Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 122 total)
  • Vent your angst – what first world problem have you faced this week?
  • Bunnyhop

The local bakery took my order at 9.30p.m for a small wholemeal loaf and a large granary, both to be sliced. Collection by me at lunchtime.

At 12.15 precisely I go to collect ordered loaves, to find they haven’t been sliced. Shop girl argues (infront of a very busy shop) that 12.15 does not constitute lunch time.

nickc

One of the wheels on my chair is slower than the others, this causes me to describe a gentle arc when I roll backwards rather than to go straight, this means I need to execute a further manoevre to get to my bookcase as it’s slightly out of reach.

I am troubled by this

fakesounding
    Free Member

Tesco seem to have changed where they get their Royal Gala apples from. They taste different and the skin feels funny in my hand 🙁 The multipack also costs 10p more now. TEN. PENCE. MORE.

Oh, the humanity!

Houns

I have spent the last 3 days at a new job sat opposite the most beautiful girl I have ever seen, I mean THE most beautiful

Karinofnine

I picked up a jar of smooth peanut butter instead of crunchy – didn’t realise my mistake until I got home. I’m still having nightmares.

fakesounding
    Free Member

I picked up a jar of smooth peanut butter instead of crunchy – didn’t realise my mistake until I got home. I’m still having nightmares.

That is a terrible situation to be in. I feel your pain 🙁

yunki
    Free Member

On the way home at dinner time, after six hours riding on the frozen moor, which was definitely 2 hours longer than I should have stayed out..
    Freezing cold, completely empty of calories, sore in the shoulders and spirit and starting to bonk.. Knowing that dinner would be from the freezer and uninspiring at best this evening I had to endure the torment of smelling every delicious home cooked meal that wafted from the houses in town..

horrendous, I actually wept a little

Kryton57

Karinofnine – Member

Has this got “American Pie” style connatations?

ojom
    Free Member

I seem to have run out of Tupperware.

Karinofnine

Eurggh! I looked it up on Google No, not American Pie stylee.

_tom_
    Free Member

I had to de-ice my windscreen before I could leave for work early this morning.

Karinofnine

What? How inconvenient – you should complain to the Met Office, they make it too cold this time of year.

wallop

I keep forgetting to phone my butcher to let him know I’ll be picking the Dexter beef rib up on the 31st, and not the 29th.

yetidave
    Free Member

Spaniards.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Currently sat in the BA T5 lounge hoping to get home at somepoint. Frankly the selection of old world white wines is disappointing.

I was in the F Lounge the other day and they had run out of Chablis. There was nearly a raised eyebrow, I can tell you!

tomhoward

F lounge

You have your own lounge? The business lounge now seems so…. Frightfully common, frankly.

*sigh*

hora
    Free Member

Tupperware? You store your drugs on tupperware? I find biscuit tins hold 1kg easier

patriotpro
    Free Member

stumpy01 – Member
    Some satsumas taste delicious & contain zero pips, while others from the same bag are insipid, just tough skin & full of seeds…!

Funny because it’s true! Satsuma QC is non-existant down the pan 🙄

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

The business lounge now seems so…. Frightfully common, frankly.

Well, it does, doesn’t it? I mean, the business class lounge at T5 only has one champagne on offer. Shocking, almost immoral levels of suffering.

It gets really bad when I go to Barcelona (About once a month or so). There’s ONLY a business class lounge! No First! I have to slum it with the lowly oiks in the business class lounge! Oh, the INHUMANITY!

patriotpro
    Free Member

Which polo mallet to take to the next big-game…

NZCol

My RS4 was broken and….I can hardly bring myself to write this….I had to get a bus.

_tom_
    Free Member

What? How inconvenient – you should complain to the Met Office, they make it too cold this time of year.

I know, right? And to make matters worse, the ice from the scraper made my gloves a bit soggy.

Whilst we’re here, the top string snapped on my guitar and I’ve had to replace it with a 14 rather than my usual 11 gauge. It’s just not on really.

onceinalifetime
    Free Member

Hi Simon, was funnily enough in Ciren. waitrose earlier on to find the staff utter dreadful and shameless in providing a pleasant experience and were quite rude in fact.

Maybe it was the fact I was wearing a black animal hoody hood down of course and so being a young customer of theirs they assumed I am a punk.

Pah!

Screw em, they drove into my wall I built once and used to get £300 a month from online shop yrs ago.
    Vote with your feet whilst informing them in store they are full of shit!
    Works for me every time.

They are utter crap ime and imo.

Even if I have to trapse round fresh meat and vet stores, it’s well worth it or better still live off the land like I cough partly do cough.

juanking

Flashy/Tom, the Concorde lounge is where it’s at. First class ticket holders only, if memory serves me correctly the choice of white burgundy with my fish could have been better. I got so annoyed I went for a massage.

Karinofnine

I hate how these days I have to put diesel in my car MYSELF – I find it deeply distressing, I mean, someone common might have touched the pump. It was so much better when there were staff at garages who came out and stood in the rain, putting fuel in one’s car and checking one’s oil and water.

NZCol – a bus!!! How dreadful! They’re full of poor people.

tomhoward

Halcyon days juan, halcyon days. Though didn’t Concorde have a famously well stocked wine cellar? Though even the Concorde lounge had infiltrators from the proles towards the end of it’s glorious life, what with all the ghastly special offers BA ran. Some of them were using it to go on holiday on, instead of a commuting tool! Can you imagine?!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Never got to fly on Speedbird. 🙁 Always regret that.

The Concorde Room is indeed very pleasant, and great wine list there. However, I like the loungers on the “outside” terrace at the T5 First lounge myself. And the full cooked brekker.

stevew
    Free Member

Just made borscht in the kenwood chef titanium for a dinner party on Saturday. Can’t decide if one should serve it with or without the traditional glug of vodka?!?

stavromuller
    Free Member

Borscht! Peasant food!

IvanDobski
    Free Member

Having finally decided the Barbour Mountain Parka is just what I need for keeping a particular kind of rain off whilst jollying around the countryside I’ve searched high and low for a shop with one in stock to try for size but with absolutely no joy.

However today, whilst driving through London (ghastly place, usually avoided) I saw what appeared to be the worlds largest Barbour concept store. Unfortunately I was both running late and geographically misplaced (2 things poss related) and consequently had no opportunity to stop.

Oh the humanity.

tomhoward

‘Geographically misplaced’ is the best phrase for saying ‘lost’ I’ve ever heard!

seadog101

Despite being a quite nice and likeable my new phone one does not seem to have graphic equaliser with it’s native music app.

They do not fly enough planes from Aberdeen to Durham Tees Valley on a Friday, hence I have to wait until the evening flight, after a dawdling stay at the hotel, late check out 17:00.

drain

The lower tray in our shiny new dishwasher keeps coming off the runner unless you pull it from precisely the central point, majorly frustrating…. Should’ve kept the kitchen scrubber 😉

wellwellwell
    Free Member

I can’t decide which of my three bike frames to build up first. The one I want to most is also the most expensive one so ill have to wait the longest. The other two are relatively cheaper so I can get them built up much quicker and get that new bike feeling. Sooner.

However it’s not the one I really want to build up 🙁

thejesmonddingo

The Times keeps changing the location of the Sudoku in the Times2,back page to inside and back again,I never know where to look first.

tomd
    Free Member

I wanted to stock up on vanilla chai from my local organic deli, but they’d sold out and only had “orginal” chai left which is slightly caffeinated. What do they expect me to do? If I’d wanted original chai I might as well have gone to the local Spar.

Pembo
    Free Member

Not being able to leave -ve feedback on eBay. Just had some joker buy stuff which he arranged to collect but never showed up. Checked his feedback in more detail and although he was 100% positive feedback every comment was a variation on ‘never shows up’.

bikebouy
    Free Member

The 3G connection on the train this morning is rather slow..
    “Tuts”

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Waiting to pick the missus up from work and she’s late. I rushed here and didn’t grab the shopping on the way as she said she would be on time…..

binners

6 Music will insist on playing bloody Mumford and Sons. Tsk!

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 122 total)

The topic ‘Vent your angst – what first world problem have you faced this week?’ is closed to new replies.