Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Vehicle tracker app for iPhone?
  • phil5556

I have an old iPhone. I have a PAYG SIM. And I have a vehicle I want to be able to find if it ever goes missing.

Just putting the phone in said vehicle will allow me to use “Find My” to show where it is but is there an app with more functionality?

Ideally one I can set a Geo Fence up on to send myself a message?

Cheers

sharkbait
    Free Member

Put the ifttt (if then that) app on the phone, create an app on ifttt that will message/email you when the phone goes outside the area you select.

feed

You could use Life360. It’s a free app on iOS and android which is meant for showing where family members are in real time. You can set up zones and get a notification if the phone leaves a zone.

jairaj

You can use Siri Shortcuts.

Eg every time the car moves more than 50m away from your home the phone sends you a message.

You can set up a shortcut for that. You define the home or usual parking spot location. You can define a radius around that location eg 50m. And then define when the phone is outside that radius the phone sends a message to you or some other action.

phil5556

Cheers.

Shortcuts doesn’t work as it needs confirmation before running, which really defeats the whole point of automation – unless there’s a way to disable it?

Turns out I have an old IFTTT account so will have a play and check out Life360 too.

scuttler

Any useful hints or tips in this? Bloke is thorough and his business is security.

https://scotthelme.co.uk/building-a-gps-tracker-for-my-car/

tails
    Free Member

Have you seen those ghost immobilisers might be worth considering if you have a valuable motor.

phil5556

Have you seen those ghost immobilisers might be worth considering if you have a valuable motor.

Yes I’m planning to get one fitted.

It’s not so much that it’s that valuable, but campers seem highly desirable at the moment.

tails
    Free Member

The guy around the corner from me has a wheel clamp on his camper another deterrent. Although there would be something satisfying recovering your vehicle and busting a organised crime gang, it’s probably safer it’s not nicked in the first place.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Vehicle tracker app for iPhone?’ is closed to new replies.