.

jota180
    Free Member

surely you mean “winter residence?”

it is from next year, I hope

tomtomthepipersson
    Free Member

Deciding whether to give our cleaner cash or wine & chocolates this Christmas.

Is cash too impersonal? Wine seems a better choice. But red or white? Maybe a nice Rioja. Or a Chablis. What if she doesn’t drink? Dark or milk chocolate? Maybe truffles?

Oh bloody hell… need a lie down.

PiknMix
    Free Member

I had to make an on the spot desicion as to which of my other bikes to ride as my number 1 didn’t feel quite right!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 122 total)

The topic ‘Vent your angst – what first world problem have you faced this week?’ is closed to new replies.